Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Elite Captain's

22 comments in this topic

Members
172 posts
1,591 battles

I was thinking about this feature and how it short changes the Captain of his total training.

An Admiral of the Navy has Knowledge of all ships and their workings and intended  uses.

In World of Warships it seems that all the acquired knowledge is forgotten when reassigned. This is wrong on so many levels ( Money is WG's reason )

I propose once a Level 19 rank is achieved the captain needs 100/1000 ( WG discretion ) battles as a rank 19 to become premium status ( BB to BB ok...BB to CA CL DD CV retraining required vice versa )

( BB captain can switch to any BB in his national line),(( Same for All other type ships.19 rank CA to any other CA in his line, DD rank 19 any other DD in his national line.) No Charge! ( Skill realignment/or ship type still has cost )

Just a Thought not a demand.

• Cool 5

[WPP]
Members
458 posts
5,123 battles
7 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Just a Thought not a demand.

They would lose sooooo much money on that! :D
I got my 3rd 19-pointer last night and if I could use those 3 in any ship in their nation I would no longer need most of my other captain.  Personally, I like the system they have now (have you played Tanks?  Jesus that crew system is a nightmare compared to this game's) and I see it that you have these captains who are so experienced they have nothing left to learn and now it's their turn to help train the fleet.  As it is my 3 19-point captains have access to 12 ships because of their native ships and 9 other premiums (mostly free) I've picked up.

I always like the idea of giving game systems more depth and realism, but this is one of the best elements of the game compared to other similar games.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,572 posts
3,740 battles

Could change it where it gives the ability to fly the admiral's flag on the ship provides a bonus similar to military month contributor in the form of +10% to free xp/commander.

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles

I can't see WG going for this.  It could possibly cut into their doubloon sales of captains didn't need to retrain to switch between different tech tree ships.

What I've suggested along these lines is a bit different.  

My suggestion was that after you reached 19 skill points (or possibly after earning another 400-500k XP beyond the 19th skill point), there'd be a set of super-skills, or perhaps calling them elite skills might be a better name.  You'd only be able to pick one of these "elite skills".  I could see elite skills going in a number of directions.

Direction A:  Make the Elite skills be similar to the epic signal flags.  One skill might give a bonus to credit earning.  Another might be a bonus to Elite Commander XP earning.  And so on.

Direction B:  Make the Elite skills be very ship type related.  Maybe have 1 or 2 Elite skill choices per ship type.  These skills might not be strictly limited to ship types, but they could be, shall I say, very much designed with each ship type in mind.  For example, there might be a gun reload skill that only worked for main guns of 11" or larger.  Obviously, that would limit it to BBs and a select few cruisers.

Anyways, that's my idea for "beyond 19 point" captains.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
459 posts
961 battles

How about in World of Tanks where you can check the box on elite and premium tanks to have the tank XP convert to crew XP when earned instead of XP that is stuck on the tank until you spend gold to move it?  WG is losing conversion money there, so why not in WoWS?

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles
3 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

How about in World of Tanks where you can check the box on elite and premium tanks to have the tank XP convert to crew XP when earned instead of XP that is stuck on the tank until you spend gold to move it?  WG is losing conversion money there, so why not in WoWS?

It does become "crew" experience that is available to any other Commander automatically when the Commander reaches 19 points (Elite XP).  Of course, WOWS does not have a ship's crew as WOT does, so I think that is as close as it can come.  It is actually better because in WOT the crew experience stays on the crew member that is in the vehicle when earned.  While, in WOWS, you can use it for any Commander of any nation.  (Conversion of ship XP to Free XP is usually considered to be one of WOWS major cash streams, too.  Would hate to see the lights dimmed...)

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
57 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I propose once a Level 19 rank is achieved the captain needs 100/1000 ( WG discretion ) battles as a rank 19 to become premium status ( BB to BB ok...BB to CA CL DD CV retraining required vice versa )

Per WG discretion, you may be on to something. Rather than just elite captains XP , maybe some sort of fractional super captains points that could be accrued so that we may be able to further our favorite ships captain  past 19 points, granted it should be daunting...but   pretty cool idea.

[-WPG-]
Members
743 posts
3,145 battles

The biggest downside when suggestions such as this are brought up is that it would promote seal clubbing.  I'd love a 19 point commander on my Clemson, but even at close to 1M elite captain XP I can't bring myself to spend it on upgrading my Clemson 10 point captain. 

• Boring 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,918 posts
3,310 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Direction A:  Make the Elite skills be similar to the epic signal flags.  One skill might give a bonus to credit earning.  Another might be a bonus to Elite Commander XP earning.  And so on.

So a skill that doesn't change ship stats, but instead the earnings of the ship said commander is on?

