Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

24 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,225 posts
7,657 battles

Yeah, I think it's safe to say I like the T-61. Excellent way of bagging all those XP boosts

973286917_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.dede5eb6e21e90aa08c9532fa3fcd933.png1543269079_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.24ab198d40292d61b14a4d6bfbfc0ea1.png1434343048_Screenshot(25).thumb.png.14000799fddf327b99339b0d89231fa0.png1229981338_Screenshot(27).thumb.png.2205bae7b41bed034d5928576e5ad58e.png1268422265_Screenshot(29).thumb.png.6d08057e12df070b96d9e514e25b8c7c.png1234430660_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.6b29ddd7d5cf5666d61c54089a470cb8.png

• Bad 1

Members
3,646 posts
13,502 battles

I agree, T-61 is not OP. But she's a damn good DD. IMHO, the best tier 6 DD. I have 95 battles in T-61 so far and the only other DDs that I've done as well with is Vampire, Z-39, and Lo Yang.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,010 posts
7,666 battles

yea it's only statistically better by a good amount in almost every way than the T8 of the same tree, Z-23. So other than being essentially the equivalent of a T9 in T6, it's not OP. :cap_hmm:

Supertester
1,463 posts
16 battles

*significantly better than T6 regular counterparts*
*Gaede, Gallant, Shinonome & Monaghan are all sitting at the bar drinking in a depressed manner*
*Fubuki & Hatsuharu are gently crying in torpedoboat in the corner* 
*Farragut, Anshan, Fushun & Aigle all nervously check behind them, even the visiting L.Maas is concerned*
*Icarus & Gnevny don't seem to care in the fight for worst T6 DD on centre stage*
*T61 quietly enters the bar, looses salvo after salvo of torpedo combined with some good gunfire and duly escapes - carnage and panic ensues*

Published by WG, 'Nightmare on T6 DD street'.

Edited by Trainspite
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SSU]
Members
340 posts
3,603 battles

She's strong. But I think she's properly powered for the tier. It's most of the other tier six and seven dds that need to be buffed. The jump between tier 6 and tier 8 power is to huge. And tier 6-7 cruisers and battleships have a better time imo.

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,358 battles

Even being uptiered the only thing that gives me any pause in the T-61 is the potential for radar ships.  Even when they are present, it just means I'm less aggressive.

[UFFA]
Members
553 posts
29 battles
1 hour ago, Trainspite said:

*significantly better than T6 regular counterparts*
*Gaede, Gallant, Shinonome & Monaghan are all sitting at the bar drinking in a depressed manner*
*Fubuki & Hatsuharu are gently crying in torpedoboat in the corner* 
*Farragut, Anshan, Fushun & Aigle all nervously check behind them, even the visiting L.Maas is concerned*
*Icarus & Gnevny don't seem to care in the fight for worst T6 DD on centre stage*
*T61 quietly enters the bar, looses salvo after salvo of torpedo combined with some good gunfire and duly escapes - carnage and panic ensues*

Published by WG, 'Nightmare on T6 DD street'.

One day Aviere will appear and they will all feel just a little bit better about themselves.

Aviere3+(Maurizio+Brescia)+10-9-1942+Ald

[SSU]
Members
340 posts
3,603 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

Even being uptiered the only thing that gives me any pause in the T-61 is the potential for radar ships.  Even when they are present, it just means I'm less aggressive.

Basically all tier 8 dds have a massive advantage on all tier 6 dds... Except maybe IJN torp boats. A Benson, z-23 or lightning give me serious pause in a tier 6. 

[DRACS]
Members
3,357 posts

She's not Belfast or Konig Albert OP, but she's pretty damn borderline. Great concealment, T10 torpedo reload, higher tier gun reload. You have to potato really hard to screw up in this ship.

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,216 battles
4 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

One day Aviere will appear and they will all feel just a little bit better about themselves.

Aviere3+(Maurizio+Brescia)+10-9-1942+Ald

Nah, she will the the Italian Ognevoi at T6 when Ognevoi was at T6..

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,358 battles
10 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

Basically all tier 8 dds have a massive advantage on all tier 6 dds... Except maybe IJN torp boats. A Benson, z-23 or lightning give me serious pause in a tier 6. 

