You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

halloween containers: you may as well give me nothing

63 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
809 posts
6,162 battles

for the regular premium containers, you get either 3x halloween camo, or a perma scary camo. obviously everyone wants the perma scary camo, and are not looking for the lesser drop. it's just that the regular halloween camo are sooooooooooooooooooo useless (+100% exp camos are power creeped so much that no one wants them anymore). you may as well just say, sorry u didnt get crap, play again!

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
7,234 battles
2 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

for the regular premium containers, you get either 3x halloween camo, or a perma scary camo. obviously everyone wants the perma scary camo, and are not looking for the lesser drop. it's just that the regular halloween camo are sooooooooooooooooooo useless (+100% exp camos are power creeped so much that no one wants them anymore). you may as well just say, sorry u didnt get crap, play again!

I'll take your 100% XP camos you do not want.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,545 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I have about a thousand I'd send you if I can.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
7,234 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

I have about a thousand I'd send you if I can.

If only support would take a ticket for that. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-WPG-]
Members
720 posts
3,110 battles

I'm one who usually makes fun of those complaining about free stuff, but I have to agree these are pretty lame by wows event standards.  Both the frequency of pumpkins, as well as the rewards. At least I got 5000 free xp rolls out of a few of them. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ICOP]
Members
773 posts
3,066 battles

It has been very weird (knock on wood), not purchased any, doing the missions at my convenience, got two perm camos.  Logged in last night collected the 1st daily shipment, Mogami Camo plus the mission for the 10 pt Captain.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,498 battles

Yeah the Type 3 cams have been power-crept and supply-crept out of relevance. 

I might sell them for silver since I'm strapped. 

Edited by BlailBlerg
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Me too, if only it were possible. Sure there are better camos out there, but double the XP is double the XP, and if I'm grinding a ship heavily I'll take that any day (particularly if I'm also flying Free XP flags).

[TF-64]
Members
363 posts
12,573 battles

I'm fine with whatever they stick in it. Free camo is still free camo. Plus we get 10 oil for each pumpkin container. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,099 posts
18,616 battles

So, people complain about... free stuff you get by just playing the game?

How terrible, I'm disgusted.

Sorry that WG didn't decide to give everyone all of the premium camos just for logging in.

I still take free XP camos, even I sit on about 1500 of different styles. I use them sometimes on my non premium fav boats to get some extra XP for missions or daily container.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
8,166 battles

This is a side issue to having too many things going right now.

CV rework

Alexander whathisname

Halloween

RN event

Kitty PUrrrfurst

and so-on

with all that you should be making bank for free why worry?

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,384 battles

This is an absolute disgusting most disrespect to my RNGodness, even though she gave me no perm camo for Halloween event this year, and WoWs gave me all these free camo to use for the later ... I hate and like free stuffs at the same time. But most like the hatred took over with rage and rant on forum, give in to the dark side people

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,035 posts
9,183 battles
5 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

WG

Please donate the Dracarys rewards to the next player in the q.

Cheers

[WOLF2]
Members
1,076 posts
12,832 battles
5 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

If it's the regular containers , then it's meh at best but better than nothing?

If it's the premium and you paid for them, then you could complain I suppose … 

Add to that the removal of doubloons for duplicates and the trend for all containers, then I could see pitchforks in WG's future around Christmas time?

It is funny that while WG is using every trick up their collective sleeves to increase daily participation, they are nerfing everyone's motivation to grind for some lousy pixels

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

If it's the regular containers , then it's meh at best but better than nothing?

If it's the premium and you paid for them, then you could complain I suppose … 

Add to that the removal of doubloons for duplicates and the trend for all containers, then I could see pitchforks in WG's future around Christmas time?

It's funny that while WG is using every trick up their collective sleeves to increase daily participation, they are nerfing everyone's motivation to grind for some lousy pixels

The first Santa boxes in 2016 people complained about too many duplicates giving doubloons and not getting ships. So last Christmas WG set so that you would not get a duplicate ship if there was one out there that you did not have, so that meant less doubloons duplicates but more ships. It seems this year that there is a vocal group wanting to farm doubloons from duplicates, instead of getting a different item that you do not have yet. The player base as a whole is insane.

