You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Abides

Home for Ovechkin?

19 comments in this topic

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,152 battles

(US version) Gearing is the only one I can come up with for a decent fit. Any other ideas? Maybe the Pepsi and Indy?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
749 posts
4,030 battles

Yes.  I put him in my New Orleans, trained him up in the Indy and he is working out just fine.  I will probably move him to Baltimore when I get it.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put my Russian Ovechkin.  If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

CS

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,152 battles
35 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Yes.  I put him in my New Orleans, trained him up in the Indy and he is working out just fine.  I will probably move him to Baltimore when I get it.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put my Russian Ovechkin.  If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

CS

probably the same fit, a gun boat DD extra health and turret traverse

[_USS_]
Members
339 posts
10,331 battles

Have my #8 on the Chapayev. really a good fit with the EM. 

[S-N-D]
Members
1,689 posts
5,767 battles
41 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

(US version) Gearing is the only one I can come up with for a decent fit. Any other ideas? Maybe the Pepsi and Indy?

Gremyashchy for me for the RU version. Any DD really.

Edited by _Caliph_

[4HIM]
Members
1,954 posts
4,780 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

probably the same fit, a gun boat DD extra health and turret traverse

Yeah.  Just unlocked the Minsk so was thinking of dropping him in there.  

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,152 battles

maybe go Worcester forgetting his specialties, I am sucker for pretty lights....tracers...pretty...

[EQRN]
Members
455 posts
9,506 battles

Its not much, but you do get bigger heals when he’s on a high tier DD with heal.  For the Russians, that’s khaba or grozovoi, for the US it’s the Kidd.  For instance, base heal on the Kidd is 81 (or 83?) hp/sec, with standard SE it’s 97hp/sec, with Ovechkin it’s 99 hp/sec.  With heal flag it’s ~116hp/sec standard SE and ~119hp/sec with Ovechkin.  ~60 more hp/heal, and with SI, that’s 240 hp.  Like I said, it’s not much, but I’ve had games where I’ve survived with less. :cap_rambo:

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,152 battles
9 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Its not much, but you do get bigger heals when he’s on a high tier DD with heal.  For the Russians, that’s khaba or grozovoi, for the US it’s the Kidd.  For instance, base heal on the Kidd is 81 (or 83?) hp/sec, with standard SE it’s 97hp/sec, with Ovechkin it’s 99 hp/sec.  With heal flag it’s ~116hp/sec standard SE and ~119hp/sec with Ovechkin.  ~60 more hp/heal, and with SI, that’s 240 hp.  Like I said, it’s not much, but I’ve had games where I’ve survived with less. :cap_rambo:

good info, but imo, you should never house a captain in a premium (even though I do) should house him in a tech tree so that you get more use out of him, more than just one ship.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,109 posts
8,510 battles

Ovechkin basically depends if you want an extra 500 HP on a DD or better MB turn on a cruiser/BB. Probably put my American one in Gearing, if I ever get there.

Members
327 posts

I have him on my Montana....because 12 blue tracers is cool! 

Just kidding. I didn't want to be hamstrung into having to throw the Ovechkins into DDs. So, I just look for ships where EM is a necessity and forget about the SE. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

For the Russian Ovechkin, training him to some mid-tier DD (Izyaslav through Kiev) and then using him on Gremy, Okhotnik, or Leningrad would be the best way to leverage both his improved skills, I think

[JINGO]
Modder
193 posts

Wargaming should change the boosted skills for the U.S. Ovechkin.  SE and E.M. are great for a Russkie DD, but the E.M. advantage for a U.S. DD is minuscule and a waste of a skill.  This needs to be addressed and altered so that he fits well with a U.S. line.  If WG wants him to be a U.S. DD captain, he should have a C.E., A.R., or Superintendent boost instead of E.M.; if for another line, then substitute something for S.E., which is only valuable for DD's.

Ovechkin doesn't need to have the same skill boosts in both navies.

Members
328 posts
4,707 battles

So I bought both Dallas and Farragut during the US sale over the weekend, and now I need to assign commanders.  I have a 9-point spare currently spec'ed for DD (PT,LS,SE) and the American Ovechkin 10-pointer with nothing selected.  I could easily put the 9-pointer onto Farragut and Ovechkin onto Dallas if his special EM boost for the CL is better than his special SE boost for the DD.  Or the reverse and just re-spec the 9-pointer for CL (Clan Battles respec time coming up!).

I also bought the Independence but without any appropriate spare commanders I think I will have to take the 11-pointer off my Phoenix and respec him for CV.  I have not played Phoenix in a long time anyway...

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
On 11/3/2018 at 12:29 PM, APA_204 said:

I'm sticking US Ovechkin in Gearing. Benson and Fletcher guns rotate at 34 deg/sec or 5.3 sec for 180 deg. Gearing rotates at 25 deg/sec or 7.2 sec for 180 deg. So if I put Ovechkin and get EM, then the guns will turn at 28 deg/sec or 6.4 sec for 180 deg, making it more like Benson and Fletcher. Plus getting the extra 500 hp for SE.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:32 PM, Captain_Slattery said:

CS

Well, I'm thinking on the Tashkent. The Khabarovsk and Udaloi both have 9 sec 180 deg turns and Grozovoi has a 10 sec 180 deg turn. Tashkent has an 18.7 sec 180 deg turn. With RU Ovechkin and EM, then the Tashkent will have a 14.2 sec 180 deg turn, so I think that 4.5 seconds is worth 50 extra HP.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, APA_204 said:

good info, but imo, you should never house a captain in a premium (even though I do) should house him in a tech tree so that you get more use out of him, more than just one ship.

Yeah, I'm trying to fit a specialized Cmdr for a premium to a particular tech tree ship that will be close to the premium. My New York Cmdr is also my Texas Cmdr. My Boise Cmdr is my Helena Cmdr. I got a Halloween NC Cmdr and since I already have a NC Cmdr that I am sharing with my Massachusetts (will have IFHE), I will make the Halloween guy a normal NC Cmdr. Then I can secondary spec my NC or use a normal survival build Cmdr as I feel like. I did the same with my Atago and Takao Cmdrs. The Atago Cmdr is spec'ing for the 155mm guns on the Mogami and the Takao Cmdr for the 203mm and SI. So the Takao Cmdr will run on Takao, Atago and on Mogmai when I have 203mm guns and the former Atago Cmdr will be spec'd with IFHE for the 155mm Mogami.