Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

WoWs Television Commercial

8 comments in this topic

[H_]
Members
701 posts

At 2144 CST, NA on the History Channel,  I saw my first WoWs television commercial.

WW2 footage backed by the 1812 Overture, some narration and with some game play screens mixed in.......not bad.

Anyone see this ad ?

[WOLF9]
Members
4 posts
3,294 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

At 2144 CST, NA on the History Channel,  I saw my first WoWs television commercial.

WW2 footage backed by the 1812 Overture, some narration and with some game play screens mixed in.......not bad.

Anyone see this ad ?

Have not seen it, I looked for it and all I found was this strange commercial: 

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles

You didn't imagine it, although to be overly pedantic it was a commercial for World of Warships Blitz.  :cap_book:

56 minutes ago, Capt_Scuttlebutt said:

Have not seen it, I looked for it and all I found was this strange commercial:

I believe this was it (wasn't paying full attention when it came on tv):

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
701 posts
6 hours ago, Harv72b said:

You didn't imagine it, although to be overly pedantic it was a commercial for World of Warships Blitz.  :cap_book:

I believe this was it (wasn't paying full attention when it came on tv):

Nope.  I was watching "Forged in Fire" and the ad started (about 2140 CST) with actual film of WW2 Capital ships sailing towards a camera, then transitions into actual film of weapons firing and actual combat footage, then cuts to game play footage and back and forth to the Blitz logo....  Pretty well done.  I wish WG would post these commercials for our input !!!!  Some of us have degrees and/or work in Television Production.....

They used the 1812 Overture as back ground sound.  I have the show recorded and can't figure out how to get that digitally to post.

[IRISH]
Members
347 posts
7,092 battles
5 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Nope.  I was watching "Forged in Fire" and the ad started (about 2140 CST) with actual film of WW2 Capital ships sailing towards a camera, then transitions into actual film of weapons firing and actual combat footage, then cuts to game play footage and back and forth to the Blitz logo....  Pretty well done.  I wish WG would post these commercials for our input !!!!  Some of us have degrees and/or work in Television Production.....

They used the 1812 Overture as back ground sound.  I have the show recorded and can't figure out how to get that digitally to post.

You have a degree in Television production..and you don't know how to post digitally?...(College has failed us once more)...

:Smile_amazed:

Also..WHATS television.....

:cap_haloween:

Edited by drakoolia

[H_]
Members
701 posts
2 hours ago, drakoolia said:

You have a degree in Television production..and you don't know how to post digitally?...(College has failed us once more)...

:Smile_amazed:

Also..WHATS television.....

:cap_haloween:

I don't have a copy of the source material !  And, no way to get that data.....for re-use.  If I want that ad, WG will have to provide it.  It's their material and re-use without permission is a no go.....    I may be old but I'm not technologically impaired (and, yes, I have paid the phone bill....)  catch the inference? 

[IRISH]
Members
347 posts
7,092 battles
20 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I don't have a copy of the source material !  And, no way to get that data.....for re-use.  If I want that ad, WG will have to provide it.  It's their material and re-use without permission is a no go.....    I may be old but I'm not technologically impaired (and, yes, I have paid the phone bill....)  catch the inference? 

Pretty sure community contributors use they're intros/ IP visual data all the time without issue. Falls under Youtube Fair use policy actually if you were to post it THAT way.

DO you have a DVR connected to your tv/ Hark doth I say it VHS recorder? Many different ways you can convert from VHS to Digital. ( VHS player RGB/RCA Video/audio out to a capture Card in the PC, or other dedicated Analog to digital transfer/capture device.

Members
2,412 posts
2,213 battles

If I wasn't lazy, i'd attempt to make a parody video of the German destroyer trailer with this playing in the background. 

Spoiler

Sign in to follow this