Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BladedPheonix

Seattle/ Worcester MCAA question

3 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,527 posts
11,840 battles

Howdy captains!

So I'm almost finished on my Seattle grind and I'm trying to figure out the best perk set up.

I've basically narrowed it down to MCAA or stealth. Though seeing I already have both my Desmoin with  full DPM build and my  Salem with stealth/radar build, I kind of want to shake the box up a bit with "Wooshster" and make it a complete AA cruiser. My only worry is the perk doesn't work on the 152mm guns.:cap_fainting:

can anyone vouch for picking MCAA for Seattle/Worcester? or should i pick something else?

I want to be able to help my team climb higher, not drag them down! hence why I'm asking for advice.

anyways, until next time,

I'll C'ya on the Sea!:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF3]
Members
19,768 posts
18,170 battles

Manual AA should work on the 152mm guns, as they are larger than the 85mm+ requirement for the trait.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Manual_Fire_Control_for_AA_Armament

It works on Minotaur's 152mm guns which are also Dual Purpose like Worcester's.

Before the USN Cruiser Split went Live, I seriously considered going Full AA + Manual AA trait with Worcester.  But I got talked out of it by a friend :Smile_Default: While Manual AA trait is nice to have on those High Tier USN CLs, IMO it's too steep a cost.  Namely due to IFHE being practically mandatory on CLs.  Consider also that on top of IFHE, you will want AFT as well as CE.  Manual AA is just too expensive, IMO.

I may entertain the thought of such a Super Specialized Worcester AA Build having Manual AA at the cost of IFHE, but only after the CV Revamp, and only if it somehow makes CVs a much more regular presence in High Tier.  To give up IFHE on Worcester is a massive trade off.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
161 posts
9,903 battles

In my experience with Worcester, it's AA will still shred planes without MCAA. I run CE, AFT, and IFHE for my 4 point skills. IFHE is necessary to do damage to anything larger than cruisers, and CE is necessary because of how squishy Worcester can be. The AFT combined with AAM2 allows your AA to have a max range of 8.6km compared to your air detectibility of 7.2km. There aren't many ships that can boast this. Often, if you keep your AA off, an enemy CV will unknowingly fly deep within your AA bubble before they realize it, at which point you can turn it on and kill 1 or 2 squadrons before they can escape. Popping DFAA will often result in downing all the enemy planes. 

Sign in to follow this