Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Slimez7777

Manual AA Rework?

Manual AA Rework?  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Manual AA Get A Rework

    • Yes
      6
    • No
      3
    • Doesn't Matter
      3

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[LGND]
[LGND]
Members
1 post
699 battles

When the carrier rework comes out a manual AA Rework is needed it would help balance the game... if you are being attacked by a ton of aircraft take control of ur AA and shoot them down urself but you would have no control of ur main guns unless your main guns are dual purpose.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles
6 minutes ago, Slimez7777 said:

When the carrier rework comes out a manual AA Rework is needed it would help balance the game... if you are being attacked by a ton of aircraft take control of ur AA and shoot them down urself but you would have no control of ur main guns unless your main guns are dual purpose.

There IS an AA rework coming with the carrier rework. If you press ~ key, you can choose which side of the ship to focus AA on. The side you select gets a boost to AA power, the other unselected side loses a bit of AA power. This system does sound fun to me, but I will be rebinding the key as soon as it goes live, as I don't want to press ~ every time I try to adjust my AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,749
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,327 posts
3,646 battles
3 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

There IS an AA rework coming with the carrier rework. If you press ~ key, you can choose which side of the ship to focus AA on. The side you select gets a boost to AA power, the other unselected side loses a bit of AA power. This system does sound fun to me, but I will be rebinding the key as soon as it goes live, as I don't want to press ~ every time I try to adjust my AA.

The O key also does the same as tilde in default settings.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

The O key also does the same as tilde in default settings.

Oh, thats nice. Still probably rebinding it to G or something.

EDIT: Thanks, BTW

Edited by AtlanticRim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,579
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,578 posts
14,010 battles

Considering many players cannot even hit a surface ship going 35kts, 40kts, 45kts, 50kts, I have immense doubts the typical WoWS player can reliably hit aircraft flying 151kts-161kts if it all came down to manually controlling one's AA guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,749
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,327 posts
3,646 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Considering many players cannot even hit a surface ship going 35kts, 40kts, 45kts, 50kts, I have immense doubts the typical WoWS player can reliably hit aircraft flying 151kts-161kts if it all came down to manually controlling one's AA guns.

Pretty sure the OP meant the current control-click method of selecting a squad to shoot at...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,579
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,578 posts
14,010 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Pretty sure the OP meant the current control-click method of selecting a squad to shoot at...

He's talking about taking manual control of the guns and going pew-pew pulling the trigger.

 

Anyways, I trust the system will get worked on.  They're just sorting out CV controls still.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,749
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,327 posts
3,646 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

He's talking about taking manual control of the guns and going pew-pew pulling the trigger.

 

Anyways, I trust the system will get worked on.  They're just sorting out CV controls still.

I sit corrected. Yea that won't ever work. Not because of accuracy concerns but because it distracts you from your main job of damaging ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
293
[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles

Having played the rework, I don't think the sector based AA system is going to go live. It's way too easy to game the system by edge riding the map, the lack of a forward or rear sector means active maneuvering to avoid damage is out, and the bonus stacking effects mean that divisions or competitive teams can create a 360 degree flakwall with no real weaknesses.

Interesting but fundamentally flawed idea.

 

Matt

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
1 hour ago, AtlanticRim said:

There IS an AA rework coming with the carrier rework. If you press ~ key, you can choose which side of the ship to focus AA on. The side you select gets a boost to AA power, the other unselected side loses a bit of AA power. This system does sound fun to me, but I will be rebinding the key as soon as it goes live, as I don't want to press ~ every time I try to adjust my AA.

THIS.

Nothing about the control settup even suggested such was possible.

Knowing various different things existed, and having nothing indicating how they worked, is yet another reason why I found ZERO enjoyment during the carrier rework test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,965
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,724 posts
7,354 battles

As of right now, the CV rework is very much a WiP, we don't even know if it'll go live. If it does then everything related will be reworked as well. I highly doubt your idea makes it in there, the average player simply can't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,394 posts
5,421 battles

I think this can be done in a very simplified way as other games have done.   Kinda like a tank game.  You have your main gun and fired by the left mouse button (LMB) and the right mouse button (RMB) fires the machine gun. Okay in this case the LMB fires the main gun on your ship and now the (RMB) fires the AA. The deal with that idea is that you would need a toggle switch that shunts between MAIN gun and AA.   Also I am thinking for those who can't handle this - make it also automatic AA just as it is now.  

For the BB driver it would afford them 28 sec of AA sky cancer of fire and then 2 sec to fire main guns..would stay busy I suppose...

Edited by dionkraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87
[O_O]
Members
665 posts
6,048 battles

if the CV get the rework...correct me if i'm wrong....the AAs on all ships will all be autonomous and will light up the skies with tracers and flak when any planes come in to AA ranges of the ship.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[KAPPA]
Members
144 posts
4,220 battles
5 hours ago, dionkraft said:

I think this can be done in a very simplified way as other games have done.   Kinda like a tank game.  You have your main gun and fired by the left mouse button (LMB) and the right mouse button (RMB) fires the machine gun. Okay in this case the LMB fires the main gun on your ship and now the (RMB) fires the AA. The deal with that idea is that you would need a toggle switch that shunts between MAIN gun and AA.   Also I am thinking for those who can't handle this - make it also automatic AA just as it is now.  

For the BB driver it would afford them 28 sec of AA sky cancer of fire and then 2 sec to fire main guns..would stay busy I suppose...

Save that M2 already controls turret locking. It'd just be easier to have it work like switching to torps, thus sticking it on 4 or the like. And with new CV not being an RTS, you'd have the 4 key freed up to use on everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×