Femennenly

PSA: Random Twitch Container?!

19 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff, Retired Community Contributors
244 posts
12,178 battles

Heyo Captains!

Want to get your hands on a Twitch Container? Look how pretty in purple it looks: 

Twitch-Container.png

We're pleased to announce we are trialing the Drops System with Twitch.tv where by watching your favorite streamers playing World of Warships you have a small chance of receiving a container!

Make sure you link your Twitch Account to your Game account by:

1. Log into your account
  2. Go to your Account Management Page
  3. Link your Twitch Account (Right hand side)

... and get watching your favorite streamers! (You will need to watch for at least an hour before having a chance to receive a container). 

Don't have a favorite streamer? Find one here.

Or even watch the Official World of Warships streams here.

• Cool 15
  • Bad 1

[AGP]
Members
45 posts
15,686 battles

I got one, a couple of hours ago and I wasnt sure why I deserved it!

Nice!!!

Thanks to WG and Twitch for this!

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (884).png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (885).png

[JASH]
Members
2 posts
7,769 battles

Thought it was odd that the containers did not actually contain Twitch camos.

• Cool 2

[CFG]
Members
2 posts
5,222 battles

I was happy it didn't.

So, does it drop from any WoWS stream, or do they need to be flagged by WG?

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester
173 posts
5,133 battles

Is this only for WG CC streamers or anyone streaming warships?

• Cool 1

[F1RE]
[F1RE]
Beta Testers
15 posts
12,976 battles
13 hours ago, EpicLeveler said:

I suspect any streamer as the one I usually watch is not a CC

Members
3 posts
13 hours ago, EpicLeveler said:

14 hours ago, Femennenly said:

So, basically anyone who streams WoWS.

[TLW]
Members
4 posts
6,459 battles

This really makes me wonder who is watching these streams because I stream for hours and hours and not more then 10 viewers {and i dont think im that bad lol }  ............ Then when i check there is only 200-500 people watching world of warships on twitch at any given time, cities skylines has more viewers normally ........ makes me not want to bother streaming the game when i don't get any help with promoting your game.  Because if people did view then they wouldn't get anything for viewing me. Just makes me think for a few mins about if i should bother to keep promoting a game that doesnt give me anything in return .........  and yes i have affiliate on twitch so i have a viewers. 

just my 2 cents on this ....... and if you want my twitch info... its the same as my user name here. 

[WGA]
244 posts
12,178 battles
49 minutes ago, PSRBill said:

This really makes me wonder who is watching these streams because I stream for hours and hours and not more then 10 viewers {and i dont think im that bad lol }  ............ Then when i check there is only 200-500 people watching world of warships on twitch at any given time, cities skylines has more viewers normally ........ makes me not want to bother streaming the game when i don't get any help with promoting your game.  Because if people did view then they wouldn't get anything for viewing me. Just makes me think for a few mins about if i should bother to keep promoting a game that doesnt give me anything in return .........  and yes i have affiliate on twitch so i have a viewers. 

just my 2 cents on this ....... and if you want my twitch info... its the same as my user name here. 

Took a peek at your channel from someone who has a lot of experience on Twitch. The viewer infiltration with any game varies on the time of the day, it may be that you're in a low-population time of the day. Prime time for the game will easily see 2000~ watching.

I will mention that no one goes into streaming games with the expectation to be given something from the developer/publisher, its a streamers job to grow their channel. If otherwise the company would just stream themselves. 

If you would like further tips on what you can do to improve your Twitch Channel for World of Warships please don't hesitate to reach out to me via PM, happy to give some tips.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[CAFE]
WoWS Community Contributors
151 posts
15,721 battles

Great move by WG. Now bring back my ARMS RACE! 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-A-8-]
Members
25 posts
5,854 battles
On 11/2/2018 at 11:18 PM, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains!

Want to get your hands on a Twitch Container? Look how pretty in purple it looks: 

Twitch-Container.png

We're pleased to announce we are trialing the Drops System with Twitch.tv where by watching your favorite streamers playing World of Warships you have a small chance of receiving a container!

Make sure you link your Twitch Account to your Game account by:

1. Log into your account
  2. Go to your Account Management Page
  3. Link your Twitch Account (Right hand side)

... and get watching your favorite streamers! (You will need to watch for at least an hour before having a chance to receive a container). 

Or even watch the Official World of Warships streams here.

Hi @Femennenly does this need to be an hour straight or is is cumulative?

[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,724 battles
22 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

Hi @Femennenly does this need to be an hour straight or is is cumulative?

You have to be watching for an hour to be eligible for a random chance of getting a crate. I tuned into a streamer last night while I was doing other things. I just let the stream play with it muted and after a couple hours had won a crate and won a random drawing for some CC camos. Then crate contents are ok, all I was interested in was the oil. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WGA]
244 posts
12,178 battles
47 minutes ago, FZ1Rider said:

Hello @Femennenly

Is this a one time drop or do we have an opportunity to keep earning containers each day for watching?

Thanks!

There are multiple chances to gain containers but they are limited after a certain point.