You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Game becomes more arcade every each update BUT

12 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
513 posts
3,264 battles

Game becomes more arcade every each update.

This game used to be more.. hardcore , maniac, and game had scent of SOME simulator-like aspects.

Now game is becoming more and more arcade-like but the price of stuffs in the premium shop remains "hardcore".

WG, can you make up your mind? Are you going to appeal to smaller but maniac groups of gamers who likes naval warfare game and have money to spare

OR are you going to appeal to more broad gaming community and open up the game for more casual players?

Your game play is going for one way and your marketing strategy is going for another way.

all the updates to the game mechanics, events, missions, loot boxes, and ridiculously over-priced commanders, and camos makes this game chaotic.

Yes. Chaos is the exact word I want to use to describe current state of the game.

Edited by VVoony
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,249 posts
5,674 battles

They already killed this game my brother. Almost all of the Naval Warfare enthusiasts like me left the game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[CAPGO]
Members
513 posts
3,264 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

They already killed this game my brother. Almost all of the Naval Warfare enthusiasts like me left the game.

I will prob still play the game. I still spend tons on this game. Even though I am very skeptical about how things are going, I still want to support WG.. just yet. I am slowly but surely losing interest in this game though. I guess better way to put it is, I am being dissapointed little by little with every announcement they make, and may be that's making me tiresome? It's like losing hope for this game.

Edited by VVoony
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SAA]
Members
819 posts
26,845 battles
8 minutes ago, VVoony said:

I will prob still play the game. I still spend tons on this game. Even though I am very skeptical about how things are going, I still want to support WG.. just yet. I am slowly but surely losing interest in this game though. I guess better way to put it is, I am being dissapointed little by little with every announcement they make, and may be that's making me tiresome? It's like losing hope for this game.

It's death by a thousand cuts.  What is really disappointing is when you try to let others here know that it might make you leave to other games they say "Boi buy" as if it wont effect them.  I think it's a lost cause and I am waiting in till it gets to a arcadey point and then I'm probably out of here to.  Sort of sad, spent a lot of time and money here, I guess it's gona be all just memories now, we will have to see.

• Bad 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,916 posts
3,310 battles

I already have other naval games that I play, in conjunction with this. Naval Ops Warship Gunner 2 is one such example. And I have to tell you, NOWSG2 is a far better game than this, but I still play this game, because it is a bit more realistic. When this game becomes more like WSG2 then I'll leave. Until that happens, I'll still play. But without money I can't buy anything, and with the price of many of the things in the premium shop, my purchases would be limited anyway.

• Bad 1

Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles

Don’t know myself...

Just can’t seem to get a handle on high tier games; and at least being able to run riot with a carrier in Co-op will soon give way to a joke of a control system, (speaking of getting all arcady...) so who knows what will happen after that.

The sub Holloween event quickly lost me; and did we even have an April Fools event this year?

• Bad 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,667 posts
14,042 battles

This game, at least since Open Beta, was always an arcade game.  The guys around during earlier betas have mentioned mechanics in place that are alien for today's game, but when this game was ready for release, it was and still is an arcade game.

This isn't Harpoon.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
485 posts
10,636 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This isn't Harpoon.

I loved Harpoon.  We played it in CIC on one of my DDGs.  :)

Alpha Tester
582 posts
4,212 battles
5 hours ago, VVoony said:

This game used to be more.. hardcore , maniac, and game had scent of SOME simulator-like aspects.

This game never had any "simulator-like aspects".

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,177 posts
12,869 battles
6 hours ago, VVoony said:

Well, simulators are difficult and have limited appeal … you had to know they would cash in and go towards their commercial interests - have they gone too far?

I just got back from about 12 days travel and I looked at the game with fresh eyes - it was truly a let down.

I had trouble convincing myself it was even worth playing, then I nibbled on the sub op and slowly acclimatized :)

Hamsters should never get off the wheel :)