Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kirby

Evasive Manuvers Skill

6 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,525 battles

Is the skill Evasive Manuvers skill worth it, I have it on my Hakryu and have had it on all my Japanese carriers, but ive always wondered about how effective it was. any thoughts?

Members
8,085 posts
17,047 battles

Don’t take it.

One of the two WORST carrier skills ever. (The other being the emergency takeoff skill.)

EM is bad because it slows your planes down and the extra health doesn’t make up for that. Just easier targets for getting strafed.

The takeoff skill is bad because the normal aircraft cooldown will end, a fire will generally burn out, and/or your damage control will come off cooldown before the emergency takeoff timer ever runs out, As long as you IMMEDIATELY commit your planes to takeoff, they will do so, even if you are set on fire again.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

I experimented with the skill briefly.  A big mistake, especially since I tried it on a USN CV.  The slow return flight speed was annoying in the PVE tests.  It takes forever for the planes to return home, and couple that with the long USN CV hangar reload speeds, it's terrible.  If this had been a PVP test setting, those slow bombers would get massacred by fighter strafes.

Members
2,218 posts
4,051 battles
On 11/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I experimented with the skill briefly.  A big mistake, especially since I tried it on a USN CV.  The slow return flight speed was annoying in the PVE tests.  It takes forever for the planes to return home, and couple that with the long USN CV hangar reload speeds, it's terrible.  If this had been a PVP test setting, those slow bombers would get massacred by fighter strafes.

The only thing I could find that was debatably useful was to fly to the far side of the target and hit f. Wait for the last second to manually drop. 

Not worth it overall.

Alpha Tester
3,338 posts
3,779 battles
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Theoretically, you can manually move the planes back to the CV after leaving the AA aura. The skill only applies when they are returning(F key). Practically they will gum up your CV's deck when landing due to the low speed and ruin your sortie rate.

Sign in to follow this