Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Strom

ARP battleships........

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

129
[VFW]
Beta Testers
344 posts
3,054 battles

Do the ARP battle ships seem to be inferior to their counterparts?  Mine usually says I am green against most other BBs yet they seem paper thin and shells seem to disperse badly.  The turrets seem terribly slow as well for their tier.  I would rather play the Texas then these.  Any observation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,289 posts
3,582 battles

If they were like the anime, they would be overpowered. They're a fully upgraded Kongo without the option to mount camo. Identical to the Kongo found on the tech tree. Same high speed, long range, big guns and decent AA when built for it. But yeah the French, British and Japanese battleships aren't known for their armor. IJN BBs are of the few BB lines that are expected to sit back a little. Usually. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,846 posts
4,855 battles

They're the same as a fully upgraded Kongo...although you get four of them and can crew it with any Japanese captains you might as well be trying some...experiments, on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,524
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,058 posts

No camo, but the option to drop in a 19 point Yamato captain if you want to club around for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
31 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

No camo, but the option to drop in a 19 point Yamato captain if you want to club around for a while.

With that in mind OP, are you actually comparing apples to apples or do you have a 19pointer in one and a 5 point potato in the ARP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,266 posts
15,395 battles
38 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

No camo, but the option to drop in a 19 point Yamato captain if you want to club around for a while.

ARP camo. Yes a little bright on the eyes but with the same benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,524
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,058 posts
4 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

With that in mind OP, are you actually comparing apples to apples or do you have a 19pointer in one and a 5 point potato in the ARP?

The ARP ships are now IJN semi-premiums.  Drop any IJN captain in there..  My Yamato cap is 18 points.  When we get a reset, I'll elite XP up to 19.

The Myoko's have the 'Corrosive Torpedo' blast effect.  You can see that even if you launch them into an island.

Edited by AVR_Project

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[ARMDA]
Members
554 posts
2,966 battles

I thought you could only use ARP captains on ARP ships? Or was there an update?

Edited by destawaits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,524
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,058 posts
12 minutes ago, destawaits said:

I thought you could only use ARP captains on ARP ships? Or was there an update?

It used to be that way.  Now you can use ARP captains on your IJN ships.

And you can sell your ARP ships (don't know why...)

 

Hosho_Teddy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[VW]
Members
2,509 posts
14,518 battles
7 hours ago, General_Strom said:

Do the ARP battle ships seem to be inferior to their counterparts?  Mine usually says I am green against most other BBs yet they seem paper thin and shells seem to disperse badly.  The turrets seem terribly slow as well for their tier.  I would rather play the Texas then these.  Any observation?

I ranked out in me ponk kongo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
949 posts

In the last Rank Sprint....  ARP Battleships added 8 points to teammates frustration level and attracted considerable more shells from the Red team due to the belief that ARP ships are more squishy than regular Japanese squishy Battleships....

Seriously that is all you got at Tier 5?   Some sort of clown boat with a girl screaming in Japanese every two minutes.

Anybody got the numbers on ARP Battleships in Rank Sprint?   Cannot be good....

At least the ARP Battleships could make it to the Battle.... New York  had to head to A if the fleet was going to C just to hopefully meet up with the rest of the fleet IF they won the battle.... So many New Yorks either with little damage when the team wins or the last ship standing with little or no damage.   

 

When in Tier 5 go Italian....  GC - The Guilio numbers were just off the freakin hook.    Germy …. that was just the crazy number of very, very experienced Germy Drivers...   ARP ships.... I gotta see the numbers. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[STURM]
[STURM]
Members
48 posts
7,533 battles
14 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

ARP camo. Yes a little bright on the eyes but with the same benefits.

Negatory, compadre.  The ARP "camo" is their default look, and they lack the camouflage section.  Their concealment reflects the lack of bonus, with a value of 16.2km.  Regular Kongo with camo is 15.7km.

ARP Kongo Vs. Regular Kongo.

Does this really make a difference?  Not really, but you are statistically slightly more likely to get spanked in the ARP variant as a result of not having the dispersion debuff on your enemies.  They are otherwise identical, statistically.

Edited by Sturmgrunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,266 posts
15,395 battles
2 hours ago, Sturmgrunder said:

Negatory, compadre.  The ARP "camo" is their default look, and they lack the camouflage section.  Their concealment reflects the lack of bonus, with a value of 16.2km.  Regular Kongo with camo is 15.7km.

ARP Kongo Vs. Regular Kongo.

Does this really make a difference?  Not really, but you are statistically slightly more likely to get spanked in the ARP variant as a result of not having the dispersion debuff on your enemies.  They are otherwise identical, statistically.

Thank you for the correction, a quick look at the  WIKI confirms this. Knowledge is king!

 

 

myoko.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Shame they can't turn the camo for each into a perma-camo in the style of premium ships...  oh, well, not that big a deal.

 

I’m with you brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,259
[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles
9 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Seriously that is all you got at Tier 5?   Some sort of clown boat with a girl screaming in Japanese every two minutes.

Anybody got the numbers on ARP Battleships in Rank Sprint?   Cannot be good....

You would think they'd be OK. ARP ships haven't been available for quite a while now, so anyone who has them has to have been in the game for at least that long and - all else being equal - should be on the more experienced side and therefore a better player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[NAUTY]
Members
572 posts
5 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Shame they can't turn the camo for each into a perma-camo in the style of premium ships...  oh, well, not that big a deal.

 

Oh buddy have I got something for you..google hackabase mods or aslains mods...and you can literally turn EVERY ship in the game into a Bright glowing ARP variant if yer into such a thing.

 

ITs client side, so only you see it..but damn are there some nuts designs out there.

 

hackabase and aslain are fully legal Mods.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[ARMDA]
Members
554 posts
2,966 battles
15 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

It used to be that way.  Now you can use ARP captains on your IJN ships.

And you can sell your ARP ships (don't know why...)

 

Hosho_Teddy.jpg

Wait, I know that. I have my Kirishima on my Ishizuchi. IJN captains can't command ARP ships can they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,411
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,479 posts
5 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

Oh buddy have I got something for you..google hackabase mods or aslains mods...and you can literally turn EVERY ship in the game into a Bright glowing ARP variant if yer into such a thing.

 

ITs client side, so only you see it..but damn are there some nuts designs out there.

 

hackabase and aslain are fully legal Mods.

Interesting, and cool -- but, what I meant was, giving each ARP ship its unique paintjob as a perma-camo, so that it gets the bonuses of a camo without losing the paintjob.   It's not like those ships weren't earned, in some cases more earned than various premiums or perma-camos that have come out as random drops or short mission rewards. 

But, again, at the end of the day it's not a huge deal, it would just be something nice for those ships -- so I hope no one thinks I'm making a demand or raising a stink or whatever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[ARMDA]
Members
554 posts
2,966 battles
11 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

Oh buddy have I got something for you..google hackabase mods or aslains mods...and you can literally turn EVERY ship in the game into a Bright glowing ARP variant if yer into such a thing.

 

ITs client side, so only you see it..but damn are there some nuts designs out there.

 

hackabase and aslain are fully legal Mods.

 

 

 

 

I used to use the ARP designs of Yamato and Musashi from Modstation until they were... deemed incompatible? Anyway, now I can't download them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,918 posts
8,261 battles
6 hours ago, Sturmgrunder said:

Does this really make a difference?  Not really, but you are statistically slightly more likely to get spanked in the ARP variant as a result of not having the dispersion debuff on your enemies.  They are otherwise identical, statistically.

As much as they give away camo by the hundreds now the ARP ships should get the concealment and dispersion bonuses built in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×