You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

AFK's in rank need to be blocked from playing

63 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
466 posts
5,338 battles

5 ranked battles in a row there have been AFK's that never joined the battle. WG needs to ban these accounts from playing ranked and also give them a month of coop!

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,971 battles
14 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

5 ranked battles in a row there have been AFK's that never joined the battle. WG needs to ban these accounts from playing ranked and also give them a month of coop!

I went afk 3 times in season 9 of ranked. 

Won all 3 games

I am more help to my team when I am afk because I obviously can't do anything stupid then. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[FFLY]
Members
36 posts
11,622 battles

1. IT'S PIXLES.   2. IT'S A  GAME.  3. Have you NEVER had something in real life call you afk?  4. It's a FREE GAME.    Ohhh, there's soooo much more.  Just, work with what you have.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,305 posts
3,609 battles
5 minutes ago, Petty_Admiral said:

3. Have you NEVER had something in real life call you afk?

Play randoms then. Or you're obviously too busy for a gaming session if IRL comes calling.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,971 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

Play randoms then you knuckledragger. Or you're obviously too busy for a gaming session if IRL comes calling.

First afk in season 9 was this dandy grass fire that the environment dept had supposedly put out the day before:

IMG_20180507_183229782.thumb.jpg.c69a826d610404ac9f78b7adf4a55e50.jpg

Second afk was this lame fire that the guy should have never started: 

IMG_20180513_170709719.thumb.jpg.2ff665507278ad3f754a00079534c698.jpg

And the 3rd afk was for this nice fire that we ended up getting a helicopter helping us with:IMG_20180514_194230060_HDR.thumb.jpg.73172bc0bb9724a6f3d0ef378d6b4e6e.jpg

If I am at home I am on call every single hour of every single day. What do you suggest I do? Not play any multi-player game for the rest of my life? The fact of the matter is, I ranked out better than most of the server despite being afk for 2% of my games that season. 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 3

Beta Testers
162 posts
9,794 battles

If I am in a match and my wife comes in and wants to talk to me then she is a million times more important then a stupid little video game. If you don't understand that there are many situations that can interfere with gaming and you don't accept that as normal then you might reconsider you mental attitude. So get over it.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,305 posts
3,609 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

*snip*

Given the giant and long drawn out complaint thread from back in the day of course there are exceptions but not everyone that goes pink or AFK in ranked or even randoms is a hospital doctor, first responder, etc.

Again, if you're under threat of having to leave or you are otherwise on call there ARE other game modes you can play that would rustle less jimmies.

Or you can just be a selfish you know what and piss everyone else off.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,971 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

Given the giant and long drawn out complaint thread from back in the day of course there are exceptions but not everyone that goes pink or AFK in ranked or even randoms is a hospital doctor, first responder, etc.

Again, if you're under threat of having to leave or you are otherwise on call there ARE other game modes you can play that would rustle less jimmies.

Im not going to let the small percentage of chance tell me I should be playing coop over ranked. 

Obviously the chance of me ticking you off by going afk are pretty much slim to nil in ranked over random. 

• Cool 2

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,305 posts
3,609 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Im not going to let the small percentage of chance tell me I should be playing coop over ranked. 

Obviously the chance of me ticking you off by going afk are pretty much slim to nil in ranked over random. 

I'd me alot more miffed at the pinkers in ranked than in rando's thats for sure.

• Cool 1

Members
17,686 posts
5,084 battles
34 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I went afk 3 times in season 9 of ranked. 

Won all 3 games

I am more help to my team when I am afk because I obviously can't do anything stupid then. 

Curious, did you get your stars for the wins?

In the previous run, we were up 5-3, no way to lose, I was having a great game, 2 caps, 1v1ed and sank both enemy DDs, and this would have been my last game to rank out. I DC'ed at that point, and wasn't able to get back in by the end of the match. (router issue)

We had won, and I didn't get the star. Ended up taking 5 more games to rank out.

EDIT: nvm, you're not talking about DCs....

Edited by Skpstr

[SF-A]
Members
2,843 posts
5,547 battles

It should carry a slightly higher penalty than random games, but should follow the same punishment progression.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,971 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Curious, did you get your stars for the wins?

In the previous run, we were up 5-3, no way to lose, I was having a great game, 2 caps, 1v1ed and sank both enemy DDs, and this would have been my last game to rank out. I DC'ed at that point, and wasn't able to get back in by the end of the match. (router issue)

We had won, and I didn't get the star. Ended up taking 5 more games to rank out.

EDIT: nvm, you're not talking about DCs....

No, I leave the game up and send my ship where it likely won't get killed at least. 

[-RNG-]
Members
114 posts
7,708 battles

Simple solution, AFKer in ranked (achieve a 0 score) gets no stars in a win and loose one in a loss (maybe two) 

• Cool 2

[SSU]
Members
338 posts
3,536 battles

With tier 5 ranked battles I think afk is the least of my concerns. If I'm not dodging friendly torps I consider it a good team.

Edited by MinkeWhale
  • Funny 3

[WOLF9]
Members
1,015 posts
52 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Translation: I have lost the last five matches and need to blame someone other than myself.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,057 battles

If you can’t reasonably commit 20 minutes to the game, then don’t queue up for Ranked, it’s that simple. Stick to Randoms or Coop. Going AFK in Ranked should immediately put you into a probationary state for three days. Going AFK while on probation should ban you from Ranked for a week.  

• Bad 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,305 posts
3,609 battles
4 minutes ago, Botcha said:

Simple solution, AFKer in ranked (achieve a 0 score) gets no stars in a win and loose one in a loss (maybe two) 

That actually makes sense.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,971 battles
28 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Yes, volunteer firefighters and first responders everywhere do it out of selfishness. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

Have you ever been jonesing to play a video game and you know that your internet connection is tricky and you hope against hope that it lasts....5-10-20-minutes? Storms knock power out, internet does go down, angry wives rip cords out of computers ...

the only real way to  limit afk's is a mutli que process, like "que for battle" then after a pool of so many join, another prompt and possibly so on. Logistically, I am sure it's impossible. 

[QCM]
Members
49 posts
2,989 battles

Here is just an  idea.  If your team mate is afk, let there be absolutely NO PENALITY for pounding him into an oil slick.  It's really satisfying.  You get that "THERE...Take That!!!" feeling and revenge has been served.  I really don't think some people understand that when you are afk, you hurt the whole team by your absence.  A lot of us pay real money for flags etc. that are wasted when you lose.  The mentality, "It's JUST a game" is lame because most of us pay good money, try hard to get better and it just really honks me off when someone just blows off the battle.  And have you noticed the excuses are ALWAYS not their fault?  Folks, if you can't spare the time to contribute to a team effort, please don't log into that battle.

Now....Let's just all line up and take one shot each into that self important little buttmunch.  It's fun and WG should give us awards too....Lol.  (by the way, for you Millinnieals, that was meant as sarcastic humor, so don't get yer knickers in a wad!)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,741 battles

The never loading all the way in bug has never been completely stamped out. Most of us know to restart the game when this happens but there are people that do not know this.

[HINON]
Members
8,794 posts

Guess I should be banned for the time my neighbors shed burned down beneath the powerlines to the neighborhood causing me to afk. :cap_popcorn:

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
8,168 battles

Look OP, NO NO NO

things happen,

fires,kids,wife,dog,internet

Things happen...Report move on

• Cool 1