You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptinKen

Clan Battles?

25 comments in this topic

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
149 posts
15,727 battles

Hi the clan battle button seems to be inactive Does anyone have an info on whats going on Thank you

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,978 battles

I believe an officer of the clan has to set prime time to Asia for it to work. 

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,713 battles

We are seeing it too...greyed out button, you can't even get to where to select clan battles let alone server prime time

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
913 posts
17,932 battles

@Gneisenau013 I signed up for eu crossover last night at 1 am and it now shows clan battles season has ended.

Edited by BaronVonTom

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
19 posts
7,011 battles

WG stuffed it up again and didn't bother to tell anyone 

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,713 battles

was going to chime in that it says season is ended...not the usual "clan battles is not available" but "season has ended" when you hover over it.

And, being a weekend, if they did not adjust the dates (the test dates shifted several times) it may not happen.  Which sucks.

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,978 battles
6 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

was going to chime in that it says season is ended...not the usual "clan battles is not available" but "season has ended" when you hover over it.

And, being a weekend, if they did not adjust the dates (the test dates shifted several times) it may not happen.  Which sucks.

They would be in a world of hurt if they don't fix it. They are trying to test it and if they aren't able to run cross server on the weekends, they aren't going to get good data. 

Also most players won't have completed their goals and would be up in as about it. 

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
913 posts
17,932 battles

Reddit post from Wows"

"Hi guys! The clan battles test of the season "The North" has been moved to the next week for technical reasons. You will be able to participate on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday (7, 10, 11 November). Thank you for your understanding and feedback!"    

No word yet on whether the battles you have played will count toward the steel/coal rewards if you havent played the crossover yet.  We did receive our signals and oil for playing the minimum of 3 battles on NA.

Edited by BaronVonTom
  • Cool 1

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,713 battles

@BaronVonTom thanks for the update.  Kinda sucks but good to know the cause and timing of resolution (we hope), which of course is "Soon®".

[-BRS-]
Members
328 posts
16,053 battles
38 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

Reddit post from Wows"

"Hi guys! The clan battles test of the season "The North" has been moved to the next week for technical reasons. You will be able to participate on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday (7, 10, 11 November). Thank you for your understanding and feedback!"    

No word yet on whether the battles you have played will count toward the steel/coal rewards if you havent played the crossover yet.  We did receive our signals and oil for playing the minimum of 3 battles on NA.

Nothing on the main page yet. 

[DPG]
Members
118 posts
7,860 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/cross-server-matchmaker/

Main page is updated finally. I repeat frequently: I understand this as other games are complicated - especially given the constant evolution and changes.

The technical challenges of cross server matches must be semi mind blowing - BUT  - WG - your communication skills need improving - The clan battles post is 20 stories back - there is no forum info - folks are finding out that maybe things have changed on Reddit for goodness sake! - Update the clan battles story and bump it to the #1 news position - That is all I and others ask! 

We understand that Ship happens, just keep us better informed please. 

Our clan has 20 games on the NA server so far, and we have been organizing hard to get that many today and tomorrow on the EU server

- A lot in my clan are professionals with families so organizing these things is not the easiest. 

WG - Please keep the games played so far as part of the whole clan season, or you risk some people just saying screw it- not worth the  effort. 

Dangling the 15k coal & 500 steel only to keep pulling it away from captains is frustrating. 

I do hope that this challenging technical exercise for WG is very successful in working out cross server bugs, because the greater implications of eventually opening up to cross server random would be awesome ! 

Good hunting ! 

Kar

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles

Totally agree Karandar.  It's pretty poor.  Especially when they are asking for people to change their normal schedules for this testing.  I got up at 5:00am on a Saturday to play on the Asia primetime today, to find that they screwed the pooch.  To top it off, I won't be available during their replacement session, so RIP my rewards...

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
118 posts
7,860 battles

It doesn't help that the orange "discuss in the forums" link from the clan battles article is broken or closed as well

I liked the ability to discuss below the news articles better. Did not have to hunt the forums as much for news 

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Members
138 posts
11,577 battles

We brought 40 members in on a Saturday afternoon for the Clan Battle test to run 3 teams and we get zip, no reason, no info. and somebody says there is a message on reddit?  Come on guys, very poor WG :etc_swear:performance here.  

• Cool 1

Members
964 posts
5,678 battles
5 hours ago, stegocent said:

WG stuffed it up again and didn't bother to tell anyone 

Posted it on Reddit.

"Cluster Battles" this time around.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Members
138 posts
11,577 battles

well when WG owns reddit I think that maybe a place to put it. But nothing on anything WG owns or controls is not cool.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
118 posts
7,860 battles

As I mentioned above, one big problem being their own forum thread on this clan battle season is messed up or locked. And yes I was logged in ;) 

Ah, well, until we are graced with proper detailed news, here we wait... 

Screenshot_20181103-121731.png

Edited by Karandar

Members
964 posts
5,678 battles
1 hour ago, Tunamelt said:

well when WG owns reddit I think that maybe a place to put it. But nothing on anything WG owns or controls is not cool.

Oh I agree. I'm just stating where they posted it, not approving it. They should grow a set and post it on their own outlets.

This whole setup shows a low regard for customers - customers asked for more hours and greater flexibility for clan battles. In stead they gave this restrictive "give up your prime time and pick some other time if you want the participation rewards" bunk.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

Glad to see i wasnt the only one having issues this morning.

