You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

CV question for those who've played the carrier rework Beta.

6 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

How do you feel the current skill-sets you're used to mesh with the rework? Specifically, is there anything you're currently using in the RTS environment that seems pointless in the rework, and vice versa?

ETA: To clarify, I am also referring to captain skill builds. Sorry to those who have already replied, thinking they were giving me what I needed to know. DERP.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
480 posts
62 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How do you feel the current skill-sets you're used to mesh with the rework? Specifically, is there anything you're currently using in the RTS environment that seems pointless in the rework, and vice versa?

Controlling multiple spots of the map simultaneously 

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,322 battles

You can use the overhead map while controlling the aircraft to direct your CV on an autopilot course. Unless you had set the CV speed prior to launching aircraft, it will move at 1/2 speed on whatever course you set.

In order to manually control the CV to avoid attacks, you need to abandon control of the aircraft, which causes them to return to base.

It would be nice if you could switch between the ship and aircraft without sending the aircraft back to base.

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles

Is the question "what skills will transfer or overlap between the two play styles?"  Not much from what I can tell.  Knowing how to use the map to auto pilot your CV, but that is much.  Knowing the AA ships, their range and DPM, that's all likely to change.  Understanding how aggressively to move/position your CV, that's going to change too with the concealment expert change.  The rework is pretty much a fresh start for everyone.     

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,259 posts
24,847 battles

As far as commander skills, I don't think we can determine anything right now.  Some of the CV commander skills were changed to reflect the changed gameplay of the rework.  I didn't check if any of the AA skills were changed.  However, there wasn't much skill tree building done by players because the first commander skill cost 20 million xp.  I heard that there was a bug with the commander skills so WG didn't want people to train any of them.