You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Guardian54

Now that Alsace side is cheese to all AP, it needs buffs

7 comments in this topic

[70]
Members
1,086 posts
5,413 battles

The torpedo bulge is 32mm and covers most of the amidships side.

It used to be the case that slamming light cruiser IFHE or heavy cruiser HE into the torpedo bulge did no damage. And that a British light cruiser would lose plenty of shots absorbed by the torpedo bulge. Also that a DD can't AP-chip its side away easily (have to aim for bow, stern or superstructure)

This is no longer the case.

Alsace used to be able to reliably shotgun DDs yoloderping toward it, by volume of fire and lengthwise pens. Nowadays, MAGIC dictates that a DD which takes a 15-inch shell through its face will fart it out the other end without serious harm even though it should definitely have detonated on the boilers.

Thus, this is also no longer the case.

So, given the ABSOLUTELY STUPENDOUS NERF that making the torpedo bulges take damage represents, can we give Alsace the same accuracy (e.g. sigma) as Richelieu, which was basically a railgun?

Ideally we would also get 30 second reload back, but I think with Richelieu accuracy that would be a bit overpowered. If the accuracy buff is less though (because the turrets will be further apart so fire control is more difficult to try to make all the shells converge than on Richelieu, that's a rationalization...), I think a reload improvement would be warranted.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,553 battles

Shouldn't we wait to see the what Final product is before we Buff everything in the game. 

Edited by Lonewolfpj
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
20,719 posts
14,141 battles
14 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Shouldn't we wait to see the what Final product is before we Buff everything in the game. 

Of course not. The sky is falling, donchano? Anyone not using an industrial strength umbrella is going to suffer, suffer greatly! We must react now and buff all the everything because this change that is still in testing is surely making it to the live server unchanged and is bound to ruin the game forever!

• Cool 1

Members
1,515 posts
7,734 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Of course not. The sky is falling, donchano? Anyone not using an industrial strength umbrella is going to suffer, suffer greatly! We must react now and buff all the everything because this change that is still in testing is surely making it to the live server unchanged and is bound to ruin the game forever!

I sure as heck hope it never makes it past test.  It's beyond a ridiculous idea/fix to a problem that never mattered which in turn messes up a bunch of ships protection profiles, often ones that's are already very squishy and to solve what exactly?  the odd no damage pen ribbon... Ribbons?  I just can't even wrap my head around it.  Ships have armor, They take fire, that's what they do.

Only you have the power to fix the none damage pen issue, aim better.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
14 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

This and they are looking at those changes.

3 minutes ago, Lert said:

I don't like the auto 10%, while this is no where near as bad as back in alpha when armor didn't work and in a straight up trading shots gun duel a Cleveland could take down any BB before the BB could do the same to them. This is a lite version of that.