You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Is your port not "happening" enough?

29 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles

Do you ever get the feeling that there is not enough going on in the port UI? That WG is not telling you enough and does not have enough different tabs and buttons in the port UI? Do you feel that your GPU is not quite hot enough when viewing the port UI? Do you have way too much unused space in your port UI?

Yeah, me neither. It seems like every new patch, we get another button, tab or doohickey somewhere in the port and it is getting excessive especially for players with smaller resolutions.

Where does it end? Is this what we have to look forward to?

shot-18_11.01_16_38.05-05992.thumb.png.08e8906ce858b6d6691aa11f77ee389d.png

Anyone else feel like WG is starting to fill up the Port UI a bit too much?? Credit goes to @LT_AFK

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 6

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,681 posts
15,202 battles

Beautiful graphics work as always, @LT_AFK

[-S-R-]
Members
317 posts
7,138 battles

Interesting, I have very few of those items in my port screen and I have no idea how I have it that way.  I'm happy about that BTW, I absolutely would not want my screen looking like that.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,980 posts
6,579 battles

It doesn't surprise me people get turned off from this game given how atrociously complicated the ingame UI is.

This is kind of tongue in cheek I think but... seriously, this is exactly how it feels in game.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
1,791 posts
7,786 battles

Seriously guys this is getting out of hand

Just look at this:             

March 2016 October 2016 May 2017 July 2018 November 2018
MO7Tobs.png sCddqrq.png A2YXqoc.png LFN3dlM.png JqAyvor.png

Also one has to emphasize this game's Port UI takes at least as much resource as the actual game (battle), if not MORE

Idling around in your port in background eats tons of unnecessary resources and power. Port needs to be fixed and Menus needs to be organized better

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
19 minutes ago, LT_AFK said:

Just look at this:             

Also one has to emphasize this game's Port UI takes at least as much resource as the actual game (battle), if not MORE

Idling around in your port in background eats tons of unnecessary resources and power. Port needs to be fixed and Menus needs to be organized better

someone do the math, when will a 1080p resolution be filled up by at the current rate of addtions?

[FGNE]
Members
315 posts
2,406 battles

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it... alongside a ton of threads saying:

- why did you do it?, there was no need!.

- why spend development hours on this??,... you could have fixed radar twice in that time!

- fix wooooosta!

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,246 battles

I ordered a mirror ball, some beaded curtains and a peacock chair from Amazon.  Later today the shag carpet installer is coming over.  My UI is gonna be really "happening!"

• Funny 1

[MIA-A]
Members
1,980 posts
6,579 battles
3 minutes ago, LT_AFK said:

Just look at this:             

The real question is has port UI creep outpaced the other types of creep:

• Camo creep
  • Currency creep
  • Ways to get ingame rewards creep (and I probably missed some of these lol)
    • Aresenal
    • British missions
    • Personal assignments
    • Regular missions
    • Daily shipments
    • Campaigns
    • Containers
    • Collections
  • Power creep

• Cool 1

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,127 battles

I heard u guys were posting about *qality* UI, so i wanted to help out with something similar. I cant pick radar for my Edinburgh! :Smile_sad:

shot-18.11.01_14.30.01-0455.jpg

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

I heard u guys were posting about *qality* UI, so i wanted to help out with something similar. I cant pick radar for my Edinburgh! :Smile_sad:

shot-18.11.01_14.30.01-0455.jpg

Doesn't everyone run catapult fighter? 

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,127 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Doesn't everyone run catapult fighter? 

I run catapult fighter for Cherry Blossom OP in my Edinburgh. Because everyone else is a Cleveland or a Baltimore there, so bringing yet another radar is redundant. :fish_glass:

Members
1,534 posts
687 battles
38 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I ordered a mirror ball, some beaded curtains and a peacock chair from Amazon.  Later today the shag carpet installer is coming over.  My UI is gonna be really "happening!"

Is this what you are going for?

Image result for Saturday night fever gif

[KRAK]
Members
946 posts
13,102 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Do you ever get the feeling that there is not enough going on in the port UI? That WG is not telling you enough and does not have enough different tabs and buttons in the port UI? Do you feel that your GPU is not quite hot enough when viewing the port UI? Do you have way too much unused space in your port UI?