Agreed that WG needs to use the game interface to explain some things. Earlier in the week, i was surprised to find no relevant information provided in the clan tab other than a posted schedule. Mousing over the schedule gave conflicting information as well. One could expect a hyperlink to the details if they cant bother to copy and paste.

[DPG]
Members
118 posts
7,860 battles

Just logged in to the game - selected the clan battle mode to double check this morning play time and this: 

This clan battle season is over 

I have organized the clan yet again to participate in this clan battle cross server attempt on the EU prime time in just under 2 hours from now

I personally logged some 20 games in the 1st 2 clan sessions, but they keep moving the dates and no information !!!! and we will not earn the 500 steel, 15000 coal without 5 games on another server 

I am a huge fan of this game,  have created my own website, started and keep an active clan going, support the game big time with my own money, - well you get the picture ...

i understand this is a test - a beta of sorts - changes are ok to me/us - What completely blows and is unacceptable behavior/treatment  is there has NEVER been timely information about these last minute changes !! The news article from a month ago is dead - the forum link from that article is dead ... there is silence.

BUT - WG you are ticking me off like few games ever have with this lack of information about key events you are hosting!! 

ESPECIALLY ORGANIZED TEAM EVENTS !! DAMMITT - START SUPPORTING YOUR ACTIVE PLAYER BASE BETTER !!! 

It takes significant effort to organize for these and they get canceled willy nilly with no feedback for clan leaders!  BAD BAD BAD !!!!!!!!!!

How difficult would it be to update the clan battles story and bump it to 1st position in our daily news ?! 

[DPG]
Members
118 posts
7,860 battles

i sent in a ticket - they responded they will try to better communicate in the future - update news article etc. 

I would ask all of you to please send a ticket as well. The more "Polite and constructive" tickets they receive the more likely they will improve their behavior and communications 

I added they should update and bump their original news post on the website - 

They should not close the news post discussion thread while an event is ongoing

They should better tag forum posts so we can more easily find them

They should improve their in game clan messaging system:

There already exists check boxes beside every members name. Why not add the option for officers of a clan to "message all selected" ? This would make life so much better for us all. Limit this masse option to officers- and only allow inside clan multi recipient messages. this will remove the problem of in game spam. Currently - each member must be messaged individually, and often through server lag or whatever reason it takes 3-5 copy, paste and send attempts to get the message sent.

I also added that I really wish them much success in their cross server efforts, having a larger pool to draw from for matches - competitive and hopefully eventually even in random games would be epic - and I look forward to kicking some EU butt ! 

Feel free to copy and paste the above to any ticket you send them. 

Good hunting,

Karandar

[DPG]
Members
118 posts
7,860 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/cross-server-matchmaker/

image.thumb.png.2ba7be04295520c8b4b0adf69a70b4fb.png

I want to start by wishing WG the best of success in getting cross server play working - I think it would be epic to have the much broader player base to compete against. 

That said - WG handling of their technical challenges and their communication/feedback to us was non existent and appallingly inconsiderate.

try and search the forum for "clan battle" and none of the official news or updates shows up even today.

One of the canceled days - the bulk of players found news on reddit for goodness sake ! 

their killing the forum chat link from the news article did not help either - unacceptable in an ongoing event! 

My clan showed up both of the week day sessions we were allowed to play and played 20 battles on the NA server - we then organized to play both weekend matches on the EU server  before it was canceled and moved. 

We then organized and planned and showed up for each of  the next 3 time slot sessions that WG made and subsequently last minute canceled/pushed off

I even took 2 days off this past weekend session (i work shift work, so this one fell on bad timing for me) 

I had previously submitted a ticket begging WG to update its news story for us each change and bump the article so we had some little news. So a big kudos on WG for doing this at least now... 

But i am sorry - "reducing the requirement" they have done is NOTHING!!!!  There was always the 5 games on another server requirement... it was the hard one because of how early they are - and the only 2 days we were allowed to participate were week days! 

The time and effort I and many of my clan mates put in for this event  - we played 20 games - and we get zerol  for all their [edited] !!! This is so wrong WG !!!!  

If there are no more sessions with this test(what it sounds like from this post) Then The reward should be absolutely reduced to anyone who played 5+ games period !!  

WG has to either add another couple of cross server days or make this right to those of us who put a ton of time into this - TRYING to play cross server and only failed because of WG - not ourselves !!!! 

Our clans and may warships players are professionals with careers and family - we make the time to play this game and it is not always easy. This test has been a demonstration of "What not do do, or how not to organize an event "

- Worst experience in my years playing this game by far !! 

WG, again, if you are not planning to add another 2 days for us to get in our EU games, then please make this right and fix the rewards to any who played 5+ games period - Our lost time is valuable too. 

-------------------------

Good Hunting ! 

Karandar

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Members
138 posts
11,577 battles

I agree with your view Karandar.  I put a post regarding the fubar after WG started laying eggs on this whole episode.  Had 3 teams  ready to get the weekend cross server 5 done but could not get it done.  So the only regions that were able to earn the rewards was any Region earlier then NA which was all.   When the other region teams were playing our prime time my clans could care less where the other team came from as long as they got to play.  If the performance issues for cross server continues I say just drop it and go with the NA server season like the last few. 

Tuna