Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elementary_GunRange

Premium BBs nerfs (Especially American premium BBs)

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
8 posts
4,703 battles

Seeing as the bulges change has now moved from the ST server onto the PTS server, I thought I should post a list of all the ships affected. For those of you who have been living under a rock, the change means that pens on the bulge/ship skin are now guaranteed to do 10% damage regardless of it penning the belt armor.  The impacted ships include and are not limited to:

* American tech tree battleships from T5 onward(North Carolina and Montana excluded)
* American premium battleships: USS Texas, USS Arizona, USS Alabama, USS Massachusetts, USS Missouri
* American carriers Independence and Lexington
* American premium carrier Enterprise
* Japanese Cruisers from T6 onward
* Japanese battleships from T5 onward( Premium Japanese battleships and Izumo are excluded)
* Japanese carrier Ryūjō
* Japanese premium carrier Kaga
* Russian premium cruiser Makarov
* Nurnburg and German cruisers from T8 onward
* German premium cruiser Graf Spee( both the normal and HSF version)
* German battleship Kaiser
* German premium carrier Graf Zeppelin
* British tech tree battleship HMS Queen Elizabeth
* British premium battleships:  HMS Warspite, HMS Hood, and HMS Nelson
* French tech tree cruisers from T5 onward
* French premium cruiser De Grasse
* French tech tree battleships from T6 onward
* French premium battleships: Dunkerque, Gascogne, Jean Bart, and Bourgogne
* Italian premium cruiser Duca Degli Abruzzi
* All Arpeggio ships

if you are interested in knowing more about the bulge change I do suggest you read what LittleWhiteMouse wrote on it, she explains it better than I ever could: [https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173813-mouses-morning-of-testing/](https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173813-mouses-morning-of-testing/)

The Devblog post on the bulge change: [https://m.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2204959589830376](https://m.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2204959589830376)  
 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,024
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles

Oh lookie, another thread telling us the sky is falling. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,359 posts

it will be weird to see cruisers and dds doing ap damage to bbs hitting in the lower hull.. the torp bulges are easily penned by that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Oh lookie, another thread telling us the sky is falling. 

Is this when I'm supposed to say, "WG you nerfed my premium! I want my money back!!!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,024
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles
Just now, Khafni said:

Is this when I'm supposed to say, "WG you nerfed my premium! I want my money back!!!"

 

WG: no refunds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,462
[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

So many people actually honestly believing this change is going to go through and making multiple repeat threads ...

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,024
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles
Just now, Lert said:

So many people actually honestly believing this change is going to go through and making multiple repeat threads ...

You say that, but they've shot themselves in the foot so many times they ran out of foot to shoot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[UFFA]
Members
525 posts
29 battles

I'll repeat from the previous thread.

 

giphy.gif


For this thread I will add Abruzzi reaction.

navelupodabruzzo2018-x0-800x445.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[UFFA]
Members
525 posts
29 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

So many people actually honestly believing this change is going to go through and making multiple repeat threads ...

You can't stop the karma farming, mal.
maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
744
[NG-NL]
Members
4,958 posts
8,103 battles

None of my BBs will even be fun to play if getting plinked constantly becomes the new meta.

In fact, IDK if WOWS will even be fun with this dumb change added.

Just add a ribbon showing destruction of module by AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
54 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

WG: no refunds

Yeah not unless Apple is involved, which is honestly probably why Wargaming is hesitant about making fully supported Mac version of the game is the ability to actually get a refund if Wargaming pulls a crazy stunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
741
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,144 posts
1,648 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah not unless Apple is involved, which is honestly probably why Wargaming is hesitant about making fully supported Mac version of the game is the ability to actually get a refund if Wargaming pulls a crazy stunt.

LOL, no.

Apple can't do jack about it on a Mac.  The Mac is not a closed platform like iOS devices.  With the Mac, a full computer, the user can get applications from wherever they want.  With iOS devices applications can only be obtained through Apple's store and they enforce the rules that sellers on their store have to play by.  WG could simply do a Mac version and not put it in the Apple store.  Just directly from WG or from Steam.  Blizzard used to release Mac versions of their games, but with Overwatch that stopped.  Per Blizzard the Mac is much harder to write games for and there would be difficulties making Overwatch work on the Mac.  I don't know if they are telling the truth and I don't know if the same thing factors in WG's decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

WG: no refunds

Rats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

LOL, no.

Apple can't do jack about it on a Mac.  The Mac is not a closed platform like iOS devices.  With the Mac, a full computer, the user can get applications from wherever they want.  With iOS devices applications can only be obtained through Apple's store and they enforce the rules that sellers on their store have to play by.  WG could simply do a Mac version and not put it in the Apple store.  Just directly from WG or from Steam.  Blizzard used to release Mac versions of their games, but with Overwatch that stopped.  Per Blizzard the Mac is much harder to write games for and there would be difficulties making Overwatch work on the Mac.  I don't know if they are telling the truth and I don't know if the same thing factors in WG's decision.

If full Mac supported version come from Apple Mac store just as WOT Blitz comes from App Store then yes Apple can do something about it. They maintain some control on anything in their stores so that they can protect their customers from companies like Wargaming when requested to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
741
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,144 posts
1,648 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If full Mac supported version come from Apple Mac store just as WOT Blitz comes from App Store then yes Apple can do something about it. They maintain some control on anything in their stores so that they can protect their customers from companies like Wargaming when requested to do so.

Yes, that is why they wouldn't put it in the App Store.  It would be dumb to hand that control to an entity as hostile to developers as Apple is.  You don't have a choice on the iPhone or iPad.  On the Mac the developer has the choice.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,291 posts
3,583 battles

Is anyone seeing a pattern with the fun being sucked out of the game for quicker battles which none asked for in the favor of profits for wargaming? I think we saw this before with World of tanks did we not with the artillery being messed up for years. I came from World of Tanks to get away from quick battles as I think one dies too easily in that game. Yet, ironically I am finding more fun there knowing that there won't be a game breaking change like the Torpedo bulges are. Somone get the BBB on Wargaming or something this is just plain ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×