You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Salvo921

Jutland.

29 comments in this topic

[UTWE]
Members
244 posts
3,399 battles

I recently got Jutland and I love it so much! I'm not doing too good in it because my computer runs at 5FPS lol but with the limited number of battles in which my computer didn't DC me I have enjoyed it so much, its guns are so fast reloading, very powerful, high fire chance, the torpedoes are better then Lightning's and I LOVE the heal on a DD. I think she is decently maneuvareble but very slow obviously. However I might just like it so much because it's my first T9 ship. 

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
2,624 posts
16,045 battles

Cool I just got the Lightning really looking forward to Jutland

Members
2,531 posts
5,363 battles

My second game. Both have been wins. Not a data set to draw any conclusions, but it's a very comfortable ship to play. 

Jutland 1 PS.png

Jutland 1 TS.png

Members
2,531 posts
5,363 battles

#3...I'm sure it won't last. But hey, fun while it lasts! :Smile_teethhappy:

Jutland gm 3 page 1.png

Jutland gm 3 pg 2.png

DD stats.png

Edited by Thornir

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I'm cursed in this ship:

198129897_Screenshot(528).thumb.png.ff045ec1935a974df015e084fdb5cb03.png

Not like I'm killing it in the other stats, but 23%??? :fish_palm:

Members
2,531 posts
5,363 battles
52 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

I'm cursed in this ship:

I think that if you keep it up, you’ll be fine. Too few games played to be representative. I’m still unbeaten in it. We know that won’t last :Smile_teethhappy:

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
479 posts
3,839 battles
On 11/13/2018 at 7:06 AM, Harv72b said:

I'm cursed in this ship:

Win rates are misleading. Because win rates generally tell you how often you're paired up with people who don't know what they're doing. 

I would say the average amount of damage is more accurate. Because one could have a great game and do pretty good damage and did very well. But still lose.

Edited by Starfleet1701

Members
352 posts
4,288 battles
On 12/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, Starfleet1701 said:

Win rates are misleading. Because win rates generally tell you how often you're paired up with people who don't know what they're doing. 

I would say the average amount of damage is more accurate. Because one could have a great game and do pretty good damage and did very well. But still lose.

Indeed! Evidence below.  But I do enjoy Jutland very much.  Very capable DD, and I have only a 15pt captain yet and no IFHE.

Jutland 211k loss.jpg

Jutland 171k loss.jpg

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
411 posts
6,440 battles
21 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Question is which Captain points did you guys invest on?

I just unlocked her too. 

Care to share your build?

IFHE, really needed?

T1: PT

T2: LS, AR

T3: SE, BFT

T4: CE, IFHE

You will not be able to do much damage against an angled T8+ DD without IFHE. Who knows, maybe they'll buff the HE pen so it can pen 19mm of armour without IFHE...

I run MBM3 as well to maximise the gun DPM.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,752 posts
28,617 battles
8 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

You will not be able to do much damage against an angled T8+ DD without IFHE. Who knows, maybe they'll buff the HE pen so it can pen 19mm of armour without IFHE...

I’m pretty sure this is my build for Daring as well. 

I take the range upgrade on Harugumo, but the Shell arcs are so extreme on the Brit DDs that I take the reload upgrade instead. 

Yes, IFHE is virtually a must on Jutland and Daring. The AP is brutal... until your target angles. Good DD players know this, and those are the ones you need to kill FAST. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,086 posts
On 12/24/2018 at 10:36 PM, Noble_Taipan said:

Besides the basic 10 points on all DD Captains. I've invested on the SE (the heal was too enticing), AR, and IFHE.

I've mounted Hydro Acoustic Mod 1, and used Torpedo Reload Mod 3.

[CVA16]
Members
3,220 posts
11,236 battles
On 12/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, Starfleet1701 said:

True. In this case though those numbers also indicate a problem as they are well below the T7 and T8 ships. Even the T6 Icarus is slightly higher.

Time should balance things out but I too have had supposedly good ships that started off in very deep holes.

[PSV]
Members
489 posts
14,435 battles

I’d love to use the Jutland for ranked, but can it get by without RDF in ranked? And if not, what do you give up? I guess it would have to be SI, but losing that heal hurts.

[CUTER]
Members
2,560 posts
11,437 battles
17 hours ago, madmikey77 said:

I’d love to use the Jutland for ranked, but can it get by without RDF in ranked? And if not, what do you give up? I guess it would have to be SI, but losing that heal hurts.

