Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Lonewolf

Salem or Musashi?

59 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22,432
[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles

OP battleship that makes a mockery of armor, or weak copypasta of mediocre T10 cruiser with nerfed radar?

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

Musashi. I got mine with coal. It's a lot of fun and once they remove it I doubt we will see it for sale again for a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,365
[-K-]
Members
5,055 posts
8,934 battles
Just now, Lert said:

OP battleship that makes a mockery of armor, or weak copypasta of mediocre T10 cruiser with nerfed radar?

Or, consider saving it for the slew of potential coal ships coming down the pipeline (Alaska, Jean Bart, Bourgogne, etc).  Depends on what your playstyle prefers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[A_51]
Members
194 posts
12,574 battles

I plan to wait on the Mushashi until I can buy it with free experience.  There are so many more options for using coal that I prefer to hang on to mine for now.  The Salem holds no interest for me.

Edited by Seaneroo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,432
[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Or, consider saving it for the slew of potential coal ships coming down the pipeline (Alaska, Jean Bart, Bourgogne, etc).  Depends on what your playstyle prefers.

Or that.

Between Salem and Musashi though, I have to go Musashi all the way. Keep in mind though that that's coming from a BB main that doesn't like the USN cruiser line whatsoever.

As for Musashi, well, Mouse and me are going to do another yearly 'most memorable premiums' towards christmas time, and right now I'm leaning towards Musashi as my pick for premium of the year.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
6 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I plan to wait on the Mushashi until I can buy it with free experience.  There are so many more options for using coal that I prefer to hang on to mine for other uses.  The Salem hold no interest for me.

I find coal much easier to obtain than the amount of free xp required to buy t8-t9 prem ships. I bought Musashi with coal and I now have close to 140k coal hoarded for the next ships. I'm saving my free xp for ships that won't be offered for coal. 

BTW Musashi once it's removed may not be available for free xp for a very long time or perhaps never. 

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[WOLF2]
Members
1,100 posts
12,851 battles
16 minutes ago, Colonel_Lonewolf said:

As coal starts coming in, which would be better to buy with it?  Thanks.

Musashi - it's much cheaper and you get a T9 BB that can make good xp vs T10s

Use coal of course with a coupon - you'll get another ship coupon around X-mas and you should use it before then anyways

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
581 posts

Neither. 

Already have Des Moines, Salem is close CC.  Heading towards Yamato which Musashi is a poor excuse for in my opinion.  Already have Missouri so dont need credit maker.

Save it for ship changeout in Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles
5 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I find coal much easier to obtain than the amount of free xp required to buy t8-t9 prem ships. I bought Musashi with coal and I now have close to 140k coal hoarded for the next ships. I'm saving my free xp for ships that won't be offered for coal. 

my name is monpetitloup, and i approve of this message.

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,365
[-K-]
Members
5,055 posts
8,934 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Or that.

Between Salem and Musashi though, I have to go Musashi all the way. Keep in mind though that that's coming from a BB main that doesn't like the USN cruiser line whatsoever.

As for Musashi, well, Mouse and me are going to do another yearly 'most memorable premiums' towards christmas time, and right now I'm leaning towards Musashi as my pick for premium of the year.

Fair enough.  But it also begs this question:

image.thumb.png.4cb06dd3f0f0eb2759db73ea8e8f8bb5.png

Why take the handicapped ship when you can have the full strength variety?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,432
[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Why take the handicapped ship when you can have the full strength variety?

Less pressure. Yamato is guaranteed top tier, and I feel I am looked to to carry whenever I take out my Yamato.

Plus, Yamato doesn't get to splat New Orleans', Myoko's and Indianapolis'.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[PWH]
Members
76 posts
4,772 battles

Saving mine for the underpowered tier 9 french battleship with a overpowered consumable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Less pressure. Yamato is guaranteed top tier, and I feel I am looked to to carry whenever I take out my Yamato.

Plus, Yamato doesn't get to splat New Orleans', Myoko's and Indianapolis'.

the only thing i wonder about is the cv rework. do you have a sense of how this might impact mushy play? with unlimited planes, she will definitely have to adapt, at least based on her aa stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,432
[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

do you have a sense of how this might impact mushy play?

More than most people. I'm also of the opinion that I'll deal with that when it happens and not spend energy worrying about it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles
1 minute ago, SteeLeviathan said:

Saving mine for the underpowered tier 9 french battleship with a overpowered consumable.

even after the consumable nerf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

More than most people. I'm also of the opinion that I'll deal with that when it happens and not spend energy worrying about it now.

precisely why i asked you :cap_haloween: cant blame me for trying :cap_yes:,  and as to your strategy: wisely so.

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,489
Members
6,624 posts
25,265 battles

Why is this even a question? Isn't it obvious?

Didn't Lert spell it out already?

I'll give you a hint: Starts with "M" and ends with "usashi".

(unless you prefer to wait for JB or AK). Between your two choices it is clear,

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
23 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

...Musashi once it's removed...

 

30 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Musashi. I got mine with coal. It's a lot of fun and once they remove it I doubt we will see it for sale again for a long time. 

Did I miss the memo?  Was there any talk about removing Musashi?  Unfortunately I can't recommend one over the other to the OP, since I don't have hands on experience with neither Salem nor DM.  Musashi is very capable ship, I can definitely vouch for that.  As a BB main I don't have much respect for DM nor Salem, the other T10 cruisers usually give me more trouble.  DDs can have different opinion though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,078
[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Musashi by a mile. The Salem is at best novel and at worst {DEVASTATING STRIKE}, while the Musashi is a legitimately powerful ship against everything except for carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

the only thing i wonder about is the cv rework. do you have a sense of how this might impact mushy play? with unlimited planes, she will definitely have to adapt, at least based on her aa stats.

CV rework is going to effect all BBs. Unlimited planes is going to completely change the game mechanics. A hidden CV can influence the outcome of a battle more than ever. Two CVs per battle will become the norm. I think they are making a mistake with it.

 

Edited by STINKWEED_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,432
[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

Did I miss the memo?  Was there any talk about removing Musashi?

Nope. It doesn't have the same problems that Missouri had and why they removed the latter.

Keep in mind though, Musashi has been available for nearly a year now, and premium ships rotate in and out, so even though there's not been official speak of Musashi being removed from sale, chances are they'll pull it for sale at some point with the plan to put it back in later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

CV rework is going to effect all BBs. Unlimited planes is going to completely change the game mechanics. I hidden CV can influence the outcome of a battle more than ever. Two CVs per battle will become the norm. I think they are making a mistake with it.

 

this used to be the case way back when. at that point i went bft/aft on all my ships because of it. if they give a free respec it would be fair. unfortunately the cv rework will promote back of map camping i think in order for people to group aa, i know the logical thing would be to advance in groups, but as gameplay stands today i dont see that happening in non division randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×