Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

Just Got the Lexington. Now What?

8 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
710 posts
3,079 battles

I've already purchased the ship, with the B hull purchased, fighters unlocked, and still need free XP to unlock the torpedo and dive bombers. I decided to put a green commander at her helm. I guess the best way to go is play co-op to get the hang of things, then jump into random, as I've done with pretty much every CV I've played thus far.

Thoughts?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
166 posts
8,138 battles

Lexington should be a change in experience since she is the first to have access to new bombs. As a ship, she is awesome. In terms of air performance, it's going to be difficulty since you're up against Enterprise, Graf Zeppelin, and maybe Shokaku (she tends to have an edge).

Edit: Not sure why someone would down vote you for such a neutral post. Since I've rarely seen anything positive from the forum for a while, I gave you a +1 :)

Edited by AdmiralHattori

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts
1 hour ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Just Got the Lexington. Now What?

Wait for the rework and umm profit?

[BZERK]
Members
710 posts
3,079 battles

I played a game with AP bombs and liked them. I'm thinking of equipping HE bombs, just to make getting the Halsey mission for "set on fire" ribbons easier.

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles

Only play AP bombers and only play Co Op with it.  It’s fun but I wouldn’t dare take it into Randoms.

[BZERK]
Members
710 posts
3,079 battles

My game plan is as follows: Get the upgraded torpedo bombers, then get my captain up to snuff. Once I do that, it's on to random battles. While I'm at it, which battleships are most vulnerable to taking AP damage? Germans, I guess. 

[FTH]
Members
156 posts
10,660 battles

I'd go for the AP dive bombers first...especially being T8 where you can see T6 and 7 on occasion...I've seen them do more damage than the torp planes do, and since the torp planes are a tier lower and consequently slower, they don't last as long.

Sign in to follow this