You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Truxtun_35

SERVERS in Here SUCK. Up, Down, Lag ect.... Your thoughts?

38 comments in this topic

[RNGR]
Members
11 posts
1,693 battles

The Servers in the Game seem to be really Bad. One time they work great & the next Not. They Lag in the middle of ones Battle. Catch up & lag again. They are erratic at Best right now.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,987 posts
12,488 battles

Servers are fine, for me. And I'm connecting across the Atlantic.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,008 posts
7,315 battles
1 minute ago, Truxtun_35 said:

The Servers in the Game seem to be really Bad. One time they work great & the next Not. They Lag in the middle of ones Battle. Catch up & lag again. They are erratic at Best right now.

Well there's a lot of stuff from your client to the server. Your PC, your router, your ISP, the routers between your ISP to WGs ISP, WGs ISP to their router connected to the servers and then the servers themselves. If there are problems along the way, that can cause problems. A traceroute from your PC can see where problems are at.

[FGNE]
Members
317 posts
2,407 battles

It is most likely that either your end has issues, or any hop in between your end and WGs servers.

Check if windows or anyother stuff is downloading updates, that usually screws conectivity for online games.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,322 posts
11,874 battles

As long as my internet connection is good the servers are fine. Internet goes down then servers are crap. Hmm, bet crappy servers are a result of internet connectivity?

• Cool 1

Members
1,541 posts
704 battles
1 minute ago, CO_Valle said:

Check if windows or anyother stuff is downloading updates, that usually screws conectivity for online games.

90% of the time I have problems, it is this.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
960 posts
13,132 battles
13 minutes ago, Truxtun_35 said:

I never have a single issue with lag or anything else.

Comparing to the many other online games I have played thru the years WG servers are fairly awesome.

Contact support if you are experiencing issues and they will be able to help you trace where your issues are coming from.

Lag can be caused by a lot of things and since it is not an issue to the entire player base and just certain people indicates it has nothing to do with WG servers and your problem lies elsewhere.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,144 posts
9,231 battles

Servers are fine. 

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles

I think your ISP may be throttling you because they're annoyed that you unnecessarily capitalize random words. 

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Members
76 posts
4,017 battles

Look at your ping time when you are having issues, if you see a jump in the ping time it indicates that you are having internet service issues or something else in your household is hogging your bandwidth. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,420 posts
5,424 battles

check your connection speed using:   testmy.net

Edited by dionkraft

Members
2,081 posts

Least it's not as bad as it was... Before they moved the Servers from San Jose, CA... I would get 100ms or higher ping and the packet drops were insane. Now that the servers are located in Chicago, Illinois the connection is a lot more stable. From 35-60ms ping.

Sad thing is, as the US population grows ping times keep increasing every year or 2. I used to get sub 30ms ping to Chicago, Illinois a few years ago. Same state I would get less then 10ms... Now it's nearing 20ms. 

Edited by MorbidGamer

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
2 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Servers are totally fine.  I had major issues with game lag, ISP had assured me it was no their fault.  I ended up changing the router, and it fixed all of the issues.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,403 posts

My thoughts are "What the hell is this guy saying?"

Members
2,420 posts
5,424 battles

My PING increases when I go underwater......Jus' kiddin'.....

Members
2,081 posts
5 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Servers are totally fine.  I had major issues with game lag, ISP had assured me it was no their fault.  I ended up changing the router, and it fixed all of the issues.

Buff bloat... You can test it here. 

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

My router gets a B (AC88U).

HsAvW1T.png

If I was to tweak the QOS setting manually then I would get an A rating.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,706 posts
3,468 battles

I remember having a total of 2 issues with the server crashing or being slow since Alpha.

Working in IT I can confirm your average user doesn't understand the difference between their connection being crap and the server being crap.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
16 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Least it's not as bad as it was... Before they moved the Servers from San Jose, CA... I would get 100ms or higher ping and the packet drops were insane. Now that the servers are located in Chicago, Illinois the connection is a lot more stable. From 35-60ms ping.

Sad thing is, as the US population grows ping times keep increasing every year or 2. I used to get sub 30ms ping to Chicago, Illinois a few years ago. Same state I would get less then 10ms... Now it's nearing 20ms. 

Huh, Im on the west coast and what's funny is that I'm on a rural cable connection (100 dl, 15 up) I had a 35 ms when they were in San Jose. Now that they are in Chicago, according to you, I'm at a whopping 35ms... 

Crazy I know...

Members
2,081 posts
1 minute ago, BURN_Miner said:

Huh, Im on the west coast and what's funny is that I'm on a rural cable connection (100 dl, 15 up) I had a 35 ms when they were in San Jose. Now that they are in Chicago, according to you, I'm at a whopping 35ms... 