True.  But my role as a DD is flexible depending on what I'm up against.  As top tier, I'm hunting and killing.  As bottom tier I'm spotting and playing cat and mouse with the reds.  Keep the DDs and cruisers occupied without directly engaging them and keep the BBs from flanking.  If a red BB or cruiser gets itself isolated I'll go after it and make its life hard.  In most of my DD play I minimize the time I'm being spotted unless I have a clear advantage.

Members
900 posts
6,946 battles

The only thing op about the t-61 is the torp reload, everything else is average. I think what the ship really shows is that geade is trash and that maass has stupidly high concealment (as well as many other t7 dd). After saying that tho if there was a t6 ranked I think I'd pick shinonome over t-61 tbh.

[SSU]
Members
340 posts
3,603 battles
16 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

True.  But my role as a DD is flexible depending on what I'm up against.  As top tier, I'm hunting and killing.  As bottom tier I'm spotting and playing cat and mouse with the reds.  Keep the DDs and cruisers occupied without directly engaging them and keep the BBs from flanking.  If a red BB or cruiser gets itself isolated I'll go after it and make its life hard.  In most of my DD play I minimize the time I'm being spotted unless I have a clear advantage.

Totally agree. I thought you meant you are only afraid of radar when up tiered, but like any ship bottom tier you need to be careful. A well played Benson will crush an equally well played t-61.

The good news is that 90 percent of them Benson's are busy getting vaporated in tier 10.

[UFFA]
Members
553 posts
29 battles
42 minutes ago, agrims said:

Nah, she will the the Italian Ognevoi at T6 when Ognevoi was at T6..

Stalinium ships must all be good. All other tech trees must have a freexp toll. :cap_haloween:

[WMD]
Members
83 posts
4,866 battles

Apart from the torp reload and range I don't find T-61 to be any better than Icarus, I prefer the manouverability and smoke on Icarus. I think the main advantages T-61 has in fights are being a prem you can put your 19pt Z-52 skipper in it, and that most people playing it likely have T10 DDs so know the basics of DD play.

[SSU]
Members
340 posts
3,603 battles

It's a jack of all trades, solid at everything. You can beat torp boats with guns and gun boats with torps. And you can go after a damaged gun boat and win. That said, it's really great at nothing, although the concealment is strong for the tier.

Sort of like the Shira at tier 7. Stealthy, cannot beat a gun boat one on one, but if you pick a fight with a weakened one, you should win, while being way better at torps than most other tier 7s.

My argument being that the gun boats and torp boats at tier 6 need a little buffing, either to lessen the severity of the weakness (my preference) or give another buff to their strength.

Edited by MinkeWhale

Members
900 posts
6,946 battles
21 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

That said, it's really great at nothing, although the concealment is strong for the tier.

Majority of t6 dd have 6-6.3km concealment. Only exceptions are farragut, gaede, aigle and hatsuharu.

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,358 battles
2 hours ago, MinkeWhale said:

Totally agree. I thought you meant you are only afraid of radar when up tiered, but like any ship bottom tier you need to be careful. A well played Benson will crush an equally well played t-61.

The good news is that 90 percent of them Benson's are busy getting vaporated in tier 10.

Yes.  My comment was more towards the mixed meta with a radar cruiser.  It inhibits the hunting and killing role and pushes me more towards a defensive and harassing role.  I'm not afraid of a same or lower tier DD but if there is a radar ship about I can't just hunt the DD unless I know the radar ship is out of play.

[SSU]
Members
340 posts
3,603 battles
55 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Majority of t6 dd have 6-6.3km concealment. Only exceptions are farragut, gaede, aigle and hatsuharu.

Gnevy, anshan and fushun are that low? Haven't played those since the lines changed ... I just thought 6.1 seemed strong for the tier. Haven't played a lot in the t-61 yet. (Finally getting back to the soviet dds, been doing the stock grind on the ognevoi, Tashkent and Kiev mostly, which ... Has been yucky.)

Members
900 posts
6,946 battles
2 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

Gnevy, anshan and fushun are that low? Haven't played those since the lines changed ... I just thought 6.1 seemed strong for the tier. Haven't played a lot in the t-61 yet. (Finally getting back to the soviet dds, been doing the stock grind on the ognevoi, Tashkent and Kiev mostly, which ... Has been yucky.)

Gnevy & fushun are 6.1km, anshan is 6.26km. Farragut and gaede have garbage concealment, aigle is balans by its speed and big guns that don't actually do much damage.

Sign in to follow this