You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fijkus

The Codex Fijkus

44 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
176 posts
1,895 battles

Letter of Statement of Intent

I, fijkus, being a Son of Texas, even that Greatest State of which the mighty Battleship Texas was named in honor of, being both the boldest and the grandest, and also being a tanker, did desire to tread upon the waters for a time. And I talked with many others who wish to tread upon the waters, as well as those who tread upon the waters.

And being a believer I wished not to parody the works which I find sacred, nor to parody the works which others find sacred, but of those works did I adopt the stylings thereof. Also the works of poets, and of ancient writers, did their stylings I adopt. And I do this that I might entertain others, and also so that the history of the community thereof may also be preserved.

And upon writing down my thoughts upon electronic media did others declare my words a gudpost, and desired of me to create a thread. Thus I do post this thread.

May there be plentiful bacon for those who desire consume it, and may cats be less capricious to the sailors they adopt while playing Warships and treading upon the waters.

And this letter I write on the eleventh day of the third month of the two thousandth and fifteenth year since the meridian of time.

The "Genesis" of Warships

I will say goodbye to the Stats and ships in my docks...it will be a missed time... 

During the beforetimes the Creators let the Alphas play upon the waves, to test their creations,

And the Alphas stood as mighty giants upon the waves.

Some were mighty and tall, even as the mountains.

Others were small and crafty, like shadows.

Still others were as a flock of birds,

And others dabbled in all things, being competent in all things but never excelling at anything.

Then came the Weekends,

And the Weekends were numbered Two.

And it was on the Weekends that the first Betas were allowed to play,

And the Betas did clash against the Alphas, but also clashed with the Alphas,

For inevitably they were of the same team.

And among the Betas was the sailor Jingles who said

"... what we have in this Alpha Test version of World of Warships is spectacularly good.

I might as well get my cards right out on the table, right at the start of this video, and say that this game is fantastic,

Even at this early stage of development.

I really struggle to find anything bad to say about World of Warships.

Trust me, I tried."

And thus the game was good.

And there were others besides Jingles, but they are not made known unto me.

And the Betas were left in a state of rapture, and awaited the day when they may return upon the waves.

And there were Tankers, who sought to wear more elegant uniforms and engage in more lesuirely battle, even if only for a little while.

And there were many more besides.

And the messenger of the Creators gunlion did say:

"Captains, the World of Warships Closed Beta Test begins Thursday, March 12, 2015!"

And there was much hype, and many gudposts.

And it was good.

Thus are the words of fijkus, who is a tanker, but may yet become a sailor.

Edited by fijkus
  • Cool 38

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,184 posts
6,167 battles

Such beautiful words!  You deserve all the upvotes :medal:.

EDIT: As others have said, somebody should give fijkus access to the CBT :).  This guy is a gallant writer :D.

Edited by Fog_Carrier_ShangriLa
  • Cool 2

[CRON]
Beta Testers
778 posts
9,588 battles

Well done.

If I had to describe your style it would be this....Poe meets Python meets Shakespeare.

That is the best compliment I can give, I love all 3.

[JEEP]
Alpha Tester
286 posts
8,390 battles

Well, at least we got another Texan in here.

I hear two things come from Texas..............longhorns and BBQ...................

Alpha Tester
122 posts
266 battles

And thus began the book of fijkus, and the denizens of the sea, and those that were not yet of the sea, sat in rapture and feasted upon his words, for behold they saw that they were good.

I seriously loved reading this! I motion that fijkus become the official Chronicler of the Waves! All those in Favor, say aye!

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

You included cats and bacon after last night, have another +1.:)

bofUVay.gif

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
12 posts
244 battles

I hope I'm not the only one who read this in the voice of Brother Maynard's friar in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when they read from the Book of Armaments.

costanza-clapping.gif

• Cool 2

Members
561 posts
3,981 battles

This guy should be granted access to CBT with out having to apply for it..

I second this. :medal: Give him CBT!

8jmRxAR.gif

[USMC3]
[USMC3]
Beta Testers
240 posts
12,429 battles

Oh...OH.... please tell us about the night before CBT Great Poet, Master Sage, and beloved of the creators.  For us mere mortals will never be allowed in such august presence of the Alphas and Betas, or the Betas to be.  For surely you will be granted access to those hollowed waters as your prose paints a far more vivid picture then any video.  Us poor pollywogs who must work tomorrow will await your very words as if spoken by the great creators themselves.  And a resounding AYE for your elevation into CBT.

Beta Testers
176 posts
1,895 battles

bofUVay.gif

The Great Disappointment

And it came to pass that there was a gathering known as PAX East,

And the purpose of this gathering was to exhibit and play games.

And there would be a live stream hosted by Wargaming, of which there would be prizes.

And the messenger of the Creators gunlion did say that there would be an announcement during PAX East.

So the Alphas and the Betas and those known as Members who awaited the chance to tread upon the waters did wait in anticipation.

Many attempted to follow the stream, but were bored and wandered off to strange ways,

And many others did attempt to follow the chat,

And some made pilgrimage to Boston to attend the gathering,

And a few watched the stream in its entirety.

And the pilgrims were rewarded for their dedication, even with beta codes and swag.

And some did win prizes in the chat stream, though many have claimed to suffer from headaches afterwards,

And a few saw the Chieftan,

Nevertheless the announcement would not come.

And there were threads and rumors of threads,

And murmurings, even talks of riot and tumult amongst the community,

Among the Members, and the Betas, and even the Alphas,

For there was no announcement, and content of the stream was mostly old and stale.

Then the messenger of the Creators gunlion did make a thread,

And he did explain himself to the community, and apologized in a forthright and earnest manner,

And this he did without much known prompting.

Although the community was disappointment, they were glad for the explination.

And thus gunlion was rewarded with many upvotes for his honesty, even a hundred of them.

Statement Regarding Closed Beta Testing

And now I, fijkus, shall make a few words concerning this thread,

Some have called for the Creators to allow me to bypass the Closed Beta Testing application process for my words. I find myself proud of my works and enjoy the praise, while also feeling humbled. And should I receive a Beta Code for my efforts I would be deeply humbled for the privilege, and would take such responsibilities seriously.

Although I am of a nervous and anxious temperament, and although I would play the game almost immediately after download (my primary internet provider being an agricultural service cooperative, and such download taking the space of one to three hours) I would not be disappointed if I did not receive such code. Neither would I feel that there was any fault should I be unable to apply, as I am helping my family to move their household and must work in the mornings.

For behold, I am not entitled to the Closed Beta Testing process. Though there are many Betas who have post counts a full order of magnitude lower than my own, they have received that privilege from the Creators. Neither would it be fair to deny those who have participated in the community for much longer than I have the chance to play the game we are so passionate of and tread the waters simply for mine own sake.

I therefor say that Close Beta Testing is not a right. Should I be unable to wear a more elegant uniform (at least in my imagination) and tread upon the waters then I would not find fault in the Ceators, for the member pool is many and the slots available are few.

And this I write in the evening of the eleventh day of the third month of the two thousandth and fifteenth year since the meridian of time.

Edited by fijkus
  • Cool 4

[USMC3]
[USMC3]
Beta Testers
240 posts
12,429 battles

Nay...nay say I,  you who have been so eloquent should stand first in the eyes of the creators .  You should receive the gift to walk upon the waters, while many spew facts and data yet it is you who show us the sprite and soul of which we yearn.