Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

The Gremlin

8 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,302 battles

With all of the power creep in this game there is no real good reason for the Gremyaschy to not be in the premium shop. 

OWSF isn't a thing anymore and Gremy turret rotation is pretty garbage compared to all of the other RU DD's. So what is it the six 8km torps making it OP? Uh I think not. 

Bring back the Gremlin!

PS I'm already a Gremy owner.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
6,253 posts
10,463 battles

Without a skilled commander, it isn't OP.  In fact, I'll agree with you to the point that even if some still consider it to be OP, it definitely isn't by as much of a large margin that it used to be.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,995 posts
4,596 battles

Granted, it's not perfect game design to have a ship that can be compared to a ship a tier above (Anshan). 

That said, Giulio up until recently was available and imo is stronger for the current meta. So sure, why not.

[SALVO]
Members
20,508 posts
20,327 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

With all of the power creep in this game there is no real good reason for the Gremyaschy to not be in the premium shop. 

OWSF isn't a thing anymore and Gremy turret rotation is pretty garbage compared to all of the other RU DD's. So what is it the six 8km torps making it OP? Uh I think not. 

Bring back the Gremlin!

PS I'm already a Gremy owner.

You're probably right, Mike.    @Ace_04 is also correct about the Gremmy requiring a highly skilled captain before she gets really good.  IMO, the Gremmy and the Leningrad are a bit of a pain in this regard because in my experience, you don't really need Expert Marksman on the tier 10 Russian DDs.  And so when/if you put a Khab or Groz captain in a Gremmy or Leningrad, you don't have EM to help speed your turret traverse.  OTOH, those two ships are absolutely perfect for one of the Russian captains that comes with Expert Marksman as a special skill, which is what I've done.  The Gremmy's turrets turn oh so much better with a special EM captain.

On a side note, part of me wishes that WG would be more willing to make changes to OP premiums, even if it did cost them some doubloons or whatever.  For example, the Gremmy really seems like it ought to be a tier 6 DD.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

For the most part it is never the ship it is the player who makes that ship OP or not.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,719 posts
7,007 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Granted, it's not perfect game design to have a ship that can be compared to a ship a tier above (Anshan). 

Is there any significant difference at all between a Gremy and an Anshan?

If not, then consider the power-trip that would come from your Anshan not having to face Tier 8 any more, yet being able to see Tier 4. Yeah, I think I can see why they wouldn't want that in the game.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,995 posts
4,596 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is there any significant difference at all between a Gremy and an Anshan?

If not, then consider the power-trip that would come from your Anshan not having to face Tier 8 any more, yet being able to see Tier 4. Yeah, I think I can see why they wouldn't want that in the game.

Based on LWM's review of Anshan, these are the listed differences between the two ships:

The differences between the two ships are as follows (values in brackets are Anshan vs Gremyashchy)

• Anshan is faster (38kts vs 37kts)
  • Anshan has faster turret traverse (30s for 180' turn vs 36s for 180' turn)
  • Anshan has faster 8.0km range torpedoes (60 knots vs 55 knots)
  • Anshan has longer ranged AA (3.5km vs 0.9km to 2.0km)
  • Anshan earns experience faster (50% camo bonus vs 30% camo bonus)
  • Anshan has a free experience bonus (100% vs 0%)
  • The Anshan has an extra upgrade slot (4 vs 3)
  • Gremyashchy is more maneuverable  (610m vs 510m, 4.4s rudder shift vs 2.7s)
  • Gremyashchy has better HE shells (1600 alpha, 7% fire vs 1900 alpha, 9% fire)
  • Gremyashchy has faster reload time on her 8km torpedoes (79s vs 69s)
  • Gremyashchy is more stealthy (7.2km surface detection range vs 7.0km surface detection range)
  • Gremyashchy has a smaller surface detection bloom when firing (+5.9km vs +3.8km)
  • Gremyashchy has better AA power (36 vs 48)
  • Gremyashchy is lower tier (6 vs 5)

As I said before, it's not good balance for a ship to be easily comparable to one a tier higher. With the route T5 MM is taking however, I would be a bit more flexible with regards to what becomes available :Smile_hiding:.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,719 posts
7,007 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

With the route T5 MM is taking however, I would be a bit more flexible with regards to what becomes available

With respect to facing tier 7, yes. With respect to being able to beat up on T4... that's debatable.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this