You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BubbsTubbs

USS Texas 9.99

27 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
3 posts
3,754 battles

Premium Shop:  I just bought a Texas for $9.99 and there are 2 tier II destroyers for 0.99 each.  Also 10 Guineas for $0.99.  YMMV.

Good Luck!

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Yes, that's how it always starts.  I started my kid up with $9.99 Texas, now after Molotov and Scharnhorst he's playing on Roma with Kobayashi camo :cap_fainting:

• Funny 6

[FART]
Members
80 posts
4,554 battles

They've got their hooks in me with the cheapo botes... bought the Texas, Yubari, Smith and Huanghe. Dropping Halsey into the Texas feels almost criminal. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts
2 minutes ago, BubbsTubbs said:

Is the 10 guineas for 0.99 an error??

Nope.

[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles
2 hours ago, BubbsTubbs said:

Is the 10 guineas for 0.99 an error??

It is a special to help you get the 2 Guineas that can't be earned.  It also covers  you if you miss a few days/Directives.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
6 minutes ago, Xechran said:

How many guineas should we have atm, anyway?

Yes, Thanks to them ending the RN missions a few hours before reset i need a bunch.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,362 posts
10,151 battles

FWIW I believe these are older deals (except for Guineas) many of us have already got. I just checked and none of these deals, including the Guineas, appear for me. Yes I am logged in and yes I even tried logging out and back in. I have already purchased everything the OP mentions at those prices previously (ships were a long time back). So, this is either a Steam account thing or these deals will only appear for people who have not already taken advantage of them.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,305 posts
3,883 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Yes, that's how it always starts.  I started my kid up with $9.99 Texas, now after Molotov and Scharnhorst he's playing on Roma with Kobayashi camo :cap_fainting:

Man...the Yellow Rose is a gateway drug for premium shop purchasing.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

Man...the Yellow Rose is a gateway drug for premium shop purchasing.

For me it was the Ishizuchi Steam deal they offered just before the Cruiser Split. Less than ten Canadian dollars with a bunch of camos and two Yamamoto crates thrown in. Who in God's name could refuse that? And the Texas and the Graf Spee were dirt cheap as well, so they joined my fleet, and the Anshan a little later, and then the Yubari and the Smith and the Tachibana.... I loosened the purse strings all the way for the Warspite and then the Gallant, and then the Scharnhorst when she was 50% off...

I can't wait until the Cossack thing is over and I can go back to playing my fun low-tier ships again.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
4 hours ago, Xechran said:

How many guineas should we have atm, anyway?

If you haven't missed anything, you should have 27 won in game, 37 if you bought the 10 for 1 package.

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,878 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

FWIW I believe these are older deals (except for Guineas) many of us have already got. I just checked and none of these deals, including the Guineas, appear for me.

I still see them.  Touchy Banana Lima, Marblesinthehead Lima, Smith, and Texas are still there (at least for me).  Snagged the 10 Guineas a while back.  

But the Texas is a Gudbote.  Slightly better firing angles on the middle turret than the New York.  And MUCH better AA.  I bought the Texas long ago.  Wanted it since it's moored not far from where I work.  Bought it again when WG did the fundraiser for the "Save the Texas" event.  Earned it again when they did the Twitch promo.  Don't think I've ever run it with the Twitch camo.  Typically use the Lone Star camo on it.  And it will probably be one of the few T5's that would be viable after the CV rework drops and it's CV-palooza.  

Members
976 posts
5,690 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

FWIW I believe these are older deals (except for Guineas) many of us have already got. I just checked and none of these deals, including the Guineas, appear for me. Yes I am logged in and yes I even tried logging out and back in. I have already purchased everything the OP mentions at those prices previously (ships were a long time back). So, this is either a Steam account thing or these deals will only appear for people who have not already taken advantage of them.

Yes, these are "once per customer " specials that no longer display' once you purchase them.

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,878 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can't wait until the Cossack thing is over and I can go back to playing my fun low-tier ships again.

Tell me about it.  Almost sprung for the last of the Guineas I need to finish it off just so I can go play some low tier ships.  Never really had an urge, but picked up the YubYub when it was on sale.  My gosh is that thing a blast.  Only reason I even considered it was, the day before I picked it up I ran across one that had fail divisioned into a T7 battle in one.  Little bote finished second on the scoreboard.  It's almost as much fun to play as the Smith.  

Smith, for $1 is the ultimate cheap thrill.  Slap in whatever captain you like and go in for some low tier mindless fun.  Stat-wise, it's just not a very good ship.  Slow, especially for a DD.  Pathetic guns.  Lowest health pool in the tier (maybe in the game).  Only 3 single fire torp launchers.  But that torp reload makes it a hoot.  There's even a YouTube out there where some dude put a 19 point Steven Seagull in it and seal clubbed (IIRC he got his torp reload down to ~9 seconds).  Jingles also has a replay for it out there (I think it's titled "Agent Smith").  Smith and Touchybanana are good low tier fun.  

