You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

It is long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long past time to turn off team damage from bots in coop

97 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
10,013 posts
28,150 battles

Torped to death twice today by [edited] bots while enjoying coop matches. There is absolutely no excuse for having bots do team damage. There is no learning experience involved, nothing is gained, nobody is educated. It is simple stupidity, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. 

Team damage has already been removed from operations and the forum is not filled with impassioned posts that operations have become nuts because of that, or nobody has learned anything. 

It's really time to remove team damage from coop. All it does is wastes players' time and effort. The devs have already turned off torp flooding damage and torp damage, it would be easy to zero torp damage on friendlies.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Sorry about your broken keyboard. I hope you get it fixed soon.

• Funny 10
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
10,013 posts
28,150 battles
16 hours ago, Quaffer said:

Sorry about your broken keyboard. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Got detonated in the very next coop match, another brilliant and totally ethical mechanic, much loved by the player base. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,483 posts
15,370 battles

That is just to darn funny! I almost want to cry ad much as the OP is over a senseless non issue!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
784 posts

Beware of bots with fish.. Same as it always been.

The shame is in some  games the bots are no worst then real people in coop.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,512 posts
20,327 battles
16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Got detonated in the very next coop match, another brilliant and totally ethical mechanic, much loved by the player base. 

Dude, you need a serious education in the meaning of ethics and "ethical".

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
3 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

Beware of bots with fish.. Same as it always been.

The shame is in some  games the bots are no worst then real people in coop.

I can't remember the last time a bot torped me.

I can remember the last time a human did.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,512 posts
20,327 battles
44 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Torped to death twice today by [edited] bots while enjoying coop matches. There is absolutely no excuse for having bots do team damage. There is no learning experience involved, nothing is gained, nobody is educated. It is simple stupidity, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. 

Team damage has already been removed from operations and the forum is not filled with impassioned posts that operations have become nuts because of that, or nobody has learned anything. 

It's really time to remove team damage from coop. All it does is wastes players' time and effort. The devs have already turned off torp flooding damage and torp damage, it would be easy to zero torp damage on friendlies.

Sorry, but it's your own damned fault for getting between torp armed friendly bot ships and the enemy bots.  Any intelligent coop player should damned well know that that's a particularly dumb thing to do.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,512 posts
20,327 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

The difference is that you know that friendly bots will torp you without a second thought, so you know better than to get between a friendly bot and enemy bot ships.  OTOH, people trust live team mates to not torp you, so it always comes as a bit of a surprise when they do torp you.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,614 posts
14,854 battles

Co-op is fine.  What I want to see is WG programming some "feelings" into their bots.  When a bot accidentally (see note below) torps a friendly, WG should have some code that has the bot come up in chat and say something like "Sorry about that mate".  

Note:  Is it really an "accident" if the bot is just following its programming?  Wouldn't that make the TK the fault of the programmer?    

[PVE]
Members
784 posts
1 minute ago, turbo07 said:

Thanks for you feedback. Sorry for so many circumstances for a couple of battles which hurt you so much. The issue with bots is actual. We do work on it. 
At the moment there are no plans to withdraw friendlyfire in co-op battles. It'll change the game a lot and lead to negative consequences for other types of battle.
Sorry for your detonation. It's a part of game and there no plans to exclude it too. But you have possibility to use signal flags and modules to reduce chances to detonate. 

Thank you for getting them not to ram as much at the start of a game.

• Cool 1

Members
1,911 posts
8,261 battles
21 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

At the moment there are no plans to withdraw friendlyfire in co-op battles. It'll change the game a lot and lead to negative consequences for other types of battle.

I'm interested. Please, do explain your logic. I don't see how removing friendly fire from coop could effect any other modes. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

How is getting torped in coop different than in Random's? If anything it's great practice to avoid torpedoes when go from bad bots to bad humans on your team.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
635 posts
4,630 battles
8 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I'm interested. Please, do explain your logic. I don't see how removing friendly fire from coop could effect any other modes. 

Seriously?  The game mode that was designed as a training ground to help ease new players into the game?  You see no issue with new players not learning consequences of poor situational awareness before launching torps?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
9 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

It has nothing to do with any other modes, just a silly thing to say honestly. 

Personally I don't mind having team damage in co-op, it is annoying but once you learn to play with bots on your team, it is easy to avoid. Just let them be meat shields and stay behind them. What does irk me is that detonations exist in co-op and you do not get signals for getting blasted. If the mechanic exists in PvE play, then you should get detonation flags as well. It is no less aggravating to get detonated in PvE than it is in PvP. If Wargaming wants that stupid mechanic in both modes, then it needs to be treated the same IMHO. 

• Cool 4

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,660 posts
15,116 battles
43 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, but it's your own damned fault for getting between torp armed friendly bot ships and the enemy bots.  Any intelligent coop player should damned well know that that's a particularly dumb thing to do.

May be dumb to do in any mode but if done in Random it is the shooter's fault, not the dummy who veered in front of the torpedo. The human is held accountable. Bots are..... bots.

I have to agree with @Taichunger about bot fish - but I don't see a solution.

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
1 minute ago, missile742 said:

Seriously?  The game mode that was designed as a training ground to help ease new players into the game?  You see no issue with new players not learning consequences of poor situational awareness before launching torps?

Reading is OP, please nerf.

He is talking about "friendly" bots torping human players. 

Training room is for training. Co-op play hasn't been a "training" mode in a very long time. For players like me who found PvP play boring, it has kept me playing the game. I only venture into PvP play to grind stock ships quickly or to farm rewards/missions. Otherwise it is just stale and boring. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Members
1,911 posts
8,261 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

It has nothing to do with any other modes, just a silly thing to say honestly. 

Personally I don't mind having team damage in co-op, it is annoying but once you learn to play with bots on your team, it is easy to avoid.

Usually it is the bots doing the team damage, and they can't learn anything... which, I believe, is the point of the OPs argument. 

• Cool 2

[FOG]
Members
454 posts
5,511 battles

This may be coincidental but I also seemingly got "focused fired" by my bot "teammates". I was brawling in the Erie in the one of those wonderful twisting furballs of fires and flame and suddenly I started taking damage from "everywhere". It was rather hilarious to see the chat dialog box light up with red comments as to :Feldt, :Kutuvoz, :etc getting "warnings" for firing on me and then green alerts that they had been penalized (Assigned only to coop battles I guess). Took me down to a few hundred HP.....4 pinkies at the end of the battle...a new record....

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
38 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Co-op is fine.  What I want to see is WG programming some "feelings" into their bots.  When a bot accidentally (see note below) torps a friendly, WG should have some code that has the bot come up in chat and say something like "Sorry about that mate".  

Note:  Is it really an "accident" if the bot is just following its programming?  Wouldn't that make the TK the fault of the programmer?    

They can't give chat access back to the bots as the bots have filthy, filthy mouths. They would say things like this. Don't look if you're under 13. I mean it. :fish_glass:

Spoiler

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101100 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110100 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110100 01100001 01110000 01100101 00100000 01100100 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,746 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Dude, you need a serious education in the meaning of ethics and "ethical".

Been saying that to Tai for years. 

Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,746 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Your initials better not be HH, good sir.

[INTEL]
Members
1,507 posts
10,439 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Now there's an interesting idea.  The programmer's account goes pink each time 'his' bot TK's someone.

(I better add the :Smile_facepalm: or I'll be taken seriously)

• Funny 2