You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ASCHEER_3055

Konigsberg Ranked sprint Tier 5 Best CL?

17 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
6,778 battles

I used the German Cruiser Konigsberg for all my ranked sprint games for the most part this ship was really good against all other cruisers

and DD's......I could win all my 1 on 1 battles agents all other  Cruisers it seemed.....Ranked out in 30 games. Seen less CL the lower I went  so I had to

pick and choose when to attack seem to work best when I could Flank them that seemed to really help the team! You all know when a BB see's

a CL they get locked in and most always they want to chase!  And yes I had lots of help from a lot of really good player!! Thanks and good Hunting!!

Edited by ASCHEER_3055
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,905 posts
4,166 battles
3 minutes ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

I used the German Cruiser Konigsberg for all my ranked sprint games for the most part this ship was really good against all other cruisers

and DD's......I could win all my 1 on 1 battles agents all other  Cruisers it seemed.....Ranked out in 30 games. Seen less CL the lower I went  so I had to

pick and choose when to attack seem to work best when I could Flank them that seemed to really help the team! You all know when a BB see's

a CL they get locked in and most always they want to chase!  And yes I had lots of help from a lot of really good player!! Thanks and good Hunting!!

Personally my choice would be the Murmansk, that thing is a beast tier 5 cruiser when it only plays against other tier 5's. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,497 posts
10,430 battles

Marblehead works well too.  Guns pointing everywhere for those pesky DDs.

[INTEL]
Members
1,311 posts
11,179 battles

Im not surprised you had good luck in the K-berg. Its combination of range and flat shooting arc is unmatched at T5. Its also a small target and having the twin turrets in the rear makes it very good for kiting.

Members
38 posts
6,778 battles
20 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Im not surprised you had good luck in the K-berg. Its combination of range and flat shooting arc is unmatched at T5. Its also a small target and having the twin turrets in the rear makes it very good for kiting.

Yes for sure!!

Members
22,706 posts
5,794 battles

Those 360° rear turrets are nice when chasing down DDs. Helps offset the omnidirectional gun layout advantage of the Omaha family.

[-K-]
Members
1,133 posts
7,812 battles

As someone who played only BBs in Ranked Sprint, I appreciated what Konigsbergs could do to enemy DDs and cruisers, but they are also one of the most reliable cruisers to blap heavily with a BB.  Omaha/Murmansk can sometimes be a bit troll and give nothing but overpens, but Konigsbergs and Emeralds give out cits to BBs very reliably.  So you've got to watch who's looking at you.

[DOW]
Members
807 posts
25,168 battles

Head to head wise, if in a Konigsberg vs Marblehead/Murmansk/Omaha, stick with AP as you can overmatch the ends of these sisters. Conversely, the Omaha ships cannot over match the ends of the Konigsberg with 6" AP and should reach for the HE if your Konigsberg target is steeply angled.

[-K-]
Members
6,229 posts
10,451 battles

Any T5 cruiser can be viable in Ranked Sprint, as long as you make sure no BBs look at you the wrong way.

• Cool 1

Members
22,706 posts
5,794 battles
21 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

As someone who played only BBs in Ranked Sprint, I appreciated what Konigsbergs could do to enemy DDs and cruisers, but they are also one of the most reliable cruisers to blap heavily with a BB.  Omaha/Murmansk can sometimes be a bit troll and give nothing but overpens, but Konigsbergs and Emeralds give out cits to BBs very reliably.  So you've got to watch who's looking at you.

For sure. Omahas are squishy, but a good driver can be hard to hit.

As an aside, I have never before Ranked Jr. seen a bow tanking Kirov. In Ranked, it seems like half the Kirovs do it....

[WOLF3]
Members
19,680 posts
18,060 battles

Here's how Sprint 1 worked out in the server.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/id,101/

Konigsberg is doing fine.

Lots of funny things there:

Emile Bertin and Furutaka did very well considering how BB - DD oriented this show was.  E.Bertin does pretty good in typical PVP so her good showing shouldn't be a weird anomaly.  But Furutaka's good showing is a surprise because she's not a ship people bring up in conversations much on these boards as a "Go To" ship.  But I guess sneaking around in an IJN CA with 203mm guns has its uses.

This tier also has a lot of broken Premium Ships and it shows.  6 of the 10 top WR% ships are Premiums doing significantly well.

Speaking of Broken, Caesar we all know from regular Random play is completely broken.  She succeeds as a Tier V BB where her peers fail even in a VII match.  So it's no surprise that she's done amazingly well in Ranked.  It should also be no surprise just how prevalent she was in Tier V Ranked Sprint.  The stats show she made up 10.9% of the ship presence in V Ranked.  Again, this should not be a surprise as Caesar is one of the most bought Premium Ships in the game.  Next closest is Okt.Rev at 6.7%, another Battleship.  Nicholas, a DD, is the most played Tech Tree ship and she made up 5.3%.  Konig is the most played Tech Tree BB making up only 3.4% of the ships played.

Bogue > Zuiho, but this is no surprise to anyone that knows a thing or two about the state of CVs right now.  We saw this coming long ago.  This is the first Ranked event where any IJN CV finishes below 50% WR and the Tech Tree USN CV does vastly better.  Every other IJN CV has done extremely well in Ranked, many being Top WR% ships.  Premium USN CVs Enterprise, Saipan do well, but typically their Tech Tree cousins are real stinkers. 

Hello Ranger.

Hello Lexi.

Etc.

The funny part of this is considering Bogue's history in this game.  For years and years she had been not only a terrible CV, but one of the worst ships in the game.  Seeing her on your team was a bad sign.  But the USN CV Revamp changed that and she improved greatly, probably too good.  Anyways, the CV Revamp is underway so this will change again...

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WUDPS]
5,019 posts
4,848 battles

360 rotating turrets, criminal torp arcs, and good speed...that's all you need.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,680 posts
18,060 battles
54 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

360 rotating turrets, criminal torp arcs, and good speed...that's all you need.

Only thing about her is in a tier where Cruisers are extremely fragile already, K-Berg's armor and citadel protection make wet paper bags look like Tiger Tanks.

[WUDPS]
5,019 posts
4,848 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Only thing about her is in a tier where Cruisers are extremely fragile already, K-Berg's armor and citadel protection make wet paper bags look like Tiger Tanks.