Yeah, me neither. It seems like every new patch, we get another button, tab or doohickey somewhere in the port and it is getting excessive especially for players with smaller resolutions.

Where does it end? Is this what we have to look forward to?

shot-18_11.01_16_38.05-05992.thumb.png.08e8906ce858b6d6691aa11f77ee389d.png

Anyone else feel like WG is starting to fill up the Port UI a bit too much?? Credit goes to @LT_AFK

Honestly and I do not know  how but I see none of that stuff in my port ever.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,980 posts
6,579 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Honestly and I do not know  how but I see none of that stuff in my port ever.

Do you use WGC?

It only looks like this if you use the game center.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, LT_AFK said:

Just look at this:             

I've been hardcore gaming since way before it was cool to be cool, and WG's in game UI's are the worst I've seen and used.

[KRAK]
Members
946 posts
13,102 battles
9 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Do you use WGC?

No I do not thanks for that info. I will definitely not be using that as long as possible.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,617 battles

Am I the only one that gets a message in port that there are local females wanting to chat? Seems to happen in every port I visit. 

• Funny 2

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles

My on-board video card can run the game just fine.  

But unfortunately, I seem to need 4-way SLI 8GB graphics cards that have more horsepower than 8 of my main processors each....  just to enter port to be able to select a boat and click "Battle".   :Smile-_tongue:

[-S-R-]
Members
317 posts
7,138 battles
49 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

No I do not thanks for that info. I will definitely not be using that as long as possible.

59 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Do you use WGC?

Ah, this is it!  I don't use the WGC except when there is a necessary update and then I close it out (from the systray too) immediately when it is finished.  I start the game from a shortcut to the executable file.

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
1 hour ago, AnimaL21 said:

My on-board video card can run the game just fine.  

But unfortunately, I seem to need 4-way SLI 8GB graphics cards that have more horsepower than 8 of my main processors each....  just to enter port to be able to select a boat and click "Battle".   :Smile-_tongue:

Let me know how much computing power it takes to get the chat interface working flawlessly. 

Members
17,822 posts
5,087 battles
4 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Later today the shag carpet installer is coming over. 

Orange, I hope.

Don't forget to do the walls in fake wood panelling too, and the bar with the front covered in quilted vinyl.....

I'll come over and we can watch the game on your 26" floor model Electrohome!

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
494 posts
8,374 battles
4 hours ago, LT_AFK said:

Just look at this:             

Sadly it is more actually. The fan on my video card doesn't spin at all when idle, and is barely noticeable when in game. When in port it starts to rev up to the point that I can hear. If you have an AMD card you can also see it by using the Radeon overlay and have Chill enabled and see the difference in the power draw of the card between in game and in port (here's a hint, in port is a lot higher than in game).

Needs to optimized, never mind organized.

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
16 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Sadly it is more actually. The fan on my video card doesn't spin at all when idle, and is barely noticeable when in game. When in port it starts to rev up to the point that I can hear. If you have an AMD card you can also see it by using the Radeon overlay and have Chill enabled and see the difference in the power draw of the card between in game and in port (here's a hint, in port is a lot higher than in game).

Needs to optimized, never mind organized.

Someone had a great meme about starting a fire or something like that by clicking "back to port".  But I can't find it. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,824 posts
21 hours ago, enderland07 said:

It doesn't surprise me people get turned off from this game given how atrociously complicated the ingame UI is.

This is kind of tongue in cheek I think but... seriously, this is exactly how it feels in game.

This thing is here, and that thing is there, but the other part you need is a button inside a screen inside an interface that needs to call the "cref browser" or whatever it is, and none of the different things work the same way, it's all unique one-off layouts, access, and/or interface.

But the thing that aggravates me the most, maybe more than it should, is that WG feels the need to force-change everyone's port whenever they introduce a new port background.  Seriously, I like the port I have, it's just a nuisance to make me change it back every time they get a "good idea" for a new port.