You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_LoneWolf13_

50 Battle Mark.

45 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
113 battles

Hi all tonight im going to be hitting 50 battles. And i had a question how many battles does it take to master the game.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,195 posts
8,798 battles

Hundreds to thousands but what I suggest is to slow down and master each ship before moving on. It only gets harder as you level up.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Members
1,045 posts
1 hour ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Hi all tonight im going to be hitting 50 battles. And i had a question how many battles does it take to master the game.

No more training do you require, already know you that which you need.

Not really, but how could I pass up a Yoda quote?

Edited by Doombeagle
completeness
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,333 posts
11,458 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Hundreds to thousands but what I suggest is to slow down and master each ship before moving on. It only gets harder as you level up.

《This》

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,333 posts
11,458 battles

Each ship requires knowledge on how to play it effectively. 

A ship with a 10 point captain might be ok, but very good with a 14 point captain.

A ship at one tier may be a long range sniper, but the next one up a brawler.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,914 posts
3,304 battles
15 minutes ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Mastering the game, is a fools errand. Every ship, requires a different style of play, including those of the same tech-tree line. I play my Shimakaze differently from my Kagero, and my Kagero different from my Akatsuki. Though there are elements between those three ships that are similar, I have vastly different experience in each of those ships.

So focus more on learning all that you can at each tier, before progressing. I do not recommend doing what I did, and move as quickly as possible to tier 8. Take the time and play each of the three major ship types, Battleship, Cruiser, and Destroyer, up to at least tier 5, before focusing on one to push to tier 10. Give CVs a try if you wish for a true challenge, but I do not recommend touching that until the CV Rework goes live.

But most importantly, remember that this is just a game, and games are meant to be fun. If you're not having fun, it could either be "you've played too much in a short period of time" or "the ship is just not fun for you."

Good luck in your endeavor.

Side Note: next milestone should be reaching account level 15, because that is when clans become available.

• Cool 1

Members
33 posts
113 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Mastering the game, is a fools errand. Every ship, requires a different style of play, including those of the same tech-tree line. I play my Shimakaze differently from my Kagero, and my Kagero different from my Akatsuki. Though there are elements between those three ships that are similar, I have vastly different experience in each of those ships.

So focus more on learning all that you can at each tier, before progressing. I do not recommend doing what I did, and move as quickly as possible to tier 8. Take the time and play each of the three major ship types, Battleship, Cruiser, and Destroyer, up to at least tier 5, before focusing on one to push to tier 10. Give CVs a try if you wish for a true challenge, but I do not recommend touching that until the CV Rework goes live.

But most importantly, remember that this is just a game, and games are meant to be fun. If you're not having fun, it could either be "you've played too much in a short period of time" or "the ship is just not fun for you."

Good luck in your endeavor.

Side Note: next milestone should be reaching account level 15, because that is when clans become available.

im level 8 right now

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,914 posts
3,304 battles
1 minute ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

im level 8 right now

that's why I said "next milestone." Though it is possible that you could reach 100 battles, before you reach level 15.

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles
2 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

All of the battles. :Smile_veryhappy:

There are people with half my battle total who are far better than me, and there are likely people with well over 10,000 battles who aren't as good as you are now (yes, seriously).  Improving in this game is all about setting goals for yourself, learning from your inevitable mistakes, and being willing to ask for (and then accept) help where needed.  "Mastering" this game probably isn't possible, and even it were WarGaming would eventually change something around.

[PLUTO]
Members
56 posts
2,940 battles

Watch some Flamu and Notser. You'll learn a lot just from their ship reviews. 

It takes roughly 55 battles to master the game, btw.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Mastering the basics is one thing, mastering the game is another. I don't think many people master the game.

• Cool 1

[ADAPT]
Members
812 posts
12,792 battles

i still cant master the game even with thousands of battles..everyday is learning day for me.

[FML]
Members
1,633 posts
9,910 battles

No idea. I’ll let you know when I reach it...

If you have a fairly similar game in the past, you can get a pretty solid grasp in a couple of hundred battles. But you keep learning new things, new mechanics, better map positioning, and using them all on new ships that play quite differently to each other. 

Feel free to message me in-game if you would like to Division (ie, play together) - if I’m online I’m happy to help. 

Otherwise, welcome to WoWS, and good luck!!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Thirty games. Since you're already past that number, for the purposes of posting in the forums, you are now a master. :cap_cool:

They have a test somewhere around here you can take to earn your Masters in WoWS degree too... I know I've seen it but honestly, I can't find the link... :cap_haloween:

I passed my test but never got the diploma. :cap_viking:

/sarcasm

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,312 battles

I would say there are no 'true' masters of the game.

With new ships added every so often, changes in game play and meta, even if you have over 5,000 battles or more under your belt, I'd say there is always something new to learn and master.

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,309 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

About as long as it takes to master golf.

..and I should know, been playing it for a lifetime and still can't score consistently below 90!!

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
56 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

About as long as it takes to master golf.

ah a few practice swings, couple of 5 foot puts on the tee box, grip it and rip it.. On to another score of 106 for me, including 7 mulligans, a few winter rules interpretations not taking additional strokes for water hazards.

• Funny 1

[KWRCN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
5,522 battles

Mastery is too much of a blanket statement for me, as there is always something you can focus on to fix in your play, let alone all the new ships that come out that play significantly differently from prior content.

That being said, between closed beta, beta, and live, I would say I felt like I was pretty good at around 1500 games.

[DRACS]
Members
3,357 posts
12 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Depends on the player, certainly. Some people catch on faster than others.

But for most, it can take hundreds if not thousands of games before they are considered 'good' in PVP. The general idea here is that you want to get your average solo Random Battles win rate over 50%. Once you're over 50% with at least a thousand battles under your belt, then you're considered to be more of a positive influence for your team than a negative one.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,225 posts
5,669 battles
12 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

A good rule of thumb is 50-75 battles in each ship BEFORE you move up the tech tree. It doesn't matter if you have the XP to do so....put in the time to get your 50-75 battles per ship and you will be able to contribute at T-10 when you get there.

• Cool 1

Members
33 posts
113 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

A good rule of thumb is 50-75 battles in each ship BEFORE you move up the tech tree. It doesn't matter if you have the XP to do so....put in the time to get your 50-75 battles per ship and you will be able to contribute at T-10 when you get there.

Thats what i mdoing with the south carolina

• Funny 1