You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

Remove DD SOFT & HARD CAP

46 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
2,741 battles

Ever since the DD soft and hard cap every battle has 4 DDS like clockwork. This is nuts. I’d rather have the old system where u can get 1-5 DD s in a match.  At least then u can say when u got 5 per team that was bad luck but now u never see less then 4 except in a blue moon or if u have really bad luck u get 6..I think WG needs to go back to the previous system.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Members
1,016 posts
8,071 battles

4 DDs isnt bad. Domination you got 1 for each cap + a floater.  Standard 1 for each flank+middle and a floater. If they all bunch up they get radared.

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,886 battles

3 of the 4 die in the first few minutes mostly, so you're really dealing with 1 or 2 DD's five minutes into the game. Not sure what you're complaining about...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
44 posts
2,741 battles
18 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

4 DDs isnt bad. Domination you got 1 for each cap + a floater.  Standard 1 for each flank+middle and a floater. If they all bunch up they get radared.

the purpose of the patch was to reduce the number of DDS per game..read the patch notes. But the patch has an opposite effect. The patch has standardized the number of DDS per game at 4. Which means from now till the end of time the number of DDS per battle will always be 4..this was not the intent of the patch. Having 4 dds per game means 35% of your team is all DDs at all times. I am not sure why WG has a sudden love affair with DDs.

Members
1,016 posts
8,071 battles
3 minutes ago, Anij said:

the purpose of the patch was to reduce the number of DDS per game..read the patch notes. But the patch has an opposite effect. The patch has standardized the number of DDS per game at 4. Which means from now till the end of time the number of DDS per battle will always be 4..this was not the intent of the patch. Having 4 dds per game means 35% of your team is all DDs at all times. I am not sure why WG has a sudden love affair with DDs.

I dont always see 4 dds now after the patch. Plus the newest ship line is the RN DDs, people are trying them out. There are missions specific for DDs. iDK man. Like I said even if there were 4 dds every match, I dont see that as a negative.

Edit I also think you mean 33%.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Members
44 posts
2,741 battles
21 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

3 of the 4 die in the first few minutes mostly, so you're really dealing with 1 or 2 DD's five minutes into the game. Not sure what you're complaining about...

If 3 or 4 DD die on your team first the match is over. Im pretty sure the team that loses its DDs first is pretty much guaranteed to lose the match say conservatively 75% of the time but reality its more like a 90% guaranteed loss

[SBS]
Members
2,488 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Anij said:

A soft cap only more evenly distributes the DDs in matches.  If there isn't a population for 4 DDs per team you won't see 4.  It was already mentioned the RN DDS were recently released and that is probably still increasing the DD numbers.  In a week or two we'll probably see fewer DDs.

[AAA]
Members
443 posts
5,495 battles

I miss the good ole days with just 1-2 dds team or just me. Glory days

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles
3 hours ago, Anij said:

Ever since the DD soft and hard cap every battle has 4 DDS like clockwork. This is nuts. I’d rather have the old system where u can get 1-5 DD s in a match.  At least then u can say when u got 5 per team that was bad luck but now u never see less then 4 except in a blue moon or if u have really bad luck u get 6..I think WG needs to go back to the previous system.

At mid to low tiers this may be the case but at high tiers i have seen an increase of 2 DDs per side battles.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,718 posts
8,150 battles
3 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Radar last 15-40s depending on tier, if you're killed while it in you were dead anyways.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,331 battles

You should just remove yourself from the game.

It will save your time

[NSC]
Members
134 posts
5,328 battles
7 hours ago, Anij said:

That's not true.  I had a battle where I was in the Lion last night and there was only one DD in the battle per side.  Should have seen the mayhem it caused on our team....

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles

Most of you have this bass ackwards. The purpose of the cap was to increase the number of DD per game by eliminating extreme outcomes with 5+ DD per team. It's bad for balance to have extremes. There were far too many 0v1, 1v1, 1v2, and 2v2 matchups because all the DDs would get sucked out of the queue into an absurd 6v6 DD match. The smaller DD matchups were blatantly broken for one team because not all DDs can cap and if your one capping DD does something stupid or goes AFK, you're effectively in a 0v1 (or worse yet, 0v2).

Anyone who complains about too many DD is lying through their teeth. DD are still the least populated of the three major classes and by a long shot.

If you're wondering why WG was concerned about this, here's a hint: there are two DD trees in this game that are effectively DDL. They can't contest caps and are much more sensitive to DD imbalances typically present in smaller DD matchups. They also happen to be the two least popular tech trees in the game despite one of them being the first new tech tree added to the game after its official release 3 years ago.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
565 posts
168 battles

Completely agree.

