Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
APA_204

Home for Ovechkin?

15 comments in this topic

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

(US version) Gearing is the only one I can come up with for a decent fit. Any other ideas? Maybe the Pepsi and Indy?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
412 posts
3,348 battles

Yes.  I put him in my New Orleans, trained him up in the Indy and he is working out just fine.  I will probably move him to Baltimore when I get it.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put my Russian Ovechkin.  If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

CS

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
35 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Yes.  I put him in my New Orleans, trained him up in the Indy and he is working out just fine.  I will probably move him to Baltimore when I get it.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put my Russian Ovechkin.  If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

CS

probably the same fit, a gun boat DD extra health and turret traverse

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,141 battles

Have my #8 on the Chapayev. really a good fit with the EM. 

[S-N-D]
Members
1,609 posts
5,544 battles
41 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

(US version) Gearing is the only one I can come up with for a decent fit. Any other ideas? Maybe the Pepsi and Indy?

Gremyashchy for me for the RU version. Any DD really.

Edited by _Caliph_

[4HIM]
Members
1,716 posts
3,905 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

probably the same fit, a gun boat DD extra health and turret traverse

Yeah.  Just unlocked the Minsk so was thinking of dropping him in there.  

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

maybe go Worcester forgetting his specialties, I am sucker for pretty lights....tracers...pretty...

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,503 battles

Perfect Captain for the Gremmy.  If you own it that is.

[EQRN]
Members
309 posts
8,672 battles

Its not much, but you do get bigger heals when he’s on a high tier DD with heal.  For the Russians, that’s khaba or grozovoi, for the US it’s the Kidd.  For instance, base heal on the Kidd is 81 (or 83?) hp/sec, with standard SE it’s 97hp/sec, with Ovechkin it’s 99 hp/sec.  With heal flag it’s ~116hp/sec standard SE and ~119hp/sec with Ovechkin.  ~60 more hp/heal, and with SI, that’s 240 hp.  Like I said, it’s not much, but I’ve had games where I’ve survived with less. :cap_rambo:

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
9 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Its not much, but you do get bigger heals when he’s on a high tier DD with heal.  For the Russians, that’s khaba or grozovoi, for the US it’s the Kidd.  For instance, base heal on the Kidd is 81 (or 83?) hp/sec, with standard SE it’s 97hp/sec, with Ovechkin it’s 99 hp/sec.  With heal flag it’s ~116hp/sec standard SE and ~119hp/sec with Ovechkin.  ~60 more hp/heal, and with SI, that’s 240 hp.  Like I said, it’s not much, but I’ve had games where I’ve survived with less. :cap_rambo:

good info, but imo, you should never house a captain in a premium (even though I do) should house him in a tech tree so that you get more use out of him, more than just one ship.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Ovechkin basically depends if you want an extra 500 HP on a DD or better MB turn on a cruiser/BB. Probably put my American one in Gearing, if I ever get there.

Members
164 posts

I have him on my Montana....because 12 blue tracers is cool! 

Just kidding. I didn't want to be hamstrung into having to throw the Ovechkins into DDs. So, I just look for ships where EM is a necessity and forget about the SE. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

For the Russian Ovechkin, training him to some mid-tier DD (Izyaslav through Kiev) and then using him on Gremy, Okhotnik, or Leningrad would be the best way to leverage both his improved skills, I think

[JINGO]
Beta Testers
189 posts

Wargaming should change the boosted skills for the U.S. Ovechkin.  SE and E.M. are great for a Russkie DD, but the E.M. advantage for a U.S. DD is minuscule and a waste of a skill.  This needs to be addressed and altered so that he fits well with a U.S. line.  If WG wants him to be a U.S. DD captain, he should have a C.E., A.R., or Superintendent boost instead of E.M.; if for another line, then substitute something for S.E., which is only valuable for DD's.

Ovechkin doesn't need to have the same skill boosts in both navies.

Sign in to follow this