Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
APA_204

Mini Sprint Season Two rant

24 comments in this topic

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

Played one game. Lack the Moxie to play any more.. Granted I will but, my top three quickie suggestions:

1) Change the tier, we just did this.

2) Change the tier, we just did this.

3) lastly, since we just did this, if we were to change the tier it might seem fresh.

Those would be my suggestions concerning sprint ranked. I love the concept. Tier 3, or 4... I hit the tab for ranked and all the usual suspects from October showed up.

Image result for round up the usual suspects

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[BEER]
Members
100 posts
1,446 battles

I'd be interested if CVs weren't allowed, but half my ranked games had a CV captain who was apparently trying CV for the first time ever?    

Its not fun.

• Funny 1

Members
6,624 posts
25,266 battles

Agreed on the newb CV drivers. They should not be in Ranked if less than, say 100 PvP games.

• Bad 1

Members
1,165 posts
501 battles

seeing as how I made ot to rank 5 on this account (started on the last day.. LOL) and ranked out on the other.... I do not mind the madness and change from random battles with 12 players to random battles with 6.... seems easier...

[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts

It's a test of the sprint ranked and it's already really short in needed stars and timeframe. A change of tiers isnt needed yet. 

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

I just saved a star while being first blood... I got a cap... rest of team did nothing.  What does anyone really expect out of it?  Don't like it, don't play.  

B

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's a test of the sprint ranked and it's already really short in needed stars and timeframe. A change of tiers isnt needed yet. 

I can buy that. And frankly, I love the concept.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles
6 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

I just saved a star while being first blood... I got a cap... rest of team did nothing.  What does anyone really expect out of it?  Don't like it, don't play.  

B

I know, right? I didn't lose a star in the first mini season. Even in wins, the teams were way...we'll go with "worse" than usual Ranked.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,062 posts
9,185 battles

Wow I was not paying attention so season 2 is here?! OK so pretty much the same but 8 v 8 this time. OK should be able to do the whole thing this weekend. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,062 posts
9,185 battles
1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

Played one game. Lack the Moxie to play any more.. Granted I will but, my top three quickie suggestions:

3) lastly, since we just did this, if we were to change the tier it might seem fresh.

Those would be my suggestions concerning sprint ranked. I love the concept. Tier 3, or 4... I hit the tab for ranked and all the usual suspects from October showed up.

Would love to try this at tier 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

APA, like RipNuN2 said, these two Ranked Sprint seasons are tests.  I think that they're at the same tier so that the data collected between the two Sprint mini-seasons is consistent.  That is, while they're changing the number of ships for Sprint season 2, they want to keep the tier the same for the sake of data comparison.  That's what I'd do if I was running such a test.  Limit the number of variables to those things being tested.

• Cool 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

APA, like RipNuN2 said, these two Ranked Sprint seasons are tests.  I think that they're at the same tier so that the data collected between the two Sprint mini-seasons is consistent.  That is, while they're changing the number of ships for Sprint season 2, they want to keep the tier the same for the sake of data comparison.  That's what I'd do if I was running such a test.  Limit the number of variables to those things being tested.

I agree with both of you and it makes sense, I will add, my use of the word Mini, was misplaced, its a mini rant, not a rant on the mini season. I really like this, and it everyone can play.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
6 minutes ago, paradat said:

Would love to try this at tier 3

I don't know.  Tier 3 seems like it'd be too slow.  BBs aren't that much faster at tier 5, except for the Kongos and the GC.  But at tier 3, there are still a lot of cruisers that are just about as slow as the BBs.  It doesn't sound like that much fun to me.  But who knows.  I suppose a tier 3 Ranked Sprint might be doable, given how short Sprint seasons are.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
1 minute ago, APA_204 said:

I agree with both of you and it makes sense, I will add, my use of the word Mini, was misplaced, its a mini rant, not a rant on the mini season. I really like this, and it everyone can play.

Oh, I realized that your post was a "mini rant", not about "mini seasons".  No worries on that count.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,062 posts
9,185 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I don't know.  Tier 3 seems like it'd be too slow.  BBs aren't that much faster at tier 5, except for the Kongos and the GC.  But at tier 3, there are still a lot of cruisers that are just about as slow as the BBs.  It doesn't sound like that much fun to me.  But who knows.  I suppose a tier 3 Ranked Sprint might be doable, given how short Sprint seasons are.

Would be on the low tier Map which are tiny so... Battles might even be faster. Would not mind seeing the sprint format rotate thru all tiers. 

[O_O]
Members
670 posts
6,048 battles

well...isnt this what the mini-season was designed for?  to give those that don't have the higher Tier ships, in the reg season, a chance to rank up....:Smile_amazed: 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
4 hours ago, Shinnidan said:

well...isnt this what the mini-season was designed for?  to give those that don't have the higher Tier ships, in the reg season, a chance to rank up....:Smile_amazed: 

No, not really.  It was designed to try to get more players participating.  They could have just done a tier 5 regular Ranked season to accomplish that you said.  This is a test, actually a test in two parts (i.e. two seasons of Sprint).

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

I agree that it'd be nice to rotate through other tiers like tier 4, tier 3 or even tier 6.

However, IMHO, 2 tier 5s in a row is a helluva lot better than tier 10 time after time after time.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,252 battles

Its great, different feel already. With eight players the meta has changed....

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,537 battles

To be honest, I enjoyed the rank sprint 2 season. 

The T5 is still great, last sprint was a BB only sprint, this time, it was a DD only with the Minekaze. There are lots of fun ships for diverse play at T5. Even CVs have been novel in games as most have been good players that have duelled one another.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,021 posts

I enjoyed the first stage. I would have put a little more time between stages though, perhaps a week. Having them run back to back like this sort of invalidates the whole sprint concept.

[ES]
Members
153 posts
13,530 battles

Since this is a "test" lets try for once with no premiums allowed.  I mean this could just be renamed the Giulio Cesare , Kamikaze ranked season with some Okt Revolution for spice.

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,864 battles
11 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Since this is a "test" lets try for once with no premiums allowed.  I mean this could just be renamed the Giulio Cesare , Kamikaze ranked season with some Okt Revolution for spice.

Or at least preclude those ships that have been pulled for being OP.  Though TBH, in the few games I've played I haven't seen that many of the Kami sisters.  But I didn't play a lot in the first sprint, and only one or two battles so far in this one.  

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,382 posts
1,463 battles

Season 2 is definitely a little different pace I think.. the added ships seem to be changing the meta to something a little slower.   seeing more cruisers and DDs are not quite as influential.  Only 8 games in....  But I'm liking it so far..  Haven't decided about the tier yet.   I think if you went up to T7 the maps would be too small and that would require some more work.   Maybe 6?       

Sign in to follow this