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
42 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Tell me about it.  Almost sprung for the last of the Guineas I need to finish it off just so I can go play some low tier ships.  Never really had an urge, but picked up the YubYub when it was on sale.  My gosh is that thing a blast.  Only reason I even considered it was, the day before I picked it up I ran across one that had fail divisioned into a T7 battle in one.  Little bote finished second on the scoreboard.  It's almost as much fun to play as the Smith.  

Smith, for $1 is the ultimate cheap thrill.  Slap in whatever captain you like and go in for some low tier mindless fun.  Stat-wise, it's just not a very good ship.  Slow, especially for a DD.  Pathetic guns.  Lowest health pool in the tier (maybe in the game).  Only 3 single fire torp launchers.  But that torp reload makes it a hoot.  There's even a YouTube out there where some dude put a 19 point Steven Seagull in it and seal clubbed (IIRC he got his torp reload down to ~9 seconds).  Jingles also has a replay for it out there (I think it's titled "Agent Smith").  Smith and Touchybanana are good low tier fun.  

It's Jingles' replay that made me get the boat (mind you, if I'd known it was coming out for that cheap I'd have waited). Yes the stats are awful, but they are historically indicative of the very first generation of destroyers after the Turtleback era (and that makes even the Smith look massively overgunned). A destroyer captain's life back then was exciting and often brutally short. If it weren't for the fact that torpedoes at Tier 1 are a no-no, I'd almost advocate for some of the Turtlebacks there; at 27 knots maximum with ONE 76mm-level and a couple of 57mm guns and no more torpedoes than the Smith, they'd be murdered even at Tier 2. The other problem with the RN Turtlebacks is that most of them had a fixed forward firing tube, and that would detract from forward tubes being the low-tier German flavour.

My current captain in my Tier 3 RN destroyer has Torpedo Armament Expertise for her first 3-point skill, and if you wanted to live dangerously you could take adrenaline rush instead of last stand, but even if you didn't, you don't need more than eight points to get that reload down.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,878 battles
39 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My current captain in my Tier 3 RN destroyer has Torpedo Armament Expertise for her first 3-point skill, and if you wanted to live dangerously you could take adrenaline rush instead of last stand, but even if you didn't, you don't need more than eight points to get that reload down.

That's one of the things I dislike about the RN DD's.  The torp reload seems to take forever compared to other ships at the same tier.  Part of me wants to try to train up a captain focused on improving the reload and see how that works.  But not right now.  

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
181 posts
4,276 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Before the Royal Navy/Cossack arc, there was the USN Cruisers arc with the Indianapolis missions. I'm sure there'll be another set of missions for T5+ ships after this one is over.

I guess it comes down to whether you want to play your low-tier premiums or chase after whatever prize WoWs is offering.

Members
90 posts
826 battles

I'd like to get the Indianapolis on the cheap. Such a tragic ending to the ship and her crew. 

Also, you can (or could) get the Texas for free if you had Amazon Prime or Twitch's premium service. I ended up getting the Marblehead myself, its a ton of fun imo. I've been intending to get the Yubari and Tachibana Lima (probably the Smith too) but its been quite a while since I've been able to focus on lower level ships with all the events lately. I want the Cossack as well, but I look forward to some lower tier battles once the RN event is over. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
25 minutes ago, Haifischkoeder said:

Before the Royal Navy/Cossack arc, there was the USN Cruisers arc with the Indianapolis missions. I'm sure there'll be another set of missions for T5+ ships after this one is over.

I guess it comes down to whether you want to play your low-tier premiums or chase after whatever prize WoWs is offering.

Yeah, I know. It comes down to what they offer and how badly I want or need it.  Part of me hopes it's the Prinz Eitel Friedrich, which will be easy for me to turn down because I already have the Graf Spee and the Scharnhorst, and feel no need for what the PEF represents. If it's the Vanguard (which I don't think is likely; it's too soon to throw another Tier VIII Brit ship at us), that would come down to how her final form matches up against the Monarch. If it's WV41, likewise; I have an American premium battleship for training (the Texas), and feel no need for another.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,952 posts
2,203 battles

8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have Texas via the original Steam bundle and see it now in the Premium Shop.  Also see Tachi Lima that I got for missions.  Smith and the Guinea bundle I bought through the Shop and don't see.  So they're looking at your Shop history rather than your Port. 

BTW, to see these deals, DO NOT look at the in-game "Premium Shop" - it's a different animal.  As are Steam DLCs, though they often echo the big Shop.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,334 battles

I tend to snag up the "Crazy Larry" deals, too.  Texas for $10, Smith and Taichibana Lima for $1 each, Yubari for $5, Marblehead Lima for $5.  The only one I didn't get was the Huanghe when it was offered at $10 (I think it was ten).

The 10 guineas for $1 was an excellent purchase and allowed me to get the Cossack early enough to take advantage of the ridiculously easy missions that are worth 10000 elite xp each.  I had 27 guineas at the time so I had to buy 23 more.  I'm still earning guineas (back to seven) and will gladly take the credit conversion in January.