• Cool 4

Members
5,020 posts
2,946 battles

While they do have some worth, the containers themselves are nothing more than scams, as opening them only gives 1 of 2 things. One of them being something that loses all value once the Halloween event is over. I don't see why they don't just give you 3 camos, instead of pretending like there are other things to get, unless they're just trying to scam people into buying them.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,076 posts
12,832 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The first Santa boxes in 2016 people complained about too many duplicates giving doubloons and not getting ships. So last Christmas WG set so that you would not get a duplicate ship if there was one out there that you did not have, so that meant less doubloons duplicates but more ships. It seems this year that there is a vocal group wanting to farm doubloons from duplicates, instead of getting a different item that you do not have yet. The player base as a whole is insane.

Yeah, I'm talking about containers in general and agreed ships is what people really want most, especially around X-mas … it is a game about ships after all :)

Lately though, with other events, policies and pumpkin containers, they definitely have tightened the financial noose and put the squeeze on us all imo

Maybe it's just a case of being overly generous in the past and mismanaging expectations 

Just not feeling the love anymore - I sure hope Santa isn't afk too :)

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, goldeagle1123 said:

While they do have some worth, the containers themselves are nothing more than scams, as opening them only gives 1 of 2 things. One of them being something that loses all value once the Halloween event is over. I don't see why they don't just give you 3 camos, instead of pretending like there are other things to get, unless they're just trying to scam people into buying them.

The perma-camos you get in the Halloween pumpkins stay after the Halloween event is over. It is your perma-camo to keep. Now for ships like Tirpitz that already come with a perma-camo, it is not a big deal, except for aesthetic. But for the tech tree ships, it is a perma-camo that you don't have to buy or in the case of the T3 ships, can't buy. From the Halloween perma-camos I got last year, I will not need to buy perma-camo or use one-use camo when I get to these ships.

Benson Halloween
Kagero Halloween
Chapayev Halloween
Charles Martel Halloween
Bismarck  Halloween 
Lexington Halloween
Shokaku Halloween

These are other perma-camos I have won/earned.

Kiev 2nd Anniversary
Z-23 2nd Anniversary
Charles Martel 2nd Anniversary
New Orleans* 2nd Anniversary
Bismarck 2 Hunt the Bismarck (recently got from Arsenal crates)
Monarch 2nd Anniversary
Yamato HSF
Worcester Shark
Edinburgh 3rd Anniversary

I am mostly on T7 ships and I got the New Orleans 2nd anniversary perma-camo before the line split gave me another. I have the 2nd anniversary on the New Orleans for the extra FXP. The other perma-camos are patiently waiting for me to get those ships.

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

Yeah, I'm talking about containers in general and agreed ships is what people really want most, especially around X-mas … it is a game about ships after all :)

Lately though, with other events, policies and pumpkin containers, they definitely have tightened the financial noose and put the squeeze on us all imo

Maybe it's just a case of being overly generous in the past and mismanaging expectations 

Just not feeling the love anymore - I sure hope Santa isn't afk too :)

Could also be that they were surprised at the amount of people that farmed doubloons and want to cut back on that from the events that happen a few times a year. I'm sure they keep track of sales of all the various items and are adjusting the in-game containers so that they will not replace sales. They do have lights, servers, salaries, etc to pay. WG used to give the full price on duplicate ship doubloons until the farming from that got out of hand.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,076 posts
12,832 battles
34 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Could also be that they were surprised at the amount of people that farmed doubloons and want to cut back on that from the events that happen a few times a year. I'm sure they keep track of sales of all the various items and are adjusting the in-game containers so that they will not replace sales. They do have lights, servers, salaries, etc to pay. WG used to give the full price on duplicate ship doubloons until the farming from that got out of hand.

Yes, I have had no problem spending money in the past … 

I'm just not sure if I want to spend more in the future 

What's my motivation :)

[UFFA]
Members
523 posts
25 battles
44 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

My problem with them is they are so butt ugly. If they looked like Ocean Soul I'd love them even with no bonuses.

I think I sold them for money last year. :cap_yes:

There is going to be another round of RN destroyer crates as there is a different collection in 7.11? Might as well wait for that.