Crazy I know...

You are not in a highly populated area then. I can tell just by your slower internet speed. The more people there are connected... The more servers and hops. 

[PVE]
Members
9,008 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, Madwolf05 said:

I remember having a total of 2 issues with the server crashing or being slow since Alpha.

Working in IT I can confirm your average user doesn't understand the difference between their connection being crap and the server being crap.

OH Yeah. Or that their PC is crap. I had a guy with an ancient 10mbps lan card who would not understand that he could not get his 25 mbps speed without replacing his ancient lan card.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
Just now, MorbidGamer said:

You are not in a highly populated area then. I can tell just by your slower internet speed. The more people there are connected... The more servers and hops. 

Smh.. lol So just because I say I'm on a "rural" connection you assume there aren't a lot of people on the system. Well, thanks for informing me of where I live.

Might I ask you for some advice then? Considering that in my area we only have literally one cable provider, who might you suggest I go with besides my current provider? After all, all the businesses and residents in the surrounding 30 miles are stuck with the same pos connection (it goes out on sunny days for good sake). 

But hey, you know more about where I live and my provider than I do. Enlighten me please. /puts-straw-in-mouth 

• Funny 1

Members
2,081 posts
22 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

Smh.. lol So just because I say I'm on a "rural" connection you assume there aren't a lot of people on the system. Well, thanks for informing me of where I live.

Might I ask you for some advice then? Considering that in my area we only have literally one cable provider, who might you suggest I go with besides my current provider? After all, all the businesses and residents in the surrounding 30 miles are stuck with the same pos connection (it goes out on sunny days for good sake). 

But hey, you know more about where I live and my provider than I do. Enlighten me please. /puts-straw-in-mouth 

Why do you need advice if you are having perfectly fine ping?

Cable is probably the easiest and home user friendly connection to optimize. I run cable for people who don't want to pay for cable dude to come out and do a poor job. All I ask is for them to pay for the supplies.

DwGqKSB.png

If you would like to know how to tweak your cable line then... I'll be glad to assist you.

Edited by MorbidGamer

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,706 posts
3,468 battles
2 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

Vote for people who aren't retarded/bought and support Net Neutrality.

Or we can continue to be just under the paradise of Sri Lanka in terms of reliability, speed, and affordability of our internet.

• Cool 1

Members
17,843 posts
5,099 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

OH Yeah. Or that their PC is crap. I had a guy with an ancient 10mbps lan card who would not understand that he could not get his 25 mbps speed without replacing his ancient lan card.

Lol people still use those? I haven't used anything but the integrated one since roughly 2000....

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
6 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Why do you need advice if you are having perfectly fine ping?

Cable is probably the easiest and home user friendly connection to optimize. I run cable for people who don't want to pay for cable dude to come out and do a poor job. All I ask is for them to pay for the supplies.

If you would like to know how to tweak your cable line then... I'll be glad to assist you.

You missed the sarcasm apparently...

You completely assumed you knew my area and situation based on my "ping" and "connection I pay for". However, that is not always the case is it? I am guaranteed, according to my cable contract, only 80% of what I pay for. More over, I am subject to throttling. Yet again, you "assumed" based on not even on my true ping, but my "in game millisecond rating" that I had a completely fine connection all the time, more over that very few people were on the system.

To use this same line of logic, can I assume that because you are in fact in a very populated area with more cable options, better cable packages that you Computer is utter trash because you have issues with your connection and it's been that way prior to their move?

Here's my PC that I built a couple of years ago (it's still got some oomf in it):

i7-6700k
msi Z170A M7 MoBo
32gb ddr4
geforce 98o ti

OS is Windows 10 Pro

So no, I honestly don't need help in tweaking anything and I was being sarcastic because I truly don't like it when people assume anything. Have you thought that maybe your tweaking your router/modem/computer has caused more problems than fixed? It's like the backyard mechanic that wants to fix that squeak in the engine. They spray some "squeak fix" on the block, next thing they know a "ding" is happening. So to fix that, they use some "ding fix" spray. That works too, but now a knock has started. They try some knock spray, but it won't work and suddenly the whole block seizes because nothing actually got fixed.

I've seen people have a very similar problem in the PC world with those "fix my PC" programs you see on T.V. because the person in the box told them they had a slow PC... So they download the program and next thing they know that program has invaded every square inch of their system, bogged it down even more and more often than not, is a Trojan. Now I have to go in an wipe the system and actually fix it.

I guess what I am getting at here, beyond the don't assume anything is, are you sure anything on WarGaming's end was broken to begin with before you started tinkering?