You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

Terror in the Deep - Always start on same side?

15 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
Members
190 posts
3,117 battles

Has anyone else found that they start on the same side for this mission, every single time?  I've done the mission enough times to be halfway done with the Killer Whale mission, and also did it a ton on the PTS..and I have always, 100% of the time, spawned to the north.

Coincidence or something else?

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[WOLFB]
Members
419 posts
3,639 battles

very interesting... my initial response was 'no, I've spawned on both sides' but then I realized I'm remembering some PTS games.

So just on the live server: I do believe the 7 or so games I played were all Southern spawns. If it should be 50/50 then 7 in a row will only happen with 1 in 128 odds. I wish I got Super Containers with that kind of luck.

----------------

P.S. -- What's more unbelievable and statistically amazing: every single game I've ever played in World of Warships I was on the Green Team !!!!!!

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles

People are talking about it and it simply isn't true. If it was true what happens when 4 players that have spawned on the same side every game they have played get in the same battle?? 

For the record, I spawned my first 3 games in the same spot but have spawned in different spots and sides since then. 

[OPG]
Supertester
1,887 posts
10,001 battles

Played 4 times so far and am 2 North and 2 south, so.... no not on my end.  Perhaps just bad luck or perhaps player specific?

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles

I've played a fair number of the sub operation and I always spawn south.  Not always in the same spot south, but always in the south.  Weird.

[P2W]
Members
688 posts

I played several matches last night and it was about a 4 or 5 south and about 3 north on spawn. It wasn't an even spread but random enough.

[-DOG-]
Members
190 posts
3,117 battles

I have no idea...its just weird.  As of the initial post till now, 4 matches, all north.  I have never started south.    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[ARGSY]
Members
5,819 posts
3,974 battles
45 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Has anyone else found that they start on the same side for this mission, every single time? 

No. On Thursday I spawned uniformly on the left-side group, on Friday uniformly on the right.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,099 posts
9,218 battles

I have been on both sides. Feels like North for me was most common but I did not track it.

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,312 battles

I've been spawning on different sides.

Couple games in a row on the south, another couple in a row to the north, then a mix.

[A_51]
Members
207 posts
12,672 battles

I also have app. 25,000 base experience accumulated in subs, and I find that I start on the lower/eastern part of the map at least 80% of the time.  It might be even higher.  I have no clue why this would be happening.

[SFBBW]
Members
155 posts
9,630 battles

it is completly random but there are time were you will spawn on the same location. and if you division you might spawn on opposite sides.

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,597 battles

ive always spawned south , on the pts i did spawn on both sides.  yesterday in battle someone said it was there first time on the north side  so i figured it to be random like the loot crates . 

[BUNNY]
Members
60 posts
955 battles

I had that too.  Only ever spawned on the same side at least a dozen times in a row, probably more.  Then I suddenly switched to always spawning on the other side.