Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea

Coupon off "selected" WoWS packages... but...

32 comments in this topic

Members
728 posts
3,787 battles

They don't TELL you which they are.

The coupon says:

"20% OFF SELECTED WOWS PACKAGES

Enjoy an exclusive 20% discount on a vast selection of World of Warships packages - valid for 7 days."

Vast selection... Well, I cruised through the website and I didn't scan one.

So, what gives?  If y'all want my hard earned old guy money, you should at the very LEAST let me know which things work for which.

~B

• Cool 4

[WMD]
Members
76 posts
4,778 battles

I have a 20% coupon as well that I haven't been able to figure out what I can use it for, not that I need to spend more money on this game.

[WPP]
Members
450 posts
5,064 battles
12 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I have a 20% coupon as well that I haven't been able to figure out what I can use it for, not that I need to spend more money on this game.

As you scroll through the shop every item that has a tag in the upper right like 10% OFF,  SPECIAL OFFER, AVAILABLE FOR YOU: 1 is not eligible.  If there is nothing up there and just the price on the bottom then it is a regularly priced, non-special item.  Easy as that.

Edited by galspanic

Members
135 posts
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

As you scroll through the shop every item that has a tag in the upper right like 10% OFF,  SPECIAL OFFER, AVAILABLE FOR YOU: 1 is not eligible.  If there is nothing up there and just the price on the bottom then it is a regularly priced, non-special item.  Easy as that.

Didn't work when I tried to get Roma on discount.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WPP]
Members
450 posts
5,064 battles
8 minutes ago, ModDestroyer_1 said:

Didn't work when I tried to get Roma on discount.

Then there is a problem.  It should be good for a regularly priced, non-limited, non-doubloon toting ship.  Try filing a report.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
659 posts
241 battles

We are currently looking into this.  We very much appreciate you reporting the issue!

• Cool 1

Members
728 posts
3,787 battles
34 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We are currently looking into this.  We very much appreciate you reporting the issue!

Thanks Radar_X.  I mean, hey, it ain't like I don't buy things...  But, I HAVE almost all of the ships already, so...  I sort of need to know if there is something I can actually USE the coupon for.

Much obliged!

~B

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles
36 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I've got the same problem, though mine is a 10% coupon.

No obvious discounts, no red bock with 10% off, no list of appropriate packages, no Arsenal style "You have Coupon for this item", nada.

Matt

[WPP]
Members
450 posts
5,064 battles
3 minutes ago, mobryan said:

I've got the same problem, though mine is a 10% coupon.

No obvious discounts, no red bock with 10% off, no list of appropriate packages, no Arsenal style "You have Coupon for this item", nada.

Matt

If you look at the coupon there should be a little i in the corner that gives you details..  I've never seen any that apply to anything on sale, specials, or doubloons.

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles
7 minutes ago, galspanic said:

If you look at the coupon there should be a little i in the corner that gives you details..  I've never seen any that apply to anything on sale, specials, or doubloons.

I've got the information bubble, but nothing in the Premium shop that matches it. Even logging out and directly comparing prices on what "should" be qualifying packages show no difference, even when I've run through the purchasing procedure right up to the final "Buy" button.

Matt

[WGA]
Administrator
659 posts
241 battles

Folks just a few things on this particular issue:

• Be sure you are logged in, select the bundle, click purchase, and try and apply the coupon
  • The coupon cannot be used with items already on sale.
  • You can also view which coupons are available here:  https://wargaming.net/shop/coupons/

If you've tried this and it still is not working for you, please drop me a PM with a screenshot so we can investigate further.  We really do appreciate your feedback on your experience and thoughts on the coupon and it's availability!

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,500 battles

Same issue. 

But I got one for the wrong account. =( Want Massachusetts on the other.

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles
9 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

• Be sure you are logged in, select the bundle, click purchase, and try and apply the coupon
  • You can also view which coupons are available here:  https://wargaming.net/shop/coupons/

If you've tried this and it still is not working for you, please drop me a PM with a screenshot so we can investigate further.  We really do appreciate your feedback on your experience and thoughts on the coupon and it's availability!

Can you give an example item that definitively should work?

I've tried the Soviet 5's package, the October Revolution package, 2 different Le Terrible packages, The bare bones Kidd, the Flag Vault, and one of the Cossack commander packages, and I've gotten nothing about applying a coupon.

Matt

[HYDRO]
Members
1,299 posts
3,653 battles

@Radar_X

I can confirm that the barebones Roma package without any offers or sale isn't compatible with the discount coupon.

I did a bit of testing, some barebones premiums work, some others don't.

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,372 posts
1,453 battles

OK..Why wouldn't I have any coupons at all?    I am logged in?

[-AJ-]
Members
13 posts
471 battles

Yes, a list would be appreciated.

However like Warheart said, some premiums worked. Perth, Dunkerque, Hood, and Atago to name a few. 

edit: tried again, was able to apply coupon to Indianapolis. Thx WG!

Edited by nrnstraswa

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
9 hours ago, Radar_X said:

How do you apply the coupon?  Is there some process?

[SIDE]
Members
1,200 posts
8,657 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

How do you apply the coupon?  Is there some process?

At checkout, before the actual point of sale.

Personally, I find the coupons to be a complete waste of time. They never seem to apply toward anything I was ever interested in.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,295 posts
15 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Yeh, your coupons have never really been the most intuitive system in the store, might wanna shake the chain of command a bit and see if you can get the top brass to order up some fresh paint on it

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
7 hours ago, HansGigensViet said:

I try to buy Roma when I just receive 10% coupon 2 days ago. But can't use that coupon. :(

I wanted/want to use a 20% coupon on the Abruzzi, but couldn't see how.

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles

So, after exhaustive research, I can apply my 10% coupon to Kii and Roma only...

Broken system is broken.

Matt

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this