You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LastFour

name change?

26 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

i made the mistake of being lazy and connecting to this with Facebook am i doomed to have my real name on here and other games forever or is there a way to change it? should i just reroll ?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Submit a ticket as an irate customer. You have to change it with gold.

In AlfaTesters
1,242 posts
1,024 battles

There is a way to change your name but it costs real money/gold. If you're just playing for this game and you don't have another you can just make a new account and not log into this one again.

0 posts

Submit a ticket as an irate customer. You have to change it with gold.

The cost is right now, 2,500 gold, a decent amount, but possible if you can gather up the money needed to get the gold for it. 
  • Cool 1

0 posts

Its just as expensive as a sex change. GL

Huh... :_: 

There is a way to change your name but it costs real money/gold. If you're just playing for this game and you don't have another you can just make a new account and not log into this one again.

Indeed, that is a better way if you can do it. 

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

that stick when you connect via facebook doesn't give you the option to make a name  =(  i dont want to remake but it might be my only option

0 posts

that stick when you connect via facebook doesn't give you the option to make a name  =(  i dont want to remake but it might be my only option

I hope you are able to find a good solution that doesn't require gold, as it can be costly to some. 

Beta Testers
1,347 posts
2 battles

Actually, I believe that if your real life name is in your handle, they'll provide a courtesy name change. Pretty certain I read that somewhere in the terms of service when I name-changed.

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

the only game i have it connected to is tanks loosing that wouldnt bother me to much seing as i just started but all of you lovely people wont know me anymore lol 

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

Actually, I believe that if your real life name is in your handle, they'll provide a courtesy name change. Pretty certain I read that somewhere in the terms of service when I name-changed.

how did you go about the name change in game side or on here 

0 posts

the only game i have it connected to is tanks loosing that wouldnt bother me to much seing as i just started but all of you lovely people wont know me anymore lol 

I think its best you actually create another account, and remove your old one to avoid any further troubles. 

Members
5 posts

I think its best you actually create another account, and remove your old one to avoid any further troubles. 

ok done but it wont let me create a new topic with this account saying posting rights suspended untill the 12th at 558 am should i be worried about that

Alpha Tester
1,472 posts
1,030 battles

Contacting support will be your best bet in fixing it >.<

Members
5 posts

Contacting support will be your best bet in fixing it >.<

now to find that =/ it is going to be a long day i can feel it in my bones

[VULCN]
Beta Testers
60 posts
15,800 battles

Another option, in the event you don't want to buy gold, is to hire a lawyer and change you real name.  I'd recommend something with a lot of X's because we all know that players with a lot of X's in their names are the coolest.  And just imagine the pride you'll feel when you hear, "And this is my fiance, Jared XxSuperSailorxX."  :P

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Use support and explain that you are stuck with that username cause of facebook. I'm sure they can be understanding and let you change your username for free. Won't hurt to try

[VO_0V]
Alpha Tester
427 posts
681 battles

I wouldn't recommend creating another account right off the bat.

Send in a ticket to support https://na.wargaming.net/support/Tickets/ViewList detailing the error and your concern about having your real name as your handle.

Something like this:

Hey, I signed up for World of Warships through Facebook and when I did, there wasn't an option for me to choose the name I wanted. Instead, it defaulted to using my real name and I'm not comfortable with having my personal information being publicly displayed. I understand there's a way to change my name with money, but being that I had just signed up recently and this wasn't something I was able to change initially, I'd like to know if you can change my name on your side, or if I'd have to sign up again with a new account.

Hopefully they'll understand and accommodate you.

Good luck! :great:

Members
5 posts

Another option, in the event you don't want to buy gold, is to hire a lawyer and change you real name.  I'd recommend something with a lot of X's because we all know that players with a lot of X's in their names are the coolest.  And just imagine the pride you'll feel when you hear, "And this is my fiance, Jared XxSuperSailorxX."  :P

you sir win haha

Members
5 posts

I wouldn't recommend creating another account right off the bat.

Send in a ticket to support https://na.wargaming.net/support/Tickets/ViewList detailing the error and your concern about having your real name as your handle.

Something like this:

Hey, I signed up for World of Warships through Facebook and when I did, there wasn't an option for me to choose the name I wanted. Instead, it defaulted to using my real name and I'm not comfortable with having my personal information being publicly displayed. I understand there's a way to change my name with money, but being that I had just signed up recently and this wasn't something I was able to change initially, I'd like to know if you can change my name on your side, or if I'd have to sign up again with a new account.

Hopefully they'll understand and accommodate you.

Good luck! :great:

i did that also if they say yes i will delete this so people wont say im multi accounting or any of that 

• Cool 1

[JAJAS]
Members
2,897 posts
17,136 battles

Can someone gift me 2000 dubloons so I can change my name to Gay4Moleman?

• Meh 1

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles
59 minutes ago, legozer said:

Can someone gift me 2000 dubloons so I can change my name to Gay4Moleman?

You need 2500