I'd run it without RPF no problem.  You out spot things, have a lot of smokes and a repair to disengage and offset damage incurred. 

She is too slow however to play the weak side flank alone.  Lead your team on the strong side.  With allies behind you enemy DDs are unable to chase you.

I will drop PRF on DDs where anything I run into will likely get punished heavily by my ship.  At that point I'd rather buff my ships combat capacity.

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
679 posts
3,126 battles
On 1/3/2019 at 3:30 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

This might help you OP, sorry its a little NSFW when my team throws a near text book game.

Always fun when that happens. Had one today blow a 2-cap, 3-ship lead. The battleships decided, for some incomprehensible reason, to rush in one at a time and feed themselves to what remained of the enemy team and I could do nothing to hold back the tide once they were dead and the reds pushed back to flip the caps. Felt pretty bad.

--Helms

[CUTER]
Members
2,560 posts
11,437 battles
1 hour ago, thehelmsman said:

Always fun when that happens. Had one today blow a 2-cap, 3-ship lead. The battleships decided, for some incomprehensible reason, to rush in one at a time and feed themselves to what remained of the enemy team and I could do nothing to hold back the tide once they were dead and the reds pushed back to flip the caps. Felt pretty bad.

--Helms

I've started making a point of calling out these plays in my comments just to point out to guys watching my videos so hopefully they can learn not to do things like that.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,944 battles

I really like Jervis, only recently got Lightning but she's a blast and a half, then the CV rework hits and I've got enough credits and free XP to get Jutland, plus I'm in need of more ships for tier 9 ranked and captain retrains are free? Hell yeah I jumped on that!

Oh I am SOOOO glad I did! This ship is an absolute JOY to play and has officially dethroned Harugumo from its seat as "first tier 10 DD I want to get" in favor of Daring. Jutland is a little do-anything boat that can contest caps, harass battleships, stealth-torp, and sneak up on just about anything. I don't care that CVs see me and automatically think "FREE DAMAGE!" (though the Audacious that kept rocketing me? Rather rude, sir), I'm having too much fun! As of right now Jutland and Musashi are my go-to ranked duo. Definitely a keeper, definitely a gudbote.

Beta Testers
40 posts
5,269 battles

Lightning was a great ship, I had a lot of fun in it and even have decided to keep her with a second captain for future use. Jutland, though, isn't treating me so well. This ship has potential, I've seen other people do great in it, but in every battle I play I end up getting wrecked by radar cruisers, rocket planes, and every single other DD while my team throws what should be very easy wins the moment I die. I've played all but one of my games in it with the stock hull, so maybe that's why I just couldn't get this ship working, but I'm pretty discouraged right now. I think I've lost every battle but two in this ship since I've gotten it. It's slow, it's clumsy, and that 3.5 second reload time and great AP doesn't seem to matter because the moment I'm spotted the enemy's Wooster, Des Moines, Seattle, Minotaur, Kitakaze, and Midway rocket fighters kill me before I can get two volleys off. Yeah, that's hyperbole, and yeah, stock hull woes, but I'm just extremely frustrated with this weekend's matches.

But what I'm really here to post about it is the question of captain skills and equipment. I don't think it's worth making a new thread when we've got such a good discussion here. 

Captain skills: There's three 3-pointers to choose from, SE, BFT, and SI. But which two should I get? SE gives me about two heal's worth of health, SI gives me three heals instead of two, and BFT turns the 3.5s reload into a 3.1s reload, which sounds nice on paper, but in practice I have my doubts. It feels like a waste to skip out on an extra heal when so few other destroyers get heals at all, but it also feels like a waste to skip out on 10% extra DPM. If I can actually use that DPM, that is, which is exactly the problem I'm having. I'm thinking myself in circles here! 

Equipment: The seemingly obvious choice is the main battery reload mod, which takes almost 0.42 seconds off the reload, even better than BFT. However, the torpedo reload mod takes 18 seconds off the torpedo reload, and I had a lot of success with the single-fire torpedoes on the Lightning, and have had several good ambushes with them in the Jutland too. I did see one game where a friendly Jutland got a Kraken only with torpedo kills. I really like the British torpedoes. But I feel like I'm theoretically gimping myself if I don't take the reload mod, because you're supposed to enhance the guns on a gunboat... but this isn't a pure gunboat. 

