You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mohawkdriver

USD 90.00 for a Sub I can't keep?

110 comments in this topic

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,210 posts
10,243 battles

Like the title says.  What are you thinking, WG?  I don't care what else you include in the package.  

Just incorporate submarines into the game...you know you want to.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
7,315 battles

You are spending the $89.99 on 40 premium Pumpkin containers. The Killer Whale sub (snicker) is a bonus.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,738 posts
2,020 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are spending the $89.99 on 40 premium Pumpkin containers. The Killer Whale sub (snicker) is a bonus.

This @mohawkdriver  You didn't look at the 20 premium pumpkin package and realized the 40 is exactly that but one size larger with a bonus.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,210 posts
10,243 battles
6 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

This @mohawkdriver  You didn't look at the 20 premium pumpkin package and realized the 40 is exactly that but one size larger with a bonus.

I saw it, but I don't care.  I wanted the sub.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,738 posts
2,020 battles
1 minute ago, mohawkdriver said:

well there are two ways.

You buy the 40 pumpkin package

or

Grind it out.

[-K-]
Members
5,111 posts
8,979 battles
9 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

well there are two ways.

You buy the 40 pumpkin package

or

Grind it out.

Am I missing something with the Killer Whale sub?  Is it significantly better than the others or something?

[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
7,315 battles
15 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:
21 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

8 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Well with this title and your OP, you seem to have a disconnect. 

mlOyOkR.jpg

You want the sub and spent the money on the sub, when the premium shop explicitly states that the sub is temporary. The $89.99 is for the 40 premium pumpkins and the subs are a bonus. Seems like you are complaining for no reason.

XVzpxLm.jpg

ig1LsMy.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,210 posts
10,243 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well with this title and your OP, you seem to have a disconnect. 

mlOyOkR.jpg

You want the sub and spent the money on the sub, when the premium shop explicitly states that the sub is temporary. The $89.99 is for the 40 premium pumpkins and the subs are a bonus. Seems like you are complaining for no reason.

XVzpxLm.jpg

ig1LsMy.jpg

Nope; I saw all that.  My question still stands.  Why spend that kind of money for a boat I can't keep?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
7,315 battles

You evidently did it, so you tell us? We have all been telling you that the sub is a bonus and the $89.99 was for the 40 premium pumpkin crates.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WPP]
Members
459 posts
5,133 battles
1 minute ago, mohawkdriver said:

Nope; I saw all that.  My question still stands.  Why spend that kind of money for a boat I can't keep?

You aren't.  You are spending $90 for all that other stuff and as a bonus you get a cool thing to play with while the rest of us plebes have to grind it out over a few days.  I feel like you are just being obtuse at this point.

• Funny 1

Members
199 posts
3,158 battles

"For A Limited Time Only:  Buy a brand new 4k LCD TV for $750 and get a free toaster!"

OP:  OMG, they are selling a toaster for $750!  Pitchforks! Torches!

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 19

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,925 posts
3,315 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

"For A Limited Time Only:  Buy a brand new 4k LCD TV for $750 and get a free toaster!"

that about sums it up.

• Cool 4

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,662 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

wait, they're selling toasters, pitchforks, and torches in the Premium Shop now?:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
135 posts
48 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are spending the $89.99 on .....

I just... never get past this part. I have never paid this much for any single whole game. No way in hell am I going to support the depths of insanity this company and market is reaching.

That is too much money to be burning for something so stupid  relative to its actual value; doubly so when you add in year on year interest.

Edited by ModDestroyer_1
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
830 posts
4,565 battles

What would be nice is if next Halloween it would also be unlocked for you if you purchased it. I really spent the money for all the tier 8 permanent camos. I'm very happy I think I acquired all the tier 8 ones.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
11 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Bc you're not spending money on that premium sub. You're spending money on the 40 premium containers. The sub is a bonus until next patch. It baffles me you think you should get to keep an unbalanced sub and just have access to it after the Halloween event ends.

[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
7,315 battles
29 minutes ago, ModDestroyer_1 said:

I just... never get past this part. I have never paid this much for any single whole game. No way in hell am I going to support the depths of insanity this company and market is reaching.

That is too much money to be burning for something so stupid  relative to its actual value; doubly so when you add in year on year interest.

Don't spend the money on the premium pumpkin crates. Problem solved. I'm not buying the pumpkin crates myself as I have most of the Halloween perma-camos from last year.

Members
6 posts
3,021 battles

what's the point of keeping the sub if there is no sub scenario?

Edited by Ricelaif

Members
135 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have most of the Halloween perma-camos from last year.

So you did spend the money... :Smile_sceptic:

I just don't get why people don't understand the fact people end up buying this stuff, too many really, is why it only gets worse every year.... :Smile-angry:

You give an inch, they take a mile mentality. Seems to be playing out so far. Last thing they have left to ruin is Christmas crates. You want to know why? Everyone who pays for too much overpriced crap, especially containers and high tier ($50ish) premiums only need to go look in the mirror for the answer.

Edited by ModDestroyer_1
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, ModDestroyer_1 said:

So you did spend the money... :Smile_sceptic:

I just don't get why people don't understand the fact people end up buying this stuff, too many really, is why it only gets worse every year.... :Smile-angry:

I don't like buying sticks of pressed dried leaves to burn. I don't find that fun. I do find this game fun. If everyone all liked the same things, then the marketplace would be a very sad thing.

• Cool 2

Members
135 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't like buying sticks of pressed dried leaves to burn. I don't find that fun. I do find this game fun. If everyone all liked the same things, then the marketplace would be a very sad thing.

Cigarettes? I agree that is an apt comparison in that it is addictive, abusive, and a leading cause of cancer. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
754 posts
7,952 battles

Cigarettes? I agree that is an apt comparison in that it is addictive, abusive, and a leading cause of cancer. :Smile_teethhappy:

So the Graf Zepplin is basically an "E-cigarette"?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
7,315 battles

So don't spend money on the game. The game is free to play. But don't bash the people who do spend money as the game is not free to develop and run. If no one spends money on the game, there is no game.

• Cool 1