You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alphabloom

Cross Realm Server Test Cancel

9 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
33 posts

To Wargaming,

Your team posted up on the WoWS Subreddit 2 hours before the scheduled season was meant to begin that the test was canceled. This was only mentioned  on Reddit, not on the main website, not on the in game client or launcher or official forums but Reddit?  I am not disappointed at the fact the test was canceled but because it was noted only on Reddit and only 2 hours before prime time. I get servers can have technical difficulties but a bit more warning would be advisable especially for those people that had to set aside that allocated time away from family/ sleep just to attend. 

In the future, I wish you would advise in official channels when the tests go down and with more notice if possible. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
68 posts
11,290 battles

I also agree..... I don't think they had this on any weekends for the NA server group yet....and with the time differences for the other servers prime times, the weekends would be the only time they might get a large percentage of players.... oh well.

Edited by Morte_DeMeat

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Members
138 posts
11,595 battles

Agree also.  I had 40 guys for 3 teams for the test today. Rushed home from doctor visit to get it started and find out , NOTHING.  Very poor performance WG:etc_swear:

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,270 posts
10,530 battles

@wargaming

Wargaming, inc has pulled quite a stunt with this latest B...S...!  This is piss-poor communication and some real Cow-pie Quackery by WG going-on right here!  NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!!   :etc_swear:

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

[FTH]
Members
138 posts
10,651 battles

I think at this point SOP for a lot is assume it's going to be cancelled...then be shocked if it's actually on. The T10 CB's never had a hitch that I can recall, other than a couple times where 1 started an hour early due to DLS not being factored in...the T6 ones...at this point, I think they've cancelled more than they've run. I get that it's testing out a new tool though, and teething issues are normal, darn near expected...I just wish we knew further in advance.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
308 posts
9,698 battles

I need to echo the OP. We on the NA server are at a distinct disadvantage due to the time differences. Getting a team together at 9 or 10am (or earlier for the Asian server) in the middle of the week is tough enough. When you manage to scrape up the guys to do it, you cancel at the last minute with no REAL notice on any of the WG sites. Leaves little incentive to do this again.

In the future, rather than outright cancel, you could have allowed for local server battles to proceed.

[TAFFY]
[TAFFY]
Members
9 posts
9,997 battles

Yea it was Horrible , you teased that it would happen on certain days and times and nothing, it was so bad that the last X-tra  sessions we talked about it but out of 45 players 42 of us knew it wouldn't happen.

Its great that you are trying new things , and we would of love to seen what could or would of happened, and honestly if you publish dates and times you should do every in your power to hold to those commitments

In the future, rather than outright cancel, you could have allowed for local server battles to proceedthing