You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

68 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Members
6 posts
5,235 battles

Well, it seems that the upcoming armor changes are going to impact all ships with a torpedo belt.  Pens on the belt are now guaranteed to do 10% damage regardless of it penning the belt armor.  The impacted ships include and are not limited to:
https://m.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2204959589830376

• USS Alabama and USS Massachusetts
  • USS Iowa and USS Missouri
  • USS Arizona
  • IJN Yamato and IJN Musashi (Less than others since the belt is below the waterline)
  • Dunkerque
  • Almost all Pre T6 Tech Tree BBs (Exclusions are South Carolina, Turrenne, Courbet, Nassau, Konig, Kawachi, and Myogi)
  • Most ships with a Turtleback armor design (French High Tier BBs)
  • T6+ Japanese Cruisers
  • T8+ German Cruisers
  • T10 Cruiser Henri IV

For more info, go see Little White Mouse's post on the topic

Edited by Gamebird
Adding a more informed source
  • Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
906 posts
1,282 battles
14 minutes ago, Gamebird said:

All Pre T6 Tech Tree BBs

Not quite.  South Carolina, Turrenne, Courbet, Nassau, Konig, Kawachi, and Myogi don't have external TDS bulges IIRC.

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts

It's in ST which does not mean that it will necessarily go to live. Let's wait and see before we panic. I think this change is unlikely to make it into the main game due to the silly effects it is going to have.

• Cool 2

[TASH]
Members
6 posts
5,235 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

Not quite.  South Carolina, Turrenne, Courbet, Nassau, Konig, Kawachi, and Myogi don't have external TDS bulges IIRC.

I'll be sure to fix the post. 

[RNG]
Beta Testers
90 posts
3,119 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's in ST which does not mean that it will necessarily go to live. Let's wait and see before we panic. I think this change is unlikely to make it into the main game due to the silly effects it is going to have.

These are on the PTS for 7.11... I wouldn’t be so confident they aren’t coming to live.

check LWMs post if you want to see details of what it actually means to gameplay

Members
2,905 posts
1,365 battles

Changes like these, which only affect a certain part of a ship line or class are the worst. 

And its almost funny how on one hand they are stopping double dipping for DDs but for this change, they will reintroduce double dipping, cuz if you pen the TDS, get 10%, but then if you also pen the belt, you get TDS+belt pen.....

Changes like this dont even surprise me.  WG has tons of completely backwards mechanics in their game.  TdS which is spaced armor, now works against you, where less armor is better....

The best ship in this game would be a BB(so it gets RP) with 18" guns, firing British HE, 2mm of well sloping armor for the overpen factor, no TDS, so that doesnt get penned...

Edited by KnightFandragon
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles

my schanrhorst is getting a buff,dunkerque is getting more nerf,my alabama only bounce shells with the bow armor so nothing changed for her.

[LANCE]
Members
296 posts
3,107 battles
46 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

my schanrhorst is getting a buff,dunkerque is getting more nerf,my alabama only bounce shells with the bow armor so nothing changed for her.

Scharnhorst getting a buff (happy face). What is the buff?

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,916 battles
1 hour ago, Bravo4zero said:

Scharnhorst getting a buff (happy face). What is the buff?

Torpedo bulge is well below the waterline, so it won't be affected from that.  The secondaries and main battery will be able to more reliably deal damage to other ships now is my guess.

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
959 posts
6,385 battles

Nerfing BBs into oblivion. Good job WG! 

When they're all gone from the matches DDs will just have more radar cruisers to face. 

[UFFA]
Members
601 posts
35 battles
39 minutes ago, SteeLeviathan said:

Wargames, stop making it harder  to play my Henri.

Engine boost spamming on the backline is the desired play style by Lesta?

[PWH]
Members
80 posts
4,796 battles
1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

Engine boost spamming on the backline is the desired play style by Lesta?

Well thats how you mostly start, but if you manage to survive to the late game, that is where it can begin to stand out with its flanking moves. Also its armor might be weak but it can punish any ship that dares to show its side. 

[UFFA]
Members
601 posts
35 battles
17 minutes ago, SteeLeviathan said:

Well thats how you mostly start, but if you manage to survive to the late game, that is where it can begin to stand out with its flanking moves. Also its armor might be weak but it can punish any ship that dares to show its side. 

Catching out a tier VIII battleship with the booster at the ready can be quite delicious. 

[PWH]
Members
80 posts
4,796 battles
1 minute ago, Sparviero said:

Catching out a tier VIII battleship with the booster at the ready can be quite delicious. 

Catching out tier X battleships with booster can be deadly. It can easily reduce a Yami from full health to half if it shows its cheek to you at 10km. 

[UFFA]
Members
601 posts
35 battles
1 hour ago, SteeLeviathan said:

Catching out tier X battleships with booster can be deadly. It can easily reduce a Yami from full health to half if it shows its cheek to you at 10km. 

That cheek is magnet even Roma's rifles aim true. :cap_haloween:

Members
1,501 posts
7,449 battles
17 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

Changes like these, which only affect a certain part of a ship line or class are the worst. 

And its almost funny how on one hand they are stopping double dipping for DDs but for this change, they will reintroduce double dipping, cuz if you pen the TDS, get 10%, but then if you also pen the belt, you get TDS+belt pen.....

Changes like this dont even surprise me.  WG has tons of completely backwards mechanics in their game.  TdS which is spaced armor, now works against you, where less armor is better....

The best ship in this game would be a BB(so it gets RP) with 18" guns, firing British HE, 2mm of well sloping armor for the overpen factor, no TDS, so that doesnt get penned...

So true.

[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles
12 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I'd be surprised but not shocked if this goes live. However Premiums have never been immune to global changes.

Its a change that combines everything: unnecessary, stupid, and unasked for. A classic example of WG's utter lack of customer orientation.

Therefore we will certainly see it on the live server.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,371 battles
18 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

That is what I have heard the design of the Russian BB's will be like after this change goes live, and that was just the T7 premium  :)

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Keep nerfing battleships, please. More incentive to play cruisers!

• Bad 2

Members
2,905 posts
1,365 battles
19 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Nerfing BBs into oblivion. Good job WG! 

When they're all gone from the matches DDs will just have more radar cruisers to face. 

Yup, and DDs will be double boned, as cruisers have smaller guns that do more dmg and hit more often, killing them easier and more efficiently then BBs...DDs will still be bottom of te food chain, but no predators to kill their nemesis...

But lets keep up the BB paranoia...lets keep urging changes to convince BBs to be more and more passive...

Edited by KnightFandragon
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts

Certain BBs are a little too flexible at the moment to accommodate the varying degree of skill that represent the majority of the player base who choose this type of ship play, so I welcome something that will address this. I am just unsure that wholesale changes across a line is the way to do it, as it may affect certain ships that really do not need a nerf. I really think it is time that WG started using the stats they collect and address individual ships when it comes to changes - there aren't that many that fall outside what could be called the 'average' for the player base.

I initially worried that this type of change may encourage more BB players to be passive, but that is a pretty crap excuse as that represents the poor BB players only and there are far more good BB players than bad (and lets face it, no change will convince someone who never comes forward, to come forward (unless you start looking at gun ranges and that would kick up a S* storm!)). :Smile_honoring:

Members
2,905 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, Hiroe said:

Keep nerfing battleships, please. More incentive to play cruisers!

Yeah, the terrible way to incentivize class usage.  Instead of actually incentivizing class usage by making the class itself more appealing.  Not X sux now, so ill use Y....

• Cool 1