You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Sub Quests and Port Slots

9 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
997 posts
11,204 battles

When we’ve gotten temporary ships in the past, Halloween or Ranked, the ships just show up in the port.  When completing these sub quests, however, the sub, a captain *and a port slot* are rewarded.  Does anyone know for certain if these are permanent ports slots being rewarded?  Nice bonus if so.

Members
4,463 posts
7,203 battles

Don't believe so.  If that were the case they would not be able to sell the port slots as so many folks would have them from past years. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,818 posts
4,677 battles

the sub is a ship that would require a port slot. So supplying it with a port slot that comes when you obtain the ship, means you're not using up port slots you bought, for a ship you cannot get rid of manually. Those port slots will disappear when the subs disappear, as a result.

[EQRN]
Members
997 posts
11,204 battles

No, I just completed the Gerfalcon one (even though the sub was already in my port) and the port slot is separately and explicitly awarded.   I think the quest ones (port slots, not the subs) stay.

Edit - Yep, I had 9 empty slots before, and since I had the Gerfalcon already, I now have 10 open port slots.

Edited by FrodoFraggin

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
17 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No, I just completed the Gerfalcon one (even though the sub was already in my port) and the port slot is separately and explicitly awarded.   I think the quest ones (port slots, not the subs) stay.

Edit - Yep, I had 9 empty slots before, and since I had the Gerfalcon already, I now have 10 open port slots.

I am thinking this too. In the past they didn't have missions to get the event ships so they came with their own temporary slot which went when they were removed.

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

So let me get this straight. By completing the Sub Quests, you don't really get a sub and commander, which by the way, WoWS already supplied you with. You just get an extra Port Slot? Even though the reward is a sub and commander. which you already have? And to top it off, you don't really get to keep them once the Halloween Event is over? Is everyone else just as confused as I am with this or did I just forget to take my vitamin B12 today?

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

You get a mission to acquire each of the subs, even though you were given 3 of them to begin with. It's the missions for the ones you already have that give the port slots. They can't exactly remove the empty port slots you were given, considering you can fill them up with regular tech tree ships in the meantime.