You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

32 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
4,436 battles

Small thing I've noticed with the Super Containers that I thought I might mention. With all the events and missions that have been happening and with the availability of flags through the Arsenal the Super Containers no longer feel worth their rarity. I understand having to have something more common in them but only receiving 100 flags that can be obtained with relative ease counteracts the purpose of having a rare and special container. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles

they have been deemed trash before the arsenal was put in place.

But the thing that bothers me: People complaining about free stuff. It's free, they have to make sure they don't lose profit on this free stuff.

• Cool 3

[SFBBW]
Members
155 posts
9,627 battles

they all can't be winners. i am happy with my 25k free exps, 2k doubloons, and cammos

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles
7 minutes ago, SakeBreath said:

they all can't be winners. i am happy with my 25k free exps, 2k doubloons, and cammos

Uuhhh.... those are the winners.  Try winning 100 useless flags after 100 useless flags (in the few SCs you get) that you already can’t use fast enough and then we’ll talk.

• Bad 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,912 battles
12 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

they have been deemed trash before the arsenal was put in place.

But the thing that bothers me: People complaining about free stuff. It's free, they have to make sure they don't lose profit on this free stuff.

Free, how is it free? I paid in time played to earn those SC. The more incentive I have to play, the more time I spend in their game, the more likely I am to spend money (statistically). If I feel like my time invested isn't worth the reward I may choose another game to play / spend money on and then WG loses out.

• Bad 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,921 posts
3,544 battles
24 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Yeah.  They are trash.  This is known.

tis tradition.

[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles

Got Alabama out of a SC two weeks ago.  I don't get SC's often, but they seem to treat me alright overall.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles
49 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Free, how is it free? I paid in time played to earn those SC. The more incentive I have to play, the more time I spend in their game, the more likely I am to spend money (statistically). If I feel like my time invested isn't worth the reward I may choose another game to play / spend money on and then WG loses out.

You play a game to have fun. That's the incentive to play: You find it fun. Sure games can have objectives to strive for, like WoWS has tier 10 and 19-point commanders. But if you're not having fun, why play the game? Even those who have unlocked tier 10 ships, and have 19-point commanders, still find lower tiers to be fun to play.

The daily Containers, the Super Containers, all other special containers. Those are BONUSES! These are free. If your incentive is that which is meant to be a bonus, then you need to sort out your priorities. So if you're incentive to playing this game, are strictly the super containers, you will forever be disappointed, because SCs aren't the incentive, THEY ARE A BONUS!

Repeat the following until it sinks in: "SCs aren't the incentive, they are a bonus!"

You don't play for a bonus. Playing specifically for a bonus, is why people find mission grinding to be dull, and draining.

Edited by Counter_Gambit
grammar fix
  • Cool 4

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles
1 hour ago, SakeBreath said:

I can't name the number of signals and camos that I received. I do know that I received 15,000 coal, 2 premium ships (Okhotnik and Marblehead), but never doubloons, or free experience.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,151 posts
12,862 battles
6 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You play a game to have fun. That's the incentive to play: You find it fun. Sure games can have objectives to strive for, like WoWS has tier 10 and 19-point commanders. But if you're not having fun, why play the game? Even those who have unlocked tier 10 ships, and have 19-point commanders, still find lower tiers to be fun to play.

The daily Containers, the Super Containers, all other special containers. Those are BONUSES! These are free. If your incentive is that which is meant to be a bonus, then you need to sort out your priorities. So if you're incentive to playing this game, are strictly the super containers, you will forever be disappointed, because SCs aren't the incentive, THEY ARE A BONUS!

Repeat the following until it sinks in: "SCs aren't the incentive, they are a bonus!"

You don't play for a bonus. Playing specifically for a bonus, is why people find mission grinding to be dull, and draining.

I find the game fun still, 

But I have no idea how the Russian mind works and their sense of humor seems on the darker side :)

I still haven't found the Russian word for "Super" that fits WG 

Edited by Commander_367

[INTEL]
Members
6,630 posts
25,339 battles
58 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Uuhhh.... those are the winners.  Try winning 100 useless flags after 100 useless flags (in the few SCs you get) that you already can’t use fast enough and then we’ll talk.

Have to disagree here. There are no useless flags. Some are more useful than others but I'll take 100 signal flags any time.

It was semi-useless when we got 100 Premium Spotter Planes. All flags have some use.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
243 posts
4,113 battles
1 hour ago, DarkFireWolfe57 said:

but only receiving 100 flags that can be obtained with relative ease counteracts the purpose of having a rare and special container

So. in case WG is reading...

All other containers have more than 1 slot. like, resource containers have 5 slots. Why not take this concept into super containers and have 10 slots. each slot can give a random roll reward.  reserve 1 slot for the super roll chance. then the screen is FILLED with rewards. even if you only gave 10 flags per slot = 100 flags = the same amount of rewards, the effect will seem super!.

Edited by skillztowin

[LANCE]
Members
291 posts
3,098 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

100% agree!!

Ive had some good SC’s (free xp, Texas, another ship which can’t remember which one) and a few less than thrilling BUT they cost me nothing except the fun I had playing the game!

Most flags and camp can be sold for silver. I go through these occasionally just for the extra credits to add to another tech tree purchase

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles
1 minute ago, skillztowin said:

So. in case WG is reading...

