You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,791 posts
9,443 battles

Younger sister got married, so most of Saturday spent at wedding and reception. Went ahead and snagged some wins in co-op for GK.

Got GK to base XP portion of mission and co-op'd w/ Z52 after getting the FXP completed. 6 more wins to base XP mission. Got a big more progress on Zao (about 19k left to go).

Kitakaze's cursed still. Bad teams or get in bad position. It's tricky playing this fragile thing as a support DD.

Last FXP farming in Z52, carried team to a win. Chung Mu that just went boom? We charged each other, he gambled on his faster MB rotation as he drove by. Unfortunately for him, I died to a Daring in similar situation because didn't have TB rotated ahead of time. So timed the brakes, swapped to torps just as he cross my bow, and RIP:

NG8sFA8.jpg

Win on Kitakaze, I charged a beached NO in the B cap, basically gambled I'd get a torp on him and (remember NO's MB rotates slowly) finish off a nearby 7k HP Myoko, then finish NO with another torp if needed. Well, the secondaries on NO had other plans:

gdKMHlS.jpg

Last 53 times Detonation didn't bother me. This time I expressed annoyance. Myoko was sympathetic.

Don't play low tiers, but now maybe I got a reason:

sf59gp6.jpg

Not too bad a weekend considering had a blasted headache from wedding reception.

[TDD]
Members
1,101 posts
8,812 battles

made my return Sunday after staying away for most of October.

did one ranked game meh

started on the British dd line... more enjoyable

did one sub operation... enough to have all my fears realized. for me if subs make it to the main game I will be done for good. it's one thing to have gimmicks on a ship... it is quite another to have a complete ship be a gimmick and a poorly conceived one at that.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,626 posts
16,059 battles

Well the weekend was hard in randoms I think I was 40% WR

Ranked battles went better 

And started grinding the lightning it was fun start to get in the swing of the weird British destroyers

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
27 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

it's one thing to have gimmicks on a ship... it is quite another to have a complete ship be a gimmick and a poorly conceived one at that.

You do realise, do you not, that this was basically an open alpha test for the type, in an environment where every ship is gimmicked to the eyeballs in every way (including speed and acceleration)? You can conclude ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how they are going to be in PvP, IF they ever get there, and any talk of bailing on the game just because of this one event is WAY premature. Like 18 weeks nonviable premature.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You do realise, do you not, that this was basically an open alpha test for the type, in an environment where every ship is gimmicked to the eyeballs in every way (including speed and acceleration)? You can conclude ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how they are going to be in PvP, IF they ever get there, and any talk of bailing on the game just because of this one event is WAY premature. Like 18 weeks nonviable premature.

The elephant in the room on this is subs in randoms would need similar insane buffs to be playable.

On the subject of the thread I had a rather pleasant weekend.

[TF-60]
Members
335 posts
9,535 battles

Got To Kagero, Shiratsuyu, and lightning.  Only played lightning as I completed captain retraining.

couldnt get games without CV’s in any tier

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,059 posts
11,346 battles

Was pretty good, Unlocked the Killer Whale, finished off the current crop of Britt missions and Ranked out in the sprint season 2.  Played a bit of BDO and BattleTech as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Was pretty good, Unlocked the Killer Whale, finished off the current crop of Britt missions and Ranked out in the sprint season 2.  Played a bit of BDO and BattleTech as well.

I figure I will unlock the KW about when the event ends. :Smile_teethhappy:

Besides having a good weekend as I said above I decided to pull out my long neglected DD's and I actually did well.

I even took the War Canoe out and topped the team.

2PNSz0b.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,756 posts

I don't think I played much Fri or Sat.  Apparently, that's how memorable it was, lol!

Yesterday, I ground missions like a madman.   Despite endless numbers of weekenders racing to see who could end a match quickest (and causing everyone else to lose $$, when the mercy rule kicks in, and the match ends in 4 minutes with half the reds still alive),  I ended up accomplishing a lot yesterday.

Not in tier 5, 6 or even 7 though- those were all blink and you'll miss it! games.   (I did manage 1 semi decent Myoko game, when most of the team camped in the northwest corner,  our pink BB rode the map edge all game and did nothing,  and WG relented and actually sent some bots my way.)

Nope, the fun was in tiers 9 and 10.  Specifically in Alsace, Monty, and Des Moines.  There were a couple of the 3 humans + 5 bots games that are common, but there was a surprising number of human players in that queue yesterday, and most matches were full of players.  Bonus!

I gotta say, it never fails to put a smile on my face when red DD's charge right at or past my DM, lol.   Crunch crunch crunch, smack!  (burppp)  Ahh tasty!    Or when cruisers insist on coming after me around islands, or just show me lots of broadside at 10 km.  Tasty citadels!

Alsace is turning out to be a really fun ship to play- despite my trepidition about it's nerf.   I racks up absurd #s of secondary hits (and fires) if you close to brawling distance with other (non torpedo shooting) BB's.  The shotgun spray from the main battery IS kind of annoying- but I just pretend that I'm in Lyon's bigger, badder brother and it's just par for the course.:Smile_teethhappy: