DeathLord1969

Overpens

5 comments in this topic

Members
809 posts
2,616 battles

My overpen count is increasing fast and I don't know why. I can have a close range broadside cruiser & still overpen it without a lot of damage from a BB. I switched to type 6 crosshair & do tend to get more cits, but overpens are still aplenty. Any tips to lessen these and get better hits?

I know how to aim & where, it just doesn't always work right.

[SPTR]
Members
25,686 posts
10,839 battles

So for a close range broadside cruiser, aim at the waterline so your shells can pass through a bit of water so they can eat the shell fuze time duration sooner and can explode when it enters the citadel instead of exploding after exiting the citadel.

Find the balance by experimenting in the training rooms too much water for your shells to pass through they won't hit their target, too little or no water to pass through before hitting the actual ship you will get overpens. 

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,022 posts
500 battles
7 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

My overpen count is increasing fast and I don't know why. I can have a close range broadside cruiser & still overpen it without a lot of damage from a BB. I switched to type 6 crosshair & do tend to get more cits, but overpens are still aplenty. Any tips to lessen these and get better hits?

I know how to aim & where, it just doesn't always work right.

I don't see bugs about that at the moment. 
Depends on many factors, the best way is to practice on the current ship discovering the most effective distance for attacking broadside cruisers maybe even in the training room.
From the long distance you may hit them well, if you are near aiming throug water could help like was pointed above. 

Members
809 posts
2,616 battles
5 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

What ship do you use?

As I am playing Sprint, I am using Cesare and Konig. Since I switched to type 6 crosshair, I get more citadels with Cesare than I did before.

4 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

So for a close range broadside cruiser, aim at the waterline so your shells can pass through a bit of water so they can eat the shell fuze time duration sooner and can explode when it enters the citadel instead of exploding after exiting the citadel.

Find the balance by experimenting in the training rooms too much water for your shells to pass through they won't hit their target, too little or no water to pass through before hitting the actual ship you will get overpens. 

I always aim for the waterline, it's a habit now. Even when ppl say aim above, I still aim at the waterline.

Now, I'm not looking to get citadel after citadel, just want less overpens.