You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rednecks_Slayer

LE TERRIBLE: This under-powered DD definitely needs an upgrade, what should it be?

LE TERRIBLE: This under-powered DD definitely needs an upgrade, what should it be?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. You, the actual captains of this under-powered and unfinished DD and the wannabe captains (those who didn't buy the DD because it is so under-powered and unfinished), what upgrade do you want for this ship?

• Smoke generator (like every normal DD in this game, or like some over-powered cruisers)
    • Repair party (like the american tier 8 DD Kidd and high tier russian DDs)
    • Better gun ballistics (like the russian DD guns)
    • MBRB with 75% reduction, instead of 50%, for 15 seconds (like it was before the release, when the ship was WiP)
    • Better (smaller) detection radius (like English DD Cossack or Japanese DDs)
    • Improved hydro-acoustic search (like DD Loyang or high tier german DDs)
    • Surveillance radar (like high tier Pan-Asian DDs)
    • Torpedo reload booster (like some high tier Japanese DDs)
    • Same 50% MBRB, but with longer time (20-25 seconds) and better damage resistance of its modules (like a member of this forum suggested)
    • Torpedos with longer range (like 12 km), faster reload, but lower damage (like a member of this forum suggested)

108 comments in this topic

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles

Everybody and everything demonstrated, with no doubt, that this french tier 8 premium DD is an under--powered ship and still a WiP.

The sudden and unannounced release of this under-powered and unfinished ship took every tester, contributor etc. by surprise, so they didn't have the time and opportunity to test the DD in its final form and configuration.

During the WiP, the DD had smoke, 75% MBRB and other interesting things. These things, suddenly disappeared when the DD was released: no smoke, only 50% MBRB etc.

Absolutely every tester says now (almost a week after its release) that this DD is @#$%& and it definitely needs an upgrade.

Even if you don't own this DD, or you don't have the intention to buy it, your vote could help, because this under-powered and unfinished DD could be on your team.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles

Smoke, smoke, and smoke. The reload booster should've shared the smoke slot, instead of no smoke at all. Even with the HP pool and SE, LT dies quickly. I tested mine and was appalled. More, the guns are only truly effective with the reload booster. So, she ends up being a meh gunbote, while great at times, a meh torp bote, with higher than normal detection at T8, with no smoke.

Jackie Fisher was very wrong, speed isn't armor. More, the base has adjusted to aiming at Khaba, Udaloi, and Tashkent, hitting LT isn't as hard as WG wants you to think.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CSALT]
Members
148 posts

I like the Le Terrible.  It has it's limitations, but every ship does.  Sure, adding smoke or changing the reload rate or any number of things would make it better, but I enjoy playing this ship.  It is different, you can't play it like any other DD, and most importantly, it seems to suit my mentality and game style.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,448 posts
4,080 battles

None of the above. I’d like to see her MBRB duration increased to 20 (maybe 25) seconds, with a significant boost to the suvivability of her engine and steering gears. If you’re going to sell a ship that survives by evasion, you can’t have that aspect of the ship get negated by any stray shell that hits her. 

• Cool 2

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
9 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

you can't play it like any other DD

So, what you are saying is that this ship is not even a DD, it is more a cruiser (dimensions, guns, no smoke). I think you like to play cruisers my friend. I also understand that you disagree with all our respected testers and contributors and you think that this ship is perfect.

Edited by Rednecks_Slayer
  • Bad 2

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
37 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

None of the above. I’d like to see her MBRB duration increased to 20 (maybe 25) seconds, with a significant boost to the suvivability of her engine and steering gears. If you’re going to sell a ship that survives by evasion, you can’t have that aspect of the ship get negated by any stray shell that hits her. 

Very well my friend, I'm glad you don't disagree with all the people who say that this ship is under-powered and unfinished. I will add the option you suggested to this poll (if I still can).

PS: Your option was added. Happy vote my friend!

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Accordingly to the dev blog wg removed it's smoke. Give it back to the le terrible and it should be fine

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

I would start with a new name. Like Le Gettingbetter or Le Wineandcheese, or Le Wewontheworldcup  …..or Le Ourwomenshaveourarmpitsfinally or...… you get the point

Le terrible is a marketing nightmare.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
5 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I would start with a new name. Like Le Gettingbetter or Le Wineandcheese, or Le Wewontheworldcup  …..or Le Ourwomenshaveourarmpitsfinally or...… you get the point

Le whatthefuck

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,226 posts
7,658 battles
6 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Well terrible does have different meanings in Russian, like Ivan the Terrible more correctly being translated as Ivan the Awe-Inspiring.

