You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LordBerk

A billion credit (something)...?

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
111 posts
5,235 battles

One draw of playing pixel games is to have a nigh impossible goal. Guess others call it a grind. Not that this will ever happen but if they released a mod, perma camo, flag or something purchasable by an obscene amount of credits what would you like to see?

Me, I'd like to see a flag with SOME kind of bonus hell even +5% to credits earned, (which would never make up for the cash to get it, but nvm that) but something for that second flag slot we now have on many of our ships.

And no I don't have a MO.

What say you?

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,979 battles

Could be used as another avenue for high tier premium ship purchases, or perhaps permanent camos with some kind of XP or credit bonus.  Not a bad idea.

Members
190 posts
3,158 battles

Put in an absurdly low conversion rate from credits to doubloons, coal and steel.  Call it a day.  Will never happen, even though plenty of more legitimate F2P games have done it and still been able to stay afloat (I've played a few that allowed VIP access for free, just by converting currencies to the premium currency - and their VIP was more useful).

[TDD]
Members
886 posts
7,911 battles

never happen they make very little money off credit purchases as almost nobody in their right mind spends doubloons for credits.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

just another sleazy attempt at pay to win!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles
11 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

never happen they make very little money off credit purchases as almost nobody in their right mind spends doubloons for credits.

But if they allowed spending credits for doubloons...?

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
253 posts
14,842 battles

have over 800 million of silver, with witch I have nothing to spend it on...wish they would come out with a Free silver ship or allow for donations to someone that struggles with silver.

[TDD]
Members
886 posts
7,911 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

But if they allowed spending credits for doubloons...?

well with as much other stupid things WG is implementing i really wouldn't be surprised....

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,090 battles

There is one flag that has some bonuses. 

Military Month Contributer 

Has +5% XP, +5% Commander XP, and +5% credits. 

But WG has said that they will not do that again. 

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
37 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

have over 800 million of silver, with witch I have nothing to spend it on...wish they would come out with a Free silver ship or allow for donations to someone that struggles with silver.

all of the tier nines you by passed could be purchased and eat up a good 300mill. Trust me, the Ibuki is in a class by itself. well worth the 25mill investment.

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,093 battles

I completely agree that the game needs some sort of credit sink, be it a special premium ship in the Arsenal, permanent camo, or a currency conversion program. 

[OPG]
Supertester
1,888 posts
10,013 battles

Indeed, at least FXP can be dumped into commanders and Elite XP can be converted to FXP.   Credits once accumulated without anything to buy are pointless and just collect indefinitely.

Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles
1 hour ago, shoy07 said:

gibs me dat.

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,509 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Put in an absurdly low conversion rate from credits to doubloons, coal and steel.  Call it a day.  Will never happen, even though plenty of more legitimate F2P games have done it and still been able to stay afloat (I've played a few that allowed VIP access for free, just by converting currencies to the premium currency - and their VIP was more useful).

I'd be perfectly fine trading like 50k credits for a single doubloon or so.  I have a few hundred million credits I have no use for.

Members
1,540 posts
697 battles
19 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

I'd be perfectly fine trading like 50k credits for a single doubloon or so.  I have a few hundred million credits I have no use for.

I don't have nearly that many credit (15 mil) and I would do that.

Which is probably why WG won't go for it.

Alpha Tester
116 posts
1,486 battles

Military Month Contributor+ Alpha flag and you are good to go!

Military Month Contributor= +5% XP earned in battle, +5% credits and +5% Commander XP

Alpha Flag= +5% Commander  XP and +5% XP earned in battle

[S0L0]
Members
855 posts
4,695 battles

Shiny silver colored camouflage with +333% commander XP. Call it Type-1000...

Matt