So long as it is limited to one of the following:

1. -5% Post Battle Service Cost
  2. +5% Credits Earned
  3. +100 coal per draw/loss, +500 coal on victory... <---then again, maybe not the best idea that one is--->

I suggest this limitation, because I do not think an Elite Commander should earn more experience than a non-elite commander, but being able to earn more credits or reduce service cost, or that "maybe not best idea" coal, is a different matter entirely.

But I like that, because it won't make a 19-point commander more op than it already is.

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
20 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

So a skill that doesn't change ship stats, but instead the earnings of the ship said commander is on?

So long as it is limited to one of the following:

1. -5% Post Battle Service Cost
  2. +5% Credits Earned
  3. +100 coal per draw/loss, +500 coal on victory... <---then again, maybe not the best idea that one is--->

I suggest this limitation, because I do not think an Elite Commander should earn more experience than a non-elite commander, but being able to earn more credits or reduce service cost, or that "maybe not best idea" coal, is a different matter entirely.

But I like that, because it won't make a 19-point commander more op than it already is.

A possibly interesting idea might be for an Elite Skill that gives a small bonus percentage bump to Commander XP to everyone on your team.  You are an Elite Admiral, after all.  :cap_cool:

Members
172 posts
1,591 battles
31 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

The biggest downside when suggestions such as this are brought up is that it would promote seal clubbing.  I'd love a 19 point commander on my Clemson, but even at close to 1M elite captain XP I can't bring myself to spend it on upgrading my Clemson 10 point captain. 

I don't have any desire to place a 19 pt captain on anything lower than tier 5 for apparent reasons.

#1 being 19 pts for a ship lower than tier 5 is a waste of experience time and effort. Unless you like wasting all of that. (Seal Clubbing is not a choice of real players,just stat [edited])

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
53 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I don't have any desire to place a 19 pt captain on anything lower than tier 5 for apparent reasons.

#1 being 19 pts for a ship lower than tier 5 is a waste of experience time and effort. Unless you like wasting all of that. (Seal Clubbing is not a choice of real players,just stat [edited])

Oh really?  One can't enjoy playing one's low tier premium ships for fear of being called stat padding seal clubber?  Gimme a break.

Members
172 posts
1,591 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh really?  One can't enjoy playing one's low tier premium ships for fear of being called stat padding seal clubber?  Gimme a break.

If that is what you do then yes you are a stat padding seal clubber. No break given

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,918 posts
3,310 battles
5 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

If that is what you do then yes you are a stat padding seal clubber. No break given

So it doesn't matter that someone finds a low tier ship fun to play?

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
8 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I don't happen to play my low tier premiums much these days.  Not because of idiotic assertions like you just made, but because tier 4 and below ships don't count for all the various daily missions and I don't like wasting my time playing ships, no matter how much fun I find them, when I can't get credit on missions for doing so.

As for your accusation that playing low tier premiums makes one a seal clubber, go to hell.  I'll play whatever ships I enjoy playing.  Why don't you stop being an elitist stat ho.

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
3 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

So it doesn't matter that someone finds a low tier ship fun to play?

Meh, don't pay attention to this elitist stat ho.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,918 posts
3,310 battles
13 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

It seems I have touched a nerve of the stat padding seal clubber

you've touched a nerve with a lot of people, he's just being more vocal about it.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
475 posts
5,455 battles

I can agree with having more flexibility with 19pt captains, but I'd go about it differently.

If I trained a captain and kept him in German BBs for example, I should be able to put that captain back in any ship that came before. It always seemed odd to me that a captain could max out and gradually move up the tiers but suddenly forget everything before it? That kind of progression is logical. Taking a 19pt DD captain and reassigning him to a BB should require retraining, but I should be able to drop my Kurfurst captain in my Konig if that's the line it started on. Probably never happen but hey I can hope right? 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
459 posts
961 battles
6 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

It does become "crew" experience that is available to any other Commander automatically when the Commander reaches 19 points (Elite XP).  Of course, WOWS does not have a ship's crew as WOT does, so I think that is as close as it can come.  It is actually better because in WOT the crew experience stays on the crew member that is in the vehicle when earned.  While, in WOWS, you can use it for any Commander of any nation.  (Conversion of ship XP to Free XP is usually considered to be one of WOWS major cash streams, too.  Would hate to see the lights dimmed...)

True, but given how long it takes to get a commander to 19 points before it can spit out elite XP for other commanders versus how much less time it takes to elite a tank and then have it feed XP back to the crew, I think I'd prefer the WoT method, as I tend to leave my ship captains for T5 and up in their original ship rather than move them up...especially when events call for T5 and up ships.  Actually, come to think of it, the WoWS method of elite commander XP would work better for me in WoT, as I and I'm sure many others don't keep as many of the tanks as they progress up the line, so it's the crew that is the constant and is more likely to reach full skills before any of my WoWS captains.

Sign in to follow this