You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_LoneWolf13_

Captains Name.

15 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
787 posts
4,736 battles

There... is, but it takes digging in to game files.  

You have a captain named Daniel Radcliffe?  With the exception of a few "special" commanders, all of the names are generated when the Captain is "recruited."  Didn't know that was even in the rotation.

-R

[WOLF9]
Members
35 posts
3,367 battles
43 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

There... is, but it takes digging in to game files.  

You have a captain named Daniel Radcliffe?  With the exception of a few "special" commanders, all of the names are generated when the Captain is "recruited."  Didn't know that was even in the rotation.

-R

Can you provide direction on how to ‘dig into the game files’?  I have 2 US captains with the same name and it would be less confusing if I could change one.

Thanks!

[O_O]
Members
787 posts
4,736 battles
Just now, Purple_Dawn said:

Can you provide direction on how to ‘dig into the game files’?  I have 2 US captains with the same name and it would be less confusing if I could change one.

Thanks!

Going to take a good second.  It has been a long while since I saw the post which explained it.  Basically going in and decompiling things and finding, opening and editing a large text file.

-R

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,569 battles

At the very least, it would be nice if the game recognize your captains names and took those out of rotation. At one point I had three captains named Michael Powers, or something like that.

[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles

Except for a few special captains, I rarely pay attention to the names of my captains. Some of them, I just renamed as their pic in my head; Space Lizard, ARP Bear, Fishy, etc.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 hour ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

IS there a way to change my captains name. I dont want my captain to be called Daniel Radcliffe.

Ben Dover, Al Cohol , Seymore Butts, Mike....I even have the class to not finish that one...…..

Those would all be good replacement names.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
13 minutes ago, Purple_Dawn said:

Thanks!

You can’t.  If the two have identical names and are not unique case like Yamamoto, you can only change first or last name for both at the same time.  So they will still retain same names even if you keep changing them.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles
1 hour ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

IS there a way to change my captains name. I dont want my captain to be called Daniel Radcliffe.

Clicking the small, circular icon below the Commander name in the recruitment window gives players the option to randomly generate a new name and portrait for their commander.  <---from the wiki

Though every time I recruit a commander alongside purchasing a ship, I've never had that option. So I recommend, purchasing the ship without a commander, and then recruiting the commander afterwards.

However, once the commander is recruited, the only way to change the name is to dig through game files, and modify them. Doing so will require you to dig into game files and modify them, every single update.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,509 posts
7,398 battles
52 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Clicking the small, circular icon below the Commander name in the recruitment window gives players the option to randomly generate a new name and portrait for their commander.  <---from the wiki

Though every time I recruit a commander alongside purchasing a ship, I've never had that option. So I recommend, purchasing the ship without a commander, and then recruiting the commander afterwards.

However, once the commander is recruited, the only way to change the name is to dig through game files, and modify them. Doing so will require you to dig into game files and modify them, every single update.

This^^ is the way I do it. Purchese the ship without a commander, then recruit one.   It takes awhile to cycle through the names, for sure.

Members
1,552 posts
9,841 battles

How do you change the name? I want to change my captain's name to "Stinky Poopoo" 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

How do you change the name? I want to change my captain's name to "Stinky Poopoo" 

I want to change my captain's name to "Monkey D. Luffy":Smile_veryhappy: