Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Do not start the game with premium T8s they said...

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Well, I have a confession to make.  My very first ship in this game was Tirpitz.  Followed by Atago.  In my defense I did take time to learn the game with my Tirpitz in co-op battles, all 17 of them, after that it was all randoms.  Apparently I never took Atago to co-op, ever.  So, many games over I came back to Tirpitz these last couple of days, and the ship is actually pretty damn good!  Surprise!!!  I think I am going to go and check Atago now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[WOLF2]
Members
120 posts
4,587 battles

I came over from tanks and was pretty good in it.  I knew how important premiums were for credits from tanks so I too got the tirpitz when it was released and I was new to warships.  I went straight to random and sucked badly.  My wr in the tirp will probably never recover lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[CSALT]
Members
146 posts

Not me!  I was lured here by the "Why the hell not?" ads and the word FREE -_- .   Now I have 46 ships with 9 Premiums in the last 10 months.  I am a victim of marketing and shiny shiny lures.  Well played Wargaming, well played...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[MUDD]
Members
84 posts
893 battles

@Ramsalot those who discourage getting a high tier premium early are the same as those in WoT who scoff at a new player with Lowe! They flap their jaws at new players in an attempt to keep the fun to themselves!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,079
[SIM]
Members
2,435 posts
4,068 battles

I had to buy three premium ships in order to get into the closed beta, and when your options are the Erie or the Gremyaschchy, what would you pick? Couple that with the fact that they also gave me an Arkansas and Albany early on, and that I’d already experienced the complete snoozefest that was grinding tech trees in WoT, and well, there’s a reason why I’m Admiral of the Premium Fleet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
416
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,881 posts
3,538 battles
59 minutes ago, Captmuddxx_2018 said:

@Ramsalot those who discourage getting a high tier premium early are the same as those in WoT who scoff at a new player with Lowe! They flap their jaws at new players in an attempt to keep the fun to themselves!

WOT is immensely more complex, and you 100% should learn what youre doing before buying a premium...of any kind. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
869
[WOLF9]
Members
1,031 posts

Personally, I'd advise against dropping fifty bucks or more on a ship until I knew whether or not I liked the game, because you are absolutely, positively, not getting your money back.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,590
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles

When I was new, when my highest tech tree ship was Tier V Omaha, I bought VII Atlanta and VIII Atago.  I did absolutely horrible in them.  However, I got better, played more (a lot more) with Atlanta and finally changed from red potato stats to finally passable stats.  It wasn't easy considering the amount of battles I played with her at first and with how Averages work, I had lots of matches to do.  Atago?  I haven't even begun to dig my stats out of the gutter with her yet.  Here and there I played her over the years after I got better, but I didn't play her enough to really improve the awful stats I have on her :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
117 posts
3,569 battles

Same for me my first 2 premiums were the Atlanta and the Atago and was not very good in them but once i played more in the game i got use to them and started having better games but now i mainly use the Atlanta to run tier 7 ops and the Atago is still a beast if played right in randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
24 posts
1,808 battles

well Atlanta is probably one of the hardest ships to play now with 13.4 range. You have to hope you get a lucky island or the rush on your LOS. i dont like it. too rage inducing. 

Edited by steelers_rule_2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
360
[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles
2 hours ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

Scharn and Mass (unless they nerf the secondaries) are fun as hell. 

There will be a riot if they even think about nerfing Mass secondaries.  Thats the whole point of the ship. 

Not that they nerf premiums anyway, but still riot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
117 posts
3,569 battles

The Atlanta is not a easy ship to play you got to have a good map with good island cover and have good map awareness to know when to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,324 posts
11,439 battles
2 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Not me!  I was lured here by the "Why the hell not?" ads and the word FREE -_- .   Now I have 46 ships with 9 Premiums in the last 10 months.  I am a victim of marketing and shiny shiny lures.  Well played Wargaming, well played...

I think I have more premiums than you....

In just tier 2 and 3....

.....

Very well played WG...

....

I should note 4 or 5 of them are free/earnable premies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[CSALT]
Members
146 posts
19 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I think I have more premiums than you....

In just tier 2 and 3....

.....

Very well played WG...

....

I should note 4 or 5 of them are free/earnable premies.

I missed getting the Missouri by two days.  I started ((playing WoWs)) as ((the Missouri's)) availability was ending and I couldn't earn the ((Free))XP quickly enough to get her or I would have her.  I got to the 750K free XP mark two days after it was removed, sigh.  Most of that XP was from Omaha and Nicholas battles.

If I'd known how quickly you could get more XP/higher tier rewards from premium ships or that the Missouri was a limited time only thing, I would done things differently and might have ((her)) in my port.  Alas, all I have is an empty slip where she should be.  That was ((back)) when I was even doing most of my grinding in Co-op battles and learning how to drive ships, wouldn't even try a Random and forget ranked or any of those other things, lol.

I am tempted almost every time I log in to get a new ship.  Now I put my wallet in a time safe just to slow my roll!

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
Added content for clarification. Edit in (( ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,324 posts
11,439 battles
51 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I missed getting the Missouri by two days.  I started ((playing WoWs)) as ((the Missouri's)) availability was ending and I couldn't earn the ((Free))XP quickly enough to get her or I would have her.  I got to the 750K free XP mark two days after it was removed, sigh.  Most of that XP was from Omaha and Nicholas battles.

If I'd known how quickly you could get more XP/higher tier rewards from premium ships or that the Missouri was a limited time only thing, I would done things differently and might have ((her)) in my port.  Alas, all I have is an empty slip where she should be.  That was ((back)) when I was even doing most of my grinding in Co-op battles and learning how to drive ships, wouldn't even try a Random and forget ranked or any of those other things, lol.

I am tempted almost every time I log in to get a new ship.  Now I put my wallet in a time safe just to slow my roll!

Last month my wallet took a real life hit. I'm barely treading water.

My last purchases 25 royal navy crates, trying to get lightening early release, and 16 guineas. 

So my spending spree is on hold for at least 6 months.

On a side note, I play Missouri 10 times better than Iowa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[CSALT]
Members
146 posts
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

On a side note, I play Missouri 10 times better than Iowa. 

LOL, that's it, just rub it in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,324 posts
11,439 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

LOL, that's it, just rub it in...

Sorry.

The ship is just a tad better than an Iowa.

Massachusetts is way more fun.

Krondstat is good.

Nelson is lulz.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,479
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,419 posts
3,411 battles

I started the game with Kitakami.

You have no idea what horrors were unleashed between Kitakamis and any unlucky T4s~T7s (yes, early CBT had +/-4 on MM; Fusos could face off against Yamatos for example) that happened to also be in such matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[CSALT]
Members
146 posts
4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Sorry.

The ship is just a tad better than an Iowa.

Massachusetts is way more fun.

Krondstat is good.

Nelson is lulz.

 

((After playing free for a bit and deciding I enjoyed the game enough to purchase a premium ship,)) I think I started with the HSF Graf Spee and Harekaze.  Something about Japanese High School girls yelling at me about implements of war appealed to my sense of the absurd.

It has been downhill ever since though.  I know what Wargaming is doing, I can see it coming, and they get me anyway.  PT Barnum knew what he was talking about.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
Added content in (( ))
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,658 posts
8,045 battles

Starting with a high tier ship is never a good thing. Some people are interested and decide to invest time to learn game mecanic, other are just going to complain about how Tirpitz is helpless against a Fletcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,193 battles

Tirpitz is strongest DD, did the same as you and was fine (though, there were only two nations)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×