All other containers have more than 1 slot. like, resource containers have 5 slots. Why not take this concept into super containers and have 10 slots. each slot can give a random roll reward.  reserve 1 slot for the super roll chance. then the screen is FILLED with rewards. even if you only gave 10 flags per slot = 100 flags = the same the effect will seem super!.

now this I can get behind.

But I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly (my mind is fried from being ill):

10 Slots;
(I started at slot 0 because reason)
Slot 0: Super Roll OR Standard Prize
Slot 1: Standard Prize
Slot 2: Standard Prize
Slot 3: Standard Prize
Slot 4: Standard Prize
Slot 5: Standard Prize
Slot 6: Standard Prize
Slot 7: Standard Prize
Slot 8: Standard Prize
Slot 9: Standard Prize

Standard Prize = Random Option from other crate options: More Resources, More Credits, More Signals and Camo, More Consumables
Super Roll = 2k Doubloons, 15,000 Coal, 25,000 FXP, 10,000 ECXP, 1,500 Steel, Premium Ship

Try Your Luck (failed Super Container)
Slot 0: Standard Prize
Slot 1: Standard Prize
Slot 2: Standard Prize

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
243 posts
4,113 battles
7 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

to make sure I am understanding you correctly

yeah. you pretty  much wrote out the concept. the underlying principle is to take up more screen space. reinforce the idea of a SUPER CONTAINER. even if you give the same amount of prizes. 

right now, regular containers seem more "full"... when a super container, looking all huge, comes down, then you open and only one little dinky item shows up. the brain ignores that 100 of them is a lot. 

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 hour ago, DarkFireWolfe57 said:

Small thing I've noticed with the Super Containers that I thought I might mention. With all the events and missions that have been happening and with the availability of flags through the Arsenal the Super Containers no longer feel worth their rarity. I understand having to have something more common in them but only receiving 100 flags that can be obtained with relative ease counteracts the purpose of having a rare and special container. 

By all means, I am addicted to TYL and prob always will be. But I have probably lost out on so many more flags and goodies, while simplified, you get 12 flags vs 4 for every failed TYL container. Depending on how much you play, it's much easier to rack up more loot buy getting regular containers. It's just that greed mechanism that makes you want the big drop.

In fact, last week I got the Massachusetts in a SC.

That is a bold face lie, I got 25 ramming flags and a note that said:

Image result for you'll get nothing and like it

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles
3 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

yeah. you pretty  much wrote out the concept. the underlying principle is to take up more screen space. reinforce the idea of a SUPER CONTAINER. even if you give the same amount of prizes. 

right now, regular containers seem more "full"... when a super container, looking all huge, comes down, then you open and only one little dinky item shows up. the brain ignores that 100 of them is a lot. 

I want to make 1 change to your idea, and that is: If slot 0 rolls a super roll, then only that item appears. All other slots are ignored, and you do not receive the item they rolled.

And of course, being super container, the item quantities are boosted, rather than their normal value if you chose those crates specifically.

Signals could still be the most common item, but this idea, which is what I love about this idea, makes it so that it won't necessarily be 100 of the same type of signal (it still could be, but with the number of signals available, less likely).

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles

OH, and for those curious, have some math, to determine the likelihood of a Super Container after so many regular containers.

I had to assume some things to come up with this math, but I feel this assumption is spot on, based on the amount of containers some people have claimed to go through without seeing a Super Container.

This assumption: Percentage of a Super Container. I believe it to be 0.1%.

We look to the likelihood of a Non-SC appearing, rather than the likelihood of an SC appearing.

This becomes
0.999^n <---0.1% SC chance

n= number of containers since last SC (not counting SCs obtained from missions or gifts)

This math gives you the percentage chance of n number of Non-SCs appearing consecutively.

Try Your Luck gives double the chance of an SC, 0.2%, or 0.998^n

I'll provide both sets of math, and for ease, I used Excel: Percentages
Excel Makes everything easier.

When you look through there. You will notice that with TYL option, it isn't until 347 that SCs turn in your favor, and 693 for other container options (694 if you think 49.99% is still too close to 50%)

713 has it exactly 49%... Vault number 713 for the win...:cap_haloween:

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
243 posts
4,113 battles
21 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

All other slots are ignored

then you would lose out on screen real state usage. to clarify in case it was missed. Im not saying WG needs to give more rewards. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,912 posts
3,297 battles
1 minute ago, skillztowin said:

then you would lose out on screen real state usage. to clarify in case it was missed. Im not saying WG needs to give more rewards. 

I understand that. But, the Super Roll is Super, because those are what people want. Pulling 2k doubloons, from a SC satisfies people, unlike 100 signal flags. Pulling a ship also excites people. Same with large sums of FXP, and that 15,000 Coal. So it's not disappointing to see those things. It is disappointing to see everything else (though again, from my perspective, it's free why be disappointed?). So when it isn't a "super roll" the SC still feels Super by filling the screen with stuff. When it is a Super Roll, it doesn't fill the screen, but is still super because AWESOME!

Members
508 posts
2,831 battles

Im with the OP. Nothing like not seeing a Super Container for 2-3 months, finally getting one, and having it be common flags. Free bonus or not Super Containers were meant to be something special, hence the rarity. Its like hitting the lottery where people can win cash or even a vehicle and you get a bundle of car wash coupons. Coupons you get free every day anyway.

Edited by ksix

Members
5,021 posts
2,957 battles

My last 3 supercontainers were all flags. 200 +1/0.5% fire flags and 100 -5% consumable reload flags. Preaching to the choir, complete disappointments.