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I understand your joke. But, the English translation of "terrible" is not terrible, but terrifying. The name wasn't a WG invention, it was real and historical.

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
12 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Le whatthefuck

5 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Well terrible does have different meanings in Russian, like Ivan the Terrible more correctly being translated as Ivan the Awe-Inspiring.

Please, my friends, if you bothered to write a reply here, please bother also to click on an option of this poll here. Thank you!

Let's not troll the discussion to what name should this ship have had in the game, let's talk about what upgrade it needs.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 minute ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

I understand your joke. But, the English translation of "terrible" is not terrible, but terrifying. The name wasn't a WG invention, it was real and historical.

ya, I know and just fooling around, I'm never one to pass up a shot at the French.

• Bad 1

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,416 posts
4,311 battles
3 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

The name does not make the ship however. If the ship had actually been good and fun, nobody would think anything of it. The Terrible puns are turning up imho largely because by consensus, it's well... terrible. Had it been Fantasque, people would just be calling it not very fantastic.

And besides it was historically Le Terrible that attained that speed record, not a sister ship. The Sonic the Hedgehog meme ship had to be Le Terrible.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 minute ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

Please, my friends, if you bothered to write a reply here, please bother also to click on an option of this poll here. Thank you!

Respectfully, I don't have it so I can't comment on it. But being French, I bet it breaks as soon as its detected.

• Bad 1

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

The name does not make the ship however. If the ship had actually been good and fun, nobody would think anything of it. The Terrible puns are turning up imho largely because by consensus, it's well... terrible. Had it been Fantasque, people would just be calling it not very fantastic.

And besides it was historically Le Terrible that attained that speed record, not a sister ship. The Sonic the Hedgehog meme ship had to be Le Terrible.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, stop trolling about the name!!! Let's talk necessary upgrades here. PLEASE!

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles

Like I said, even you don't have it, you might have it in your team. And it will not be very interesting for your team, or for you. If you say you don't know what we are talking about here, then take your time, watch or read some reviews, then come back with a vote or an opinion about what it needs.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,416 posts
4,311 battles
Just now, Rednecks_Slayer said:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, stop trolling about the name!!! Let's talk necessary upgrades here. PLEASE!

Well I didn't vote because the option I would have chosen isn't there. I would pick MORE SPEED! Because gotta go fast.:cat_cool:

• Bad 1

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

as previously mentioned, I'm just fooling around. But to be serious, If WG is going to come out with a higher tier Premium, some lead up and education (marketing) should be in order before it's released. 90% of our player base are not bilge sniffers and will not even look at this ship based on the nation and name. 

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
3 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

something tells me this is your first premium and buyers remorse is bubbling up? when in doubt, get the Atago. Sexiest ship in the game.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

Well I didn't vote because the option I would have chosen isn't there. I would pick MORE SPEED! Because gotta go fast.:cat_cool:

Well, this is a ridiculous option my friend. I can not ask for more speed, it has enough of it. I don't think you treat this topic seriously.

• Bad 1

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
474 battles
1 minute ago, APA_204 said:

something tells me this is your first premium and buyers remorse is bubbling up? when in doubt, get the Atago. Sexiest ship in the game.

No it's not. My father bought it and he let me play it. I have some American ships (which my father bought for me) but he has almost 50 premium ships. My father can not post here because he was perma-banned by a moderator for his opinion concerning "summary-dressed, pubescent-age, anime girls" so I opened this poll because I played this under-powered and unfinished DD and I read and watched every opinion given by our esteemed testers and contributors.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
138 posts
12,249 battles

It needs some sort of survival perk. Like some others said, a smoke is needed. Personally, I would favor a short British smoke to allow a quick dropoff after you are done gunning down a wayward enemy DD. Staying lit for 20 secs puts you under battleship gunfire for far too long.

Le Terrible should be like a mafia gangster, gunning down small boats while running away from the authorities (CA).

• Cool 2

[B_Y_F]
Members
83 posts
5,556 battles

Let's do TRB and go full situational hybrid mode:cap_like:

IMHO, I think TRB is good for French DD. French ships are most strong at catching opportunity. They rely on their speed to get in position and fire their load while they are most deadly. Having an on demand set of torpedo to capitalize opportunity will fit this theme.

But realisticly, a heal will do the job.

Edited by sapient007
Add contain for TRB