You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BC_Wolfen

Duplicate Halloween camo for un-owned ship

13 comments in this topic

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
18 posts
3,865 battles

So early in the Halloween event I received the camo for the Chapayev. I don't have the ship yet but I figured like all permanent camo's it will be waiting for me when I get it. (I have it researched just need the money)  Tonight I opened a container and received the permanent camo for...you guessed it...the Chapayev.  I thought that was not possible and that it should have re-rolled for something else.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles

Yeah from what I have read in the forums, that isn't supposed to be possible. Matter of fact, one of the moderators said that exact thing when the question of doubloons for duplicate camos (like last year) came up when the event started... I would suggest sending in a support ticket, they could always say no but it never hurts to ask.  

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,151 posts
3,665 battles

Not supposed to be possible. WG eliminated duplicates. OP can you confirm it is the same camo with a screen shot?

[ARP3]
Members
420 posts
10,517 battles

This is why I record when I open crates... support never gonna take the time to care without proof.

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles
16 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

This is why I record when I open crates... support never gonna take the time to care without proof.

Probably not a bad idea since the standard response from Wargaming about any complaint is "if there are no screenshots or replays, it didn't happen." Their lack of trust in their customers is a big reason I do not trust Wargaming or its people. It works both ways.

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF3]
Members
6,489 posts
2,439 battles

If he got a duplicate, he should show two of the camos in inventory.  @BC_Wolfen, you know how to find them in Inventory?

[ARP3]
Members
420 posts
10,517 battles

He would just get silver for the duplicate.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
267 posts
3,514 battles

It could be a different camo for the same ship, I have several of them, my Bismarck has two, varyyag has two.

[SYN]
Members
562 posts
6,272 battles

I have 2 event camos for the Z23. I also received an event camo for Cleveland even though I own a permanent camo. So it's not a duplicate if it's a different camo on the same ship.

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
18 posts
3,865 battles

Unfortunately, I only took a screenshot this time showing the Chapayev camo. I did not take one last week when I got it the first time. I turned in some dubloons for credits and bought the Chapayev and confirmed there was only 1 Halloween camo in the camo section. Not much I can do I guess. Will remember to start taking screenshots when I get cool rewards fro containers so I have a record.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,489 posts
2,439 battles

I hope you got Credits for the duplicate and didn't notice it. 

So, are you going to mount and play with it?

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
18 posts
3,865 battles
On 11/6/2018 at 9:52 AM, iDuckman said:

I hope you got Credits for the duplicate and didn't notice it. 

So, are you going to mount and play with it?

Oh definitely,  Just need to play a few days to get enough credits to mount all the upgrades. Haven't had much time to play the last few days.