Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

Removing the third hulls for Iowa and Izumo

18 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
Members
184 posts
7,146 battles

It may be because these two are the oldest T9BBs and the game was different back then

However now they are literally the only T9BBs that have to grind through two hulls, while FdG, Lion, and Alasce only have to grind through one single B-hull

Perhaps it may be time to remove those third hulls so that grind isn't as dragged out.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,284 posts
4,365 battles
14 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

It may be because these two are the oldest T9BBs and the game was different back then

However now they are literally the only T9BBs that have to grind through two hulls, while FdG, Lion, and Alasce only have to grind through one single B-hull

Perhaps it may be time to remove those third hulls so that grind isn't as dragged out.

Alternatively, you could always add a third hull to all these others which would also balance the grind.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,942 battles
40 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Have no fear; when cashflow is an issue, the stock A hulls will be removed and made into Tier 8 premiums. :Smile_trollface: Of this you can be sure! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

YOu know they are there as gate keepers... so if they were to do what you ask, they would have to adjust the credit grind requirements for those two ships, or for all BB lines.

YOu know how well that would go over, right? 

:cap_wander:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,496 posts
2,050 battles
3 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Replace third hull of Iowa with Iowa 1991. That'll finally get me to play something above Tier 7.

I think that might cause even more problems...

Although Izumo seems to have plenty of room for a VLS so maybe it's not such a bad idea.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
936 posts
6,331 battles
3 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Inb4 sell Izumo and Iowa stock hull as T8 prem

Too late... see Ensign_Cthulhu's post above.

[PVE]
Members
498 posts
4,086 battles

It is weird to have a B and C hull on only two BB in the tier but IIRC the end total of XP is roughly the same across the board. My problem is that the B hulls were lackluster compared to the C hulls so I skipped both of them. Removing the B hull and moving the C hull down would have made the grind a bit more comfortable.

Members
3,296 posts
7,973 battles
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

YOu know they are there as gate keepers... so if they were to do what you ask, they would have to adjust the credit grind requirements for those two ships, or for all BB lines.

YOu know how well that would go over, right? 

:cap_wander:

I'd tell you what I really think about this general topic but...

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles
  • T9 Iowa B+C Hulls cost 105,000 XP
  • T9 Alsace B Hull costs 64,000 XP
  • I think you have a point.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,152 posts
1,648 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:
  • T9 Iowa B+C Hulls cost 105,000 XP
  • T9 Alsace B Hull costs 64,000 XP
  • I think you have a point.

Alsace's propulsion and range upgrades cost more than Iowa's, but the total cost to reach a fully upgraded Alsace is 31,000 less than it is to reach a fully upgraded Iowa and the total needed to unlock Republique is 18,000 less than the total needed to unlock Montana.  Izumo's exact costs are arranged slightly differently than Iowa's, but the cost to fully upgrade is the same and the cost to unlock Yamato is the same as the cost to unlock Montana.

This does not seem fair for the US and Japanese lines.

[DYING]
Members
186 posts
3,875 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Have no fear; when cashflow is an issue, the stock A hulls will be removed and made into Tier 8 premiums. :Smile_trollface: Of this you can be sure! :Smile_trollface:

I have great news, stock Izumo is already a tier 8 premium with Preferential matchmaking. :fish_aqua:

Edited by Q___________Q

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,942 battles
5 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I think that might cause even more problems...

Although Izumo seems to have plenty of room for a VLS so maybe it's not such a bad idea.

Those huge aft hangars make a lot of space for a lot of things. I can imagine an alternative reality where much of that space forms the basis for a Yamato-class Talos missile conversion after WW2, replacing the aft 18 inch turret with the illuminators replacing the aft secondary.

Members
5,021 posts
2,957 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Those huge aft hangars make a lot of space for a lot of things. I can imagine an alternative reality where much of that space forms the basis for a Yamato-class Talos missile conversion after WW2, replacing the aft 18 inch turret with the illuminators replacing the aft secondary.

They also make a great space for enemy battleship shells to get a one-way ticket to your aft citadel. As if not being able to fire behind yourself in the Izumo wasn't bad enough already.

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
4,003 battles

i can finally get a iowa at tier8,her advantages are accuracy but she is bigger and less stealthy than alabama/mass/nc.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,667 posts
7,558 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

i can finally get a iowa at tier8,her advantages are accuracy but she is bigger and less stealthy than alabama/mass/nc.

That hardly seems balanced. If anything her gun soft stats would have to be nerfed to compensate for the improved mobility, hp pool, and higher velocity guns. 

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
4,003 battles
1 minute ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

That hardly seems balanced. If anything her gun soft stats would have to be nerfed to compensate for the improved mobility, hp pool, and higher velocity guns. 

make the gun turn slower,nerf the hp. i don't know if stock iowa AA is that good.

Sign in to follow this