You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zoik99

Japanese Ship Suggestion (T10)

6 comments in this topic

[DSDS]
Members
17 posts
831 battles

Now before i say anything i will state that yes the zao is a very good ship but after the removal of the ability for destroyers and cruisers to be able to stealth fire with ease in japan line. The zao may have recently gotten its updated torps and slightly increased damage but when the initial idea of the ship was being a "Fire starter" with its high fire chance it is out ranked by other cruisers now (Henry IV). It isn't the worst ship to play but in terms of its actual effectiveness. Now looking at most stats (NOT COUNTING PLAYER ABILITY) the ship its self is in simple terms not so great. Other ships of similar tier have been much better off in some form of "strength" whether that be AP damage, torpedo's etc.. The ideal point i'm trying to make is that it would be nice to have the ship either be given a major overhaul or just replace the ship entirely which i am purposing. 

To where i am going with this as we know WOW wants to be accurate to lore while keeping balance on ships to prevent them from being too "OP" which is all. But that is where the zao kinda falls off from the historically correct  part of it. As the zao is based on the 1941 Type A Heavy Cruiser which is also known to be the Design B-65 cruiser that japan had planned back in 1939 and was to be made in 1942. Where the ship carriers 9 Tri-linked cannons at 310MM for its primary guns. In addition its natural stats are in large similarity to that of the Yamato as the ship was defined as a Super Type A cruiser. The ship in easiest terms was a "baby Yamato" so at least from my point of view of historical accuracy i would love to see them redesign the zao to make it more to its correct design with altered  stats to not make it a dumbly "OP" ship compared to the other T10 Ships. To assist in help show what i am talking about here is a clipped image from the info page of the B-65 Cruiser.

d3650d61bfa0a22a15cb1546ddbaaf65.thumb.png.d5ecdc0404d4774dd0afff606f0f5426.png

Edited by zoik99
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles

I think that the B-65 is more likely a future potential tier 9 FXP/coal ship to parallel the Alaska and Kronstadt.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,333 posts
11,458 battles

So the Zao no longer is steathy?

No longer starts fires?

No longer has good AP?

It's armor is no longer trolly?

12 km torps unuasable?

Heck I'm selling her, you convinced me she sucks....

• Cool 1

[STP]
Members
239 posts
8,198 battles

and he also does not have one of the best legendary modules ???

4 hours ago, Crucis said:

I think that the B-65 is more likely a future potential tier 9 FXP/coal ship to parallel the Alaska and Kronstadt.

or a new T10 ship by Steel...

Edited by xavier_556

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
4 hours ago, xavier_556 said:

and he also does not have one of the best legendary modules ???

or a new T10 ship by Steel...

No, like I said, I think that it's much more likely to be a tier 9 FXP/coal ship than a tier 10 ship.  After all, the B-65 was the ship that the Alaska was built to counter.

[FTH]
Members
164 posts
10,666 battles

Isn't that the ship people have been trying to get added as the counterpart to Kronstadht and Alaska?

Good luck with it m8.