You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
callphy

no more great eight collection?

9 comments in this topic

[RAZE]
Alpha Tester
186 posts
4,127 battles

last week and this new wed patch   do not give great eight container anymore ?

in that case why do we get the option to click "collecting / do not collect" button

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

You should still be able to get pieces from regular containers but not every time.

• Cool 1

[RAZE]
Alpha Tester
186 posts
4,127 battles

problem is i have never see any great eight pieces for days. not even a duplicate  oO

let say if u collect 3 container in 1 day u should be able to see at least 1 great eight piece right? but i dont ,  thats why i feel like they are not there oO

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts
2 minutes ago, callphy said:

problem is i have never see any great eight pieces for days. not even a duplicate  oO

let say if u collect 3 container in 1 day u should be able to see at least 1 great eight piece right? but i dont ,  thats why i feel like they are not there oO

Random is random. I sometimes get multiple pieces in a day and then other times can go days without any.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,374 posts
1,453 battles

Was wondering same thing..certainly seemed to have stopped?  I'm opening 3-5 crates a night and was receiving them in at least 50% and now nothing.     I can't remember not getting at least 2-3 in any previous  evenings play. I am two short of completing and have purchased two through duplicates.   Not thoroughly shocked,  always seems to happen somehow "randomly"  when I get close to finishing a collection.    

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
581 posts

They are still dropping - got 2x duplicates last night.

Now only 3 more duplicates to complete my collection!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,712 posts
3,894 battles

Collections that drop in regular crates (e.g. American collection, Yamamoto) don't go away until you've finished them.

Collections that have to be assembled entirely from won (or now, coal-bought) crates, e.g. Bismarck, Dunkirk, French, you have to keep on winning/buying containers until you get the lot.

Chances are the drop rates have decreased in order to tempt the impatient ones to buy premium crates in store and guarantee themselves completion. I've been lucky; I have just two more items to collect and 9 duplicates, so the very next Ovechkin item I get from any crate will finish the collection immediately. If I get a duplicate, I buy the two items out; if it fills a slot, I buy the other one out and convert the remaining duplicates for cash. In 0.7.11, the Royal Navy Destroyers collection begins, also dropping from crates, so I want to get the Ovechkin collection over and done with before then. 

What to do with him is the next question. It would be tempting to put him in the Bogue and have a 10 point carrier captain immediately, but I don't know how current CV skills are going to carry over into the rework. Alternatively, set him up as a Clemson bot-clubber with BFT and AFT and go have some fun with him.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles

Make sure the collection is active.

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
1 hour ago, callphy said:

last week and this new wed patch   do not give great eight container anymore ?

in that case why do we get the option to click "collecting / do not collect" button

As others have mentioned, the Daily Container is RNG based. Some days you will get multiple items, some days you won't get any.  Since the Great 8 collection can be dropped by Daily Containers, it will be active until you complete the collection or you turn it off on the collection screen. You can only have one collection active in the Daily Containers at  time and if you set one collection to collect, the others will be set to don't collect. So make sure the collection you want to complete first is set to collect. Here is a screen shot of my Yamamoto collection that I put on hold to collect the Great 8 collection. In this screen shot it is collecting as I took it before the Great 8 collection started. The green collect button on the right side of the screen is lit. Now, if I went into the game, it would be on the red Don't Collect as my Great 8 collection is set to collect. When I finish the Great 8 collection, the upcoming British collection, then I will start back up on the Yamamoto collection.

QDNb2NA.jpg

More importantly, the next patch is 7.11 and is scheduled to drop on Wed, Nov 21st.