You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

1:10 flooding is too long for a cruiser

9 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
377 posts
10,007 battles

Flooding on a cruiser is too long for the health pool.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CUTER]
Members
683 posts
18,626 battles
27 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

And why do you feel this is the case?  Your thesis is present, your argument is completely lacking.

• Cool 2

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,807 battles

But let's think about this for a moment...

When a torpedo hits a ship, it tears a massive hole in the side, therefore letting water rush in.

This process is fast and deadly.

I personally think that flooding time is fine the way it is, and even though it sucks when you get hit, (Eg. Last night in my Gneisenau) WG has done a fairly good job of reproducing the damage dealt by a torpedo attack. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,987 posts
12,488 battles
44 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

By the way you phrased that, I'm assuming you mean to say that it's an ok length on a battleship?

Flooding does damage over time as a percentage of total HP. A full length flood on a battleship takes the same percentage of hp as on a cruiser. So it's either ok for both, or too long for both.

• Cool 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,851 posts
5,548 battles

The flat damage from the torpedo that caused the flood makes it difficult to survive a full flood, even though the damage is lower since it remains percent based.

However, with a cruiser's premium DCP reload, the occasion you take more than 60 seconds of flooding is rare (read: I'm farming an Unsinkable in a British cruiser or Salem).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

The flat damage from the torpedo that caused the flood makes it difficult to survive a full flood, even though the damage is lower since it remains percent based.

That and other ongoing damage makes flooding extremely dangerous even for BB's. That said I don't have issue with flooding as I do with fire but that is because we don't don't have ships built around spamming fire.

[ARP3]
Members
377 posts
10,007 battles

A DOT (damage over time) is a DOT. If fire was shortened, flood should too. It doesn't matter if it's snake poison, taco farts, or food poisoning, a DOT is a DOT and if fire was shortened, then flooding should too. It's the same kind of damage (DOT) with a different name and graphic.

However, you take 15K dmg from a torp, and face a 60+ second flood with no chance of survival. You can take 1K dmg from an HE shell and have a full burn fire. The variables favor less initial damage that causes the fire.

Flooding should be far less time (say 15 seconds) than fire as the initial damage that causes the flood is far higher. 

Rarely is a single fire fatal, but in almost every case in a cruiser without heal, a torpedo hit with a flood outside of damage control party is fatal.

Flooding also slows you down, making taking cover to heal or disengage near impossible, unlike fire which just has a small increase in detection, and no nerf to movement.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

Members
1,181 posts
501 battles
3 hours ago, Kongo_Pride said:

And why do you feel this is the case?  Your thesis is present, your argument is completely lacking.

3 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I found it.....

he has all of the validity about his point.... but then again.... no one really cares... but he is right..