You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Kitakaze Module - Long range or rapid fire?

11 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
7,126 posts
29,383 battles

I use Main Battery Mod 3

Longer range with slow shells? No. Also that makes you to be seen from further away when you shoot.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,684 posts
12,344 battles

I have the guns shoot to 15 km it makes hunting bb so much more fun when they cannot escape your constant firing on them.

[HEROS]
Members
1,595 posts
13,767 battles
On 11/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Gave up and went back to Akizuki. Too fat, too slow, pregnant cows turn faster.

You must be thinking of the tier X Harugumo.

The tier IX Kitakaze is a better Akizuki... almost identical but, it's slightly faster, turns slightly better, turns slightly faster.  Has slightly more HP, and replaces all the triple mount 25mm with dual mount 40mm so better AA, and adds and extra tube on the torp launcher  oh and one additional upgrade slot.

The tier IX "Super Akizuki" is one vicious nasty package. I went with stock concealement and put all my effort into extending the gun range out to 17.2 Km.   I run RPF and  TAM and just keep my distance.  I like to team up with the brit DD's I see as a hunting team.  The metas for the ships types compliment each other well.

[RLGN]
Members
10,391 posts
19,676 battles
1 minute ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

You must be thinking of the tier X Harugumo.

(snip)

The tier IX "Super Akizuki" is one vicious nasty package. I went with stock concealement and put all my effort into extending the gun range out to 17.2 Km.   I run RPF and  TAM and just keep my distance.  I like to team up with the brit DD's I see as a hunting team.  The metas for the ships types compliment each other well.

Co-op is an entirely different matter; but I went 20% wr in Randoms when I tried Kitakaze... New ship or not, that kind of thing sours me against a ship pretty fast.

[HEROS]
Members
1,595 posts
13,767 battles

She's not an easy ship to learn and ya got a lot of nasty ships typically opposite you also...High tier play is rough..

Members
145 posts
10,342 battles

Long range = Suicide

1. Your gun bloom goes further and more enemies can see and shoot at you
  2. You can't hit anything at >12.5 km anyway
  3. I don't even take the Fire Control upgrade (so I can have a 11.3km gun bloom)!

[HEROS]
Members
1,595 posts
13,767 battles
3 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

Long range = Suicide

1. Your gun bloom goes further and more enemies can see and shoot at you
  2. You can't hit anything at >12.5 km anyway
  3. I don't even take the Fire Control upgrade (so I can have a 11.3km gun bloom)!

(coughs politely)  Umm you can't hit targets at that range.. My highest rated ship I think is still the Fuso where I would op my float plane and TKO cruisers at 21+km.   I regularly shell BB's and Cruisers.. and DD's at greater then 14Km ....accurately...Eevn at the maximum possible I'm getting a 40% hit rate against moving ships.. CA's and BB's waifu'ing an island are good for an 80% hit rate.    Takes awhile to get the hang of it, but it not that difficult to learn.  If you can do it in a BB should be much easier in a 4 turret DD where the turrets are closer together.

It does disappoint me how so many players see impossible, instead of looking for and creating the possible  Taking the disadvantage and turning it into an advantage.  Decades ago my grandfather rest his kind soul in an off color boys day remark said to me.

"It ain't how much you got, it's how you use it." 

The Nasty Kitty brings a lot to the table,  but mastering all she can do takes ti me and is a process.  If you can do well in an Akizuki,, doing well in Kitty will be easy.. but if you don't do well in an Aki the Kitty will break yer [edited]!  They'll even be claw marks on yer hands wrist and arms...

Best of luck and STUDY yer own replays!

Members
145 posts
10,342 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 3:29 PM, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

(coughs politely)  Umm you can't hit targets at that range.. My highest rated ship I think is still the Fuso where I would op my float plane and TKO cruisers at 21+km.   I regularly shell BB's and Cruisers.. and DD's at greater then 14Km ....accurately...Eevn at the maximum possible I'm getting a 40% hit rate against moving ships.. CA's and BB's waifu'ing an island are good for an 80% hit rate.    Takes awhile to get the hang of it, but it not that difficult to learn.  If you can do it in a BB should be much easier in a 4 turret DD where the turrets are closer together.

BB Shells don't slow down as much. At 13km the 100mm/65 is at a flight time of 14.3 secs. They are also falling almost vertically, so get you range 1 pixel off and you fall ahead or behind the target.  Good luck hitting Cruisers much less DDs.

Edited by dwightlooi

[-GPS-]
Members
2,753 posts
28,648 battles

I switched my Harugumo to reload mod to experiment for Clan Wars. Quickly switched it back to range for Randoms. Yes the shells float a bit, but they’re not USN DD/Atlanta shells. Kitikaze and Hag are not agile, and they are BIG. Distance makes them harder to hit and more difficult to radar in smoke. 

Making BBs turn away in an attempt to escape the fire hose is fun.