They, WG, even completely contradicted themselves in the Q&A where they first noted of this MM limit.

"We are placing a MM limit on DDs..."
in the same Q&A as
"The game is balanced on Rock-Paper-Scissors".

Contradictions..... Contradictions.

Lowest performing ship type and second lowest populated ship type needs an MM limit lol. Talk about anti-truth

• Boring 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,373 posts
13,786 battles
8 hours ago, wstugamd said:

I miss the good ole days with just 1-2 dds team or just me. Glory days

When was this ever the case?

[KRAK]
Members
1,373 posts
13,786 battles
9 hours ago, Anij said:

Why should there be a cap on any ship type at all? There are anywhere between 4 and 8 radar ships practically every game as well. Why not ask them to cap radar ships too or BBs for that matter there are just as many BBs in every match.

Members
565 posts
168 battles
1 hour ago, awildseaking said:

Most of you have this bass ackwards. The purpose of the cap was to increase the number of DD per game by eliminating extreme outcomes with 5+ DD per team. It's bad for balance to have extremes. There were far too many 0v1, 1v1, 1v2, and 2v2 matchups because all the DDs would get sucked out of the queue into an absurd 6v6 DD match. The smaller DD matchups were blatantly broken for one team because not all DDs can cap and if your one capping DD does something stupid or goes AFK, you're effectively in a 0v1 (or worse yet, 0v2).

Anyone who complains about too many DD is lying through their teeth. DD are still the least populated of the three major classes and by a long shot.

If you're wondering why WG was concerned about this, here's a hint: there are two DD trees in this game that are effectively DDL. They can't contest caps and are much more sensitive to DD imbalances typically present in smaller DD matchups. They also happen to be the two least popular tech trees in the game despite one of them being the first new tech tree added to the game after its official release 3 years ago.

On the contrary.

Whilst those symptoms were certainly an issue, this is just them refusing to fix the root cause.

There are too much internal power weight for DDs in internally countering. In other words, too many DDs that were **intentionally** made stronger against other DDs, and weaker against non-DDs. No other ship type suffers this. This is also one of the reasons the type has been the lowest performer since the game was playable.

Imagine if WG released a SINGLE BB that  auto-citadeled other BBs but did significantly reduced damage against non-BBs.

There would be rioting in the streets.

• Boring 1

[MUDD]
Members
87 posts
1,009 battles

there should not be any cap on any class! All BB, All CA, All DD, All CV battles should be allowed! That bit of randomness is not possible with forced caps!

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,373 posts
13,786 battles
4 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

Completely agree.

They, WG, even completely contradicted themselves in the Q&A where they first noted of this MM limit.

"We are placing a MM limit on DDs..."
in the same Q&A as
"The game is balanced on Rock-Paper-Scissors".

Contradictions..... Contradictions.

Lowest performing ship type and second lowest populated ship type needs an MM limit lol. Talk about anti-truth

I see no change in the amount of DDs since the soft cap was introduced. I think it had more to do with getting the same amount of DD on each team versus an actual cap or at least it seems that this has been the outcome of the soft cap from what I see.

Members
565 posts
168 battles
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I see no change in the amount of DDs since the soft cap was introduced. I think it had more to do with getting the same amount of DD on each team versus an actual cap or at least it seems that this has been the outcome of the soft cap from what I see.

Getting the same amount of DDs on each team was never an issue.

The only MM issues I think can be made are:

A.) uneven amount of Gunboats vs Cappers.

B.) Too many BBs, not DDs

C.) Uneven amount of Radar on one team, which has been proven to effect win rate.

As far as (B). If the game was even remotely balanced or rather balanced objectively, the same would even out just as it does in just about any other game. This is also why Rock-Paper-Scissors is the most successful balance model, you just have to completely follow it, or not at all, there is no partial RPS system like we have now.
In a balanced RPS... if Rock gets too populated..... you will see Paper rise in population shortly after because there is a buffet of prey. If Paper doesn't rise, you know Rock requires nerfs or Paper requires buffs

Edited by Sbane12

[KRAK]
Members
1,373 posts
13,786 battles
Just now, Sbane12 said:

Getting the same amount of DDs on each team was never an issue.

The only MM issues I think can be made are:

A.) uneven amount of Gunboats vs Cappers.

B.) Too many BBs, not DDs

C.) Uneven amount of Radar on one team, which has been proven to effect win rate.

Sometimes one team would have more DDs than the other particularly if there are DDs divisioned up which still was not that big an issue.