I don't know, lads, hit me with your thoughts. I really want to make this ship work. If I could figure out and enjoy Icarus, I could figure out the much more powerful Jutland, right? 

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
411 posts
6,440 battles
On 2/11/2019 at 6:32 AM, Old_Hickory said:

But what I'm really here to post about it is the question of captain skills and equipment. I don't think it's worth making a new thread when we've got such a good discussion here. 

Captain skills: There's three 3-pointers to choose from, SE, BFT, and SI. But which two should I get? SE gives me about two heal's worth of health, SI gives me three heals instead of two, and BFT turns the 3.5s reload into a 3.1s reload, which sounds nice on paper, but in practice I have my doubts. It feels like a waste to skip out on an extra heal when so few other destroyers get heals at all, but it also feels like a waste to skip out on 10% extra DPM. If I can actually use that DPM, that is, which is exactly the problem I'm having. I'm thinking myself in circles here! 

Equipment: The seemingly obvious choice is the main battery reload mod, which takes almost 0.42 seconds off the reload, even better than BFT. However, the torpedo reload mod takes 18 seconds off the torpedo reload, and I had a lot of success with the single-fire torpedoes on the Lightning, and have had several good ambushes with them in the Jutland too. I did see one game where a friendly Jutland got a Kraken only with torpedo kills. I really like the British torpedoes. But I feel like I'm theoretically gimping myself if I don't take the reload mod, because you're supposed to enhance the guns on a gunboat... but this isn't a pure gunboat. 

Firstly, I would definitely take SE over BFT and SI first. You could run both SE and SI to improve your survivability (adding a total 5,300 HP to your ship providing you use all your heals). On my Jutland captain I run BFT along with MBM3 to get the reload down to 2.772 seconds. While SI will provide you with an extra smoke and hydro as well as the heal, I don't run it in my Jutland (or on any of my DD captains) as it is incredibly rare that I burn through all my smokes and I have not yet gone through all the hydros wishing that I had one last one to use. I would recommend you get Hydroacoustic Search Modification 1 if you have the coal to spare as it gives you an extra 36 seconds of activation time for your hydro per consumable. With that upgrade and three consumables you can have hydro running for a total of 10 mins 48 secs per match. 

Secondly, with regards to your choices for upgrade slot six, MBM3 or TTM3 are both good choices. Get TTM3 if you feel more comfortable doing damage with your torpedoes. You're right in saying that the Jutland is not a pure gunboat and I believe that it is similar to the Fletcher (and the Z-46 to a lesser extant) in that it is more of a jack-of-all trades destroyer. However, the Jutland's gun system is slightly better than the Fletcher's whilst having slightly worse torpedoes, and so I prefer to buff the gun ROF using BFT and MBM3. Numbers below:

• 3.5 second reload (Stock) - 17.14 salvos per minute
  • 3.15 second reload (BFT) - 19.05 salvos per minute
  • 3.08 second reload (MBM3) - 19.48 salvos per minute
  • 2.77 second reload (BFT & MBM3) - 21.64 salvos per minute 

Taking BFT and TTM3 allows your Jutland captain to be more well-rounded against a variety of threats, but I still think you're better off taking BFT over SI. An increased gun ROF usually allows you come out better when trading damage against enemy destroyers. 

Beta Testers
40 posts
5,269 battles
30 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

Taking BFT and TTM3 allows your Jutland captain to be more well-rounded against a variety of threats, but I still think you're better off taking BFT over SI. An increased gun ROF usually allows you come out better when trading damage against enemy destroyers. 

Thanks for the rundown. I'm going to try out BFT and TTM3 and see how I do, if it doesn't work out I'll try MBM3. I'll just go play Zao with my 19 point captain until I have enough captain XP to to give my Jutland captain both SE and BFT first. 

[ARGSY]
Members
140 posts
5,017 battles

Although I love both the Fletcher and Kitakami, I think that currently the Jutland is the best tier IX in the game. Just a good all around boat and fun as all heck to play. I consider the Jutland the best of the lot in that tier and Lightning the best in it's tier. One big difference is that you only need a 10 point captain to shine in the Lightning and a 14 pointer is a must in the Jutland. Once you understand the play style for the British dds, then they become very good ships. 

[ADR]
Members
4,392 posts
14,807 battles

This ship is utter Trash, it's a total downgrade from the Lightning.   Why Wargaming makes nearly every T9 tech ship complete trash is beyond me.