Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Invisible AP

10 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles

Lately I have been noticing that it can be impossible to track my longer range AP shots to target to see how to adjust my aim. Even the splashes (which may be mine) are hard to see depending on lighting conditions. Strangely I can often see the AP rounds of allies much better at the same target. Is there a setting that makes the shells more visible against bright water?

[HINON]
Members
8,878 posts

I use a mod that makes the colors more distinct because against certain backgrounds its really hard to visualize. There are a number of tracer options in aslains modpack.

[SALVO]
Members
16,730 posts
17,314 battles
33 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Lately I have been noticing that it can be impossible to track my longer range AP shots to target to see how to adjust my aim. Even the splashes (which may be mine) are hard to see depending on lighting conditions. Strangely I can often see the AP rounds of allies much better at the same target. Is there a setting that makes the shells more visible against bright water?

I've noticed that if I turn my view away from my target (after firing) but return before my shells land, often it seems like I can't pick up my shells or their tracers any longer.  As for telling which shell splashes are yours or a team mates, there really isn't any way to tell, particularly if there are inbound volleys from more than one friendly landing at the same time.

It might be interesting if the devs could make a change to shell splashes that causes all of your own shell splashes to appear in a different color, while all other splashes were normal.  IRL, if I remember correctly, navies would add different color dyes to the shells of different ships so that those ships could differentiate between their shell splashes and those of other friendly ships.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I've noticed that if I turn my view away from my target (after firing) but return before my shells land, often it seems like I can't pick up my shells or their tracers any longer. 

Very much what I have been experiencing. The only alternative is to never look away from the gun sight, which is BAD and I can still lose sight of the shells. I was hoping there was an in-game solution. Hate to have to add a mod every time there is an update but if that is the only solution...

Guess I could use that Stop Light mod too.

[RKLES]
Members
7,118 posts
8,767 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Very much what I have been experiencing. The only alternative is to never look away from the gun sight, which is BAD and I can still lose sight of the shells. I was hoping there was an in-game solution. Hate to have to add a mod every time there is an update but if that is the only solution...

Guess I could use that Stop Light mod too.

Other option is to tap the Z key so you can follow the shells, but akso has the slight risk of not watching your ship, but handy to see roughly how your shells were flying. Or I often will swift back and forth between binocular view if really long range shot to see how the shells are landing which has benefits of keeping better eye on your ship and getting to see how shells landed, but timing needs to be right.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
703 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Hate to have to add a mod every time there is an update but if that is the only solution...

I had the same issue. I've been using the WoWS Modstation for a while now and am happy with it. Has the advantage of being supported by the WoWS team here and is very easy to update after a patch drops. Just run the executable from your desktop and it will auto-update. It remembers your prior settings, has lots of aesthetic and functions, and I consider it pretty indispensable at this point.

Modstation Primer Video #1

Modstation Primer Video #2

Respects,

Am

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
28 minutes ago, Amracil said:

I had the same issue. I've been using the WoWS Modstation for a while now and am happy with it. Has the advantage of being supported by the WoWS team here and is very easy to update after a patch drops. Just run the executable from your desktop and it will auto-update. It remembers your prior settings, has lots of aesthetic and functions, and I consider it pretty indispensable at this point.

Aslain's also does all of that whenever there's an update, the only difference being you'll have to physically click a download link when it does find an update available. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles
6 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

just lately? ive had this problem for years....

I have noticed the problem before. Just seems worse with my Alsace for some reason. Probably because instead of nice tight, bright cluster of rounds, they are scattered all over the scope.

Members
17,849 posts
5,099 battles
18 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

just lately? ive had this problem for years....

Yeah. Strait map, looking west, is terrible for me...

I did fix it before with fog remover mod from Aslain's, but I haven't bothered with mods for awhile, and wasn't getting that map much anyway.

Of course, now playing Ranked Jr.